Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 19-24
Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

on 4/10/2016 10:08:00 PM

My absolute favorite foundation! Keeps me matte all day and doesn't cling onto my horrrrible dry patches. The coverage is medium to medium-full, completely buildable and no matter how much you pack on it still feels as though you are wearing nothing at all. I tested it in a friend with dry skin and she absolutely loves it as well. Only downside is that it dries a bit fast, similar to Estee Lauder's DW but if worked with within a reasonable time it blends beautifully (especially with clean fingers!) Absolutely loveee it.

I absolutely love this product. It is so light on my skin and is the perfect coverage for daily basis. You might need a little bit more coverage if it is a special occasion.

Love this foundation! I went in to a Dillard's counter and the girl matched me for this but they were out and she gave me two sample packets instead and I'm so amazed at the quality and staying power of this foundation. The packets last a really long time too so until I'm done with those I definitely be back to get the full size! As for the person who "went" to sephora and got a sample and hated it, because doesn't carry this product in the states I wish sephora carried chanel my rouge status would be out the roof!

on 7/14/2013 7:36:00 AM

Mat Lumiere is my all time fav! I have this in shade50 and it matches my skin tone perfectly. Works well with my oily acne prone skin, isn't greasy, provides high coverage and gives me flawless skin. It doesn't change colour as I've experienced with perfection lumiere. It only needs a bit of powder to really set the foundation and last me a whole day.

My current foundation.

Pros: Good oil control. I have pretty oily skin and needed a foundation that kept my skin matte and natural. The foundation liquid is quite thick so a little goes a long way and I find layering it gives good coverage without a heavy look. Very light-weight; I sometimes forget I'm even wearing it! I do have acne scarring and it doesn't cover it extremely well but enough that it is barely noticeable. The smell is nice and fades within an hour of putting it on. Goes on silky smooth and leaves my face looking naturally glowing!

Cons: I don't think there are any real cons with this product but I find that it's sometimes a little dusty on my face depending on how I apply it. It needs to be blended in extremely well and looks better when you use your finger! A brush doesn't do this type of foundation justice. It's also important to moisturize well before applying this product.

YES. EXPENSIVE... BUT YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR AND THIS DOES DELIVER. Until I find something better, this is my go to!

on 1/18/2012 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

AMAZING!
My skin...
Colour: MAC NW20
Age: 14 with super oily skin and pimples.
Skin type: Oily on cheeks, nose and top of forehead.
Dry on chin, temples and sides of face.

This foundation is amazing! I have tried several foundations such as MAC Select SPF 15, MAC match master, Covergirl Nature Luxe and Covergirl Clean and NOTHING compares to this foundation.

Mat Lumiere does what it advertises. It makes my skin mat, and gives brilliant oil control and covering of oil. It provides a brilliant coverage for me, as I like my foundations to be light but covering and not cakey and thick. This foundation is buildable for a nighttime look or for those girls that like more coverage. In Australia I paid $72 for a 30ml bottle. I was hesitant at first but when the girl put it on my skin I realised I was completely wrong, and the foundation was perfect for me. I will definitely be repurchasing and I recommend it to the girls out there with oily and/or acne prone skin that are looking for a lightweight, fresh, non pore clogging, oil control, mat finish foundation :)
Oh and I dont no what it smells like but it smells AMAZING!
ITS WORTH THE MONEY GIRLS!

on 10/25/2011 5:46:00 PM

I love this product...it covers everything redness, blockiness, and pores, it's an amazing product and there are so many shades available now. i would buy this in a heat beat!

on 9/18/2011 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

What it claims:
Perfect for combination skin with a tendency to shine, this oil-free formula delivers a soft, natural matte finish with maximum staying power. Medium coverage looks impeccable and shine-free for up to 12 hours.

What it does to me:
As I have combination skin and am oily on the t-zone/nose, this is a wonderful foundation. It gives me a soft, natural matte finish which is really nice and for those who prefer it. It lasts the whole day and can be applied with a stippling or paddle brush easily. It isn't shine free for 12 hours but it does last the whole day. It clogs easily so be prepared to use a thin instrument to fix it. Beautiful Product!

Recommended for combo/oily skin only. Not suited for dry skin as it will make the skin look chalky. Remember, this foundation is made for those with combo/oily skin so this foundation will benefit them the best.

on 8/22/2011 3:18:00 PM

I truly believe you get what you pay for with foundation - of course, there are a few exceptions. When I tried this in the department store I was so glad I'd found the right coverage/wear/consistency for my pale skin - finally.
The effect is truly luminous - it's like touche eclat for your whole face (without looking silly) as well as the matte finish I wanted as I can shine a lot.
I find it's much better to apply this with a foundation brush rather than fingers/sponge as you don't need a whole lot of it to get a really good result. The brush will help thin it out and spread it equally over the whole of your face for a natural but polished product.
I will give a slight word of caution about the pump - if it blocks up, it will projectile squirt, as my cream carpet will testify. Make sure to angle the pumphead downward onto the back of your hand to make sure it doesn't wander off!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

EDIT: I absolutely love this foundation so I am changing my review from 4 lippies to 5. I love the way this applies and I get a ton of compliments. I can wear this without any major breakouts/pore clogging issues if I am careful about proper removal (MAC Cleanse Off Oil is excellent. I am so glad I discovered it!). The only thing I would like is more staying power, but I can fix this with powder or primer. I am going to keep repurchasing this until I find something better, which I don't think will be soon!

ORIGINAL REVIEW: This foundation has a gorgeous satiny finish that lasts me an 8-10 hour day. I didn't need a primer or powder. It goes on silky smooth and feels amazing. I would have loved this and repurchased this for the rest of my life, even though I consider it super expensive, if it just didn't clog my pores. I would even accept some minor clogging, but this gave me blackheads in places I've never had blackheads my entire life (ie, forehead) and near-teenage level breakouts in some areas. I remove my makeup really well, exfoliate regularly, and am in love with my Clarisonic, so I don't even want to know what this would do to someone who was doing less than me in terms of skincare. This is a shame because I really loved the way this foundation looked and lasted, and the color match was great (20 Clair for a MAC NW20). continued >>