Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 25-29
Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

on 1/19/2015 9:35:00 AM

I am a fan of chanel perfumes but as far as cosmetics are concerned i usually went as far as lipsticks and mascara(le volume de chanel is amazing by the way...). Recently i decided to try out their foundations due to a discount that chanel had and it is the only way that i can afford this foundation.. And it is Definately worth it!!! As far as packaging is concerned we all know that chanel is the best at it but i will not talk about it because the foundation is what it is important. In a few words:

-it feels very nice on my acne prone skin
-it glides on smoothly
-it is not extremely matte and not cackey at all! It is the perfect balance between matte and silky foundation
-it last almost all day without melting on my skin or fading
-it has medium coverage. If you wish to completely hide your flaws this is not the foundation that you will choose. But it is not sheer! It has a nice medium coverage.
I have acne prone skin and some minor scaring and redness and it hides them good but not completely!
-It gives my face a nice subtle silky glow and makes me look rested and fresh
-it may enlarge your pores a bit.

Generally i have nothing bad to say. I have only used it for 3 days now and i cannot talk about breakouts. The furure will tell!

on 6/23/2014 1:31:00 PM

This foundation is EVERYTHING!!

I have acne prone skin with a lot of discoloration. I use the beauty blender for the application and it gives me a flawless complexion. obviously, if you're oily. Setting powder is a must! I use bareminerals mineral veil on top of it.
Lasts all say. Does not break me out. :)

Not to mention I have tried: Dior, Armani and other high end foundations. Does not compare.

on 2/27/2014 10:02:00 AM

Pros: Stays matt on my oily/combination skin where most other foundation i have tried hasn't.
Staying power
Pump pack
Consistency is a creamy consistency
Packaging
Scent
Semi matt finish
Medium coverage

Cons: It is quite an expensive foundation.
Limited colour range - I am shade 20 Claire in this foundation and it comes out too dark and yellowish on my skin tone (this is why I will unfortunately not be repurchasing this foundation).
Pump pack gets clogged which for me wasn't really a big issue but for some, they might get annoyed with this.
It is drying to the skin even with my oily/combination skin but i would prefer it over looking like an oily slick throughout the day. It also doesn't dry out my skin as much as some other foundations i have tried.
Can accentuate fine lines, dry patches and pores.
Appears to oxidize on my skin, although difficult to tell since the foundation isn't the correct colour when applied.

Overall, i have tried so many foundations and i really do like this foundation because it is one of the very few foundations i have tried which wasn't overately drying and doesn't make me look like an oil slick at the end of the day. If it wasn't being discontinued and had a better colour range i would definately reconsider purchasing it. This is one of the only foundations i have reconsidered purchasing and i have trialed so many foundations, many of which are too oily or far too drying. This foundation is a happy medium and i am disappointed Chanel didn't put out this foundation with a better colour range because it would have been perfect foundation with the right moisturiser underneath.

on 1/4/2014 9:38:00 AM

This foundation is easy to blend, gives a nice luminous matte like skin, and has medium coverage.
I dont use it much, and when I do, I always use prior application a glycolic based moisturizer. What this does, is keeping my skin free of breakouts, and oilyness appears after many hours instead of minutes. If i use it without glycolic or other type of AHA, i get whiteheads the second day, as this foundation can be quite irritant because of the ingredients they use, and also can oxidize a bit during wearing.
For me, aha's worked better than a primer.

A very important note: i use it mostly in the summer when i have a slightly tan. Their lightest shade it looks quite dark on my skin. I got it as a gift, but will not repurchase because of the shade reason. I prefer samples as a gift from now on!

on 10/2/2013 8:50:00 AM

I used to love this product when I was younger but now I just find that it dries out my skin, it looks caked on even though i don't apply a lot, and I use no. 3 Cendre, it can look a bit orange at the end of the day, my skin is fair, so it is noticeable.

It is very matte, provides excellent coverage and very long lasting.

It is good during the summer months, i find that my skin can be a bit oily in summer, and if going out at night it's great because it lasts, for me, not ideal for winter.

on 8/4/2013 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this product! It is the only foundation I have found that keeps my skin shine-free ALL DAY! It provides excellent coverage that lasts from morning to night. Love it!

on 6/7/2013 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hi.

This is my first review post ever and I would have to say that Mat Lumiere from Chanel 30 cendre intensity 1.5. is by far the best liquid foundation for my skin. I'm in my late 20's and have oily/combination skin with pores (which by the way are minimizing, thank God :) ). I have tried Estee Lauder double wear foundation. Christian Dior, Nars, Clarins, Mac, and many others, But there is no other foundation that has left my skin so flawless, even, and absolutely beautiful. This foundation helps minimizes my pores and does not clog them up, it doesn't make me feel cakey. I would repurchase over and over again. I use the real technique brush foundation (the stippling brush) and it just makes the foundation absorb right through the skin even more. I will be getting married soon and this is the foundation that I will be using on my day, I won't change it for another one. I also use a finishing powder and makes my skin look flawless. Absolutely amazing :)

on 12/27/2012 1:32:00 AM

I have oily-dry combination skin that is prone to break outs. Have used other Chanel foundations, Dior, Clinique, Laura mercier, stila and nars before.

Have been using #20 for five years now and always test other foundations but come back to this. It has buildable coverage and does not give any shine without looking cakey. Stays all day, has SPF 15 and feels lightweight.

The pump bottle is good, however you need to clean to little "squirt hole" otherwise you will have foundation on your walls! This foundation lasts me awhile.
l
Love it and recommend it!

I really wanted to love this product. I had been using Vitalumire Aqua (which I adore) for 2 months, but I was looking for something more mattifying for the fall winter seasons, so I tried it in the store and really liked it, and bought it. Big mistake. After 1 hour the color had oxydied and the product sinked in my pores, it looked horrible and cakey and dried my oily skin; it looked like my skin was falling off. And it's also really difficult to blend. I'm sorry Chanel, but I won't repurchase this.
The way I'm dealing with it right now is mixing it with the Vitalumire Aqua and that way I get a pretty good coverage, semimatte finish and it lasts all day.

I bought it today and im so excited about this foundation. I have combination skin, olive tone and i bought number 40 beige. It has a matte finish but looks natural. It has a medium coverage so i would not recommend it if you have a big acne problem or scars and you need a full coverage. During the day i put a small amount of it with makeup brush and it looks so natural, like i m not wearing any makeup, but still looks good! I have read some reviews about that, that looks oily etc after a few hours, i hope it fits my skin , i ll let you know! Price: 46 euros, i hope it worth it!