Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 19-24
Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

on 4/10/2016 10:08:00 PM

My absolute favorite foundation! Keeps me matte all day and doesn't cling onto my horrrrible dry patches. The coverage is medium to medium-full, completely buildable and no matter how much you pack on it still feels as though you are wearing nothing at all. I tested it in a friend with dry skin and she absolutely loves it as well. Only downside is that it dries a bit fast, similar to Estee Lauder's DW but if worked with within a reasonable time it blends beautifully (especially with clean fingers!) Absolutely loveee it.

I absolutely love this product. It is so light on my skin and is the perfect coverage for daily basis. You might need a little bit more coverage if it is a special occasion.

on 11/1/2014 9:07:00 AM

Nice packaging, pretty easy to apply, covers some but not all of my redness. It is easy to build up if you'd like more coverage, but it made my pores more visible the more I buildt it up. I had to wear some powder on top of it, as it looked a bit shiny in my t-zone even right after applying it. It looked good for about 8 hours and had an OK oil control, but after five hours I had to keep repowdering a lot to make my face look shine free. I would probably have to apply more foundation if I were going out etc. in the evening when applied in the morning. With Estee Lauder Double wear and MAC pro longwear foundation, I don't need to do this. Not the best in it's class, but still makes my face look dewey and fresh for some hours.

on 10/26/2014 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow! This product gives a beautiful finish , it is not completely matte, it just gives you a healthy glow. For it's coverage I would say it is medium coverage but it is buildable. It's lasting power is great, I wore this yesterday to work and went to a party afterwards and when I got home it still looked pretty good! I apply this foundation with a zoeva silky finish brush and powder off with Mac prep and prime pressed finishing power and this makes it last for ages. I would say this is my favourite foundation right now!

on 7/4/2014 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I got a sample at a store in Poland. I've read on some places it is discontinued this Feb, 2014 because Chanel introduced a new foundation: Perfection Lumiere.

MY SKIN: After using a cleanser and toner for dry, sensitive skin, my skin feels very tight and dry. During summer I apply light moisturizers for oily skin. I have dry flakes from pimples. After 2 hrs my skin is oily. It is sensitive, too, so I have to be very gentle toward my skin since it becomes red just by tapping it into the towel. I have redness on my cheeks near the nose all the time. I am allways red - haven't found anything effective. This are the main reasons I opt for foundations: to neutralize redness and to hide imperfections like pimples, blackheads (nose) and fill-up my pores. I hate my skin. I have cystic acne - at least one pimple; wake up every morning with one new zit.... Blah, blah.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Upon application it matches my skin tone very good. I wear Bourjois CC Cream in shade 31 and 123 Perfect Foundation in shade 51; Healthy Mix in 52 is rather dark for me atm (there's no HM in 51 where I live). This foundation is easy to blend: I've put dots on my face and using the Real Technique's Buffing Brush I blended the foundation into my skin. It does cling to dry patches. The overall effect isn't matte, it isn't dewy but semi-matte. It is enough semi-matte that you can choose whether you want the foundation to set it with a mattifying powder. Since I have oily skin which tends to shine, I did set it with a mattifying powder (Rimmel Matte Pressed Powder). The powder is no good: it isn't finely milled; I would recommend any other than this one. The coverage of Mat Lumiere is medium. You can 'increase' the coverage if you want, but I like it the more natural style.

REVIEW: After two hours it look like freshly applied, after three and a half of hours it look still nice, kind of dewy. In total, I got 5 hours of wear time without any need for powdering. After 5 hours I looked horribly oily, like a new layer was added. Really embarrassing. I powdered my whole face and it looked cakey, but this may be due a cheap, not overly finely milled Rimmel mattifying powder. I was wearing the foundation for 8 hours, and there was a lot of foundation left. It could go for 10 hours; it didn't slip of my face nor did it 'break'.

Honestly, it's a decent foundation, but I have been expecting a better oil control, considering it's called 'Mat'. And, they labeled it as a 'Long Lasting' foundation. Well, for the price of US$73 (yup, that's how much it cost in most parts in Europe!), I would expect really more from it. Especially, considering how Bourjois 123 Perfection Foundation performs on my skin.

I would recommend trying a sample first to see how it acts on (someone else) skin. But for me, it is not worth buying. I would be happy if the price was 2-3 times lower.
I am glad that the SA gave me a sample to try it out first.

I have also got a sample of Perfection Lumiere, Vitalumiere Aqua and Estee Lauder's Double Wear.
Perfection Lumier was horrible after 3 hours. The cheek-near-the-nose par was bad at that point: some of the foundation vanished, and my pores were accentuate by the foundation, like the foundation 'got stuck'.
The same was with VA. But, this foundation looks so pretty once applied for 3 hours! Very natural, and covered all the redness, imperfections and pores really nice. After 3,5 hr you can see it started to wear off. The good thing is, this is the milestone point for this foundation. After that, it stayed that way, it didn't get worse. It was noticable I had foundation alright, but it wasn't bad either. But, Bourjois CC foundation performs better, tbh., and for US$60 vs. US$13 I know what decision I would make.

I tried hard to like Chanel's foundations. I want a higher end one, but this was really disappointing. I cannot believe how Bourjois makes such good foundations! If they were in a sleek, Chanel-like bottle, you could think that Bourjois is a HE!

I'm giving it 4 lippies because:
- it may be a good one for someone less oily
- nice, silky smooth upon application, effect & natural appearance
- staying power is not bad either, but you shall have a mattifying powder in purse, or any blot thing

I don't like:
- price, obviously, because for this price I expected better oil control

Love this foundation! I went in to a Dillard's counter and the girl matched me for this but they were out and she gave me two sample packets instead and I'm so amazed at the quality and staying power of this foundation. The packets last a really long time too so until I'm done with those I definitely be back to get the full size! As for the person who "went" to sephora and got a sample and hated it, because doesn't carry this product in the states I wish sephora carried chanel my rouge status would be out the roof!

on 2/9/2014 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

At first i loved using the Chanel Mat Lumiere, it had a subtle scent to it which i was fine with. The foundation had great coverage and with using the right primer it did stay matt for a decent time as i have oily skin. However, i realised that this foundation oxidises, it made me look i had a tan gone wrong. if you do have oily skin and you are interested in this foundation, my personal opinion is to start with a sample and one shade lighter than what your colour match is .
If you have super/oily skin, try using Hourglass Immaculate Powder Foundation :)

on 1/31/2014 2:07:00 AM

Love this foundation when I first put it on and then after 3 hours it starts to seperate and go blotchy *sad face*. It goes on demi matte gives the face a nice glow, but after a few hours of wear it just goes blotchy and doesnt look that great as when I frist applied it. I do have large pores and very oily skin that is maybe why, would repurches this prodcut very beautiful on the skin and needs touch ups during the day though.

on 10/15/2013 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a really nice foundation, to start off the packaging is gorgeous -as it is
with all chanel products! The formula has got a good amount of coverage, easily
buildable. The finish is a demi-matte, so it doesn't leave you absolutely chalky, it
imparts a slight glow that keeps you looking fresh. As gorgeous as the formula is though
I just think it is way overpriced, especially considering this formula just does not last very
well on me.

on 9/16/2013 6:53:00 PM

This is for oily skin!! I have very oily skin and my face would be like a mirror within three hours of wearing foundation. Also living in Hawaii the heat and the humidity takes a toll on my oily skin. So I tried this foundation. It's good coverage I apply with Shiseido brush. The only drawback is don't take flash photography ladies!! Your face would look whiter than your neck!!