Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have terrifically horribly oily skin, as well as very acne-prone skin. I've used a Benzyol Peroxide-gel for a couple of weeks to get rid of my acne, so it's better now than before, but still.

Anyway. I bought this foundation because I was really fed up with using foundation from the Body Shop - which looked cakey and oily on me. So I went into a department store and decided I'd buy a Chanel one, just because I think the packaging looked amazing.
The lady at the counter told me that Mat Lumire would fit me because of my oily skin, and so I bought it about 2 months ago.

The first month I was reaaaally let down. It didn't keep me matte for more than about an hour before I'd be oilier than a piece of bacon. I tried Chanel's powders and different primers, but nothing seemed to work. Then I changed from my L'Oral HydraFresh moisturiser to a new one from Nivea, and suddenly - BOOM, I was surprised by this foundation. Not only does it keep me matte the whole day, it doesn't have that overly-powdered look I hate so much. I don't really have to apply a primer before I use this, it stays on for ages - I put it on before I go to school, and I still have that newly-makeuped look when I take off my makeup right before bed.

The philosophy of Chanel is not to have a perfect skin with no colouration from acne scars etc etc, but to enhance your naturally beauty. Therefore the Mat Lumire foundation isn't even close to full-coverage, but it covers up the most essential, like my red areas around my nose and cheeks. I also love the luminous look I get from this, that always keeps me looking healthy and natural. I really recommend this one if you're looking for a high-class, everyday foundation to keep you matte and natural! x

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

L O V E this foundation. A little background story - I was going around to a whole heap of makeup counters the other day searching for a new foundation that would feel light, last long and have a medium coverage. Usually I would completely avoid Chanel thinking that it was for rich people and that the sales assistants would be snobby, but after getting terrible service from Mac (the lady was incredibly rude and made my face look orange and then walked off when I asked if I could wear the foundation around for the day just to see if I like it, does she expect me to pay $50 for a foundation that might not even work?) I thought I would give it a go. The people there were incredibly lovely and helped me out with finding a fab foundation. I was a bit hesitant with this one as I do have skin that's more on the dry side but i've had no problems with it at all. After receiving such good service and a day of wearing it, I decided I would pay $72 for it and i'm so glad I did. I've worn it from about 9am to 5pm on really hot days and it's lasted so well, it's INCREDIBLY light feeling and gives you a build-able medium coverage, it doesn't transfer onto clothing and it doesn't sweat off. People always tell me I have really good skin and I just tell them it's the foundation I use (this one) I really recommend! 5/5

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I work at a Chanel makeup counter, so I decided to take home a sample of the Mat Lumiere foundation since I have such oily skin. Never in my life had I seen such amazing oil control from a foundation! I can have it on for hours and have barely any oil, which is saying something because I usually have to blot and powder my face about an hour after my makeup application. Great buildable coverage, it never looks cakey on my skin. It matches my skin tone perfectly and feels so nice on my face. Only problem I have with it is that it's a bit pricey, but I'm paying for the quality also! A definite must for people who want a long wearing, oil control foundation.

Got to say, I love the way this makes my skin look! It is indeed matte, but it's not a flat matte at all, skin still has some luminosity without being full blown dewy- makes this product a winner for oily skin.
The shade selection isn't fantastic and Chanel have discontinued a few shades in the UK, including mine (5 faence). They tend to sway towards being very neutral, which in all fairness, is quite rare with a lot of brands as I find a lot to be very pink or very yellow and not natural looking.
I find this foundation applies best with either a sponge, beauty blender, or fingers. I usually apply all foundations with my ELF powder brush but it just made ML look too heavy- I think this may be because the foundation is so thick and creamy. When applied with the beauty blender, my skin looks completely poreless! Occasionally ML can look a bit heavy when first applied, but after about 20 minutes, when it's dried and settled a little, it just looks fantastic :)
Unlike ELDW, this product looks best on my skin when I begin to build up the coverage a little more- this is my go to foundation on a bad skin day. The coverage is definitely medium buildable.
But I find this foundation lets me down when I want to wear it for an everyday day at work. It doesn't last on my skin for as long as I need it to, and tends to get a little patchy after around six hours of wear. However, I do have very oily skin so this would probably hold up for around 8-10 hours on combination skin. I would not recommend this foundation for dry skin as it can cling to and accentuation dry patches- like most mattifying foundations.
Overall, this foundation doesn't work as an everyday product but for a night out or for a day when I'm running errands, I simply adore it :)

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

i was first sucked into chanel products by my obsession with high end brands...and i have to say i was impressed by this make up!
i wear clair - #20 in the foundation and lumiere#10 over the top..and its the closest colour match i have come across in a long time!
i can finally justify forking over a load of cash for a foundation!
yay.
it feels amazing on the skin, light and velvety and after wearing mac studio fix fluid for such a long time, its safe to say i dont think i will go back.
so if you have oily skin like me give this a go...im sure it will be a revelation for you too!

on 10/16/2011 11:56:00 AM

I have been using this foundation for about three years, and I love it. It feels light, covers well and makes it look natural. It blends very nicely and doesn't look streaky. I have applied it both with my fingers and a foundation brush from The Body Shop, and both works well. However, I would recommend using a brush if you are looking for the best coverage, because I find it hard not to overblend with my fingers. I use 20 Clair for the winter and 30 Cendr for the summer.
It is a bit pricey, but I haven't found any other foundation a good as this.

This is my HG foundation! I get amazing coverage with just one pump of this foundation. I have very acne prone and sensitive skin and I have not had any breakouts from this (: it gives great coverage and although it is mat I find that it also gives a nice and healthy glow to my skin. I work a 9 hour shift and it last me the whole day without having to apply powder or blot. And it does not smear which I have noticed with other foundations recently. Even though it is a little pricey it is worth every penny. The glass packaging is also very classy and chic

I bought this product yesterday, and was literally shocked at how well this works! My skin feels super-soft, and has a matte look without being mask-like. I used a light mac bronzer over it, and it makes the foundation look very glowy and natural.
The foundation smells really good, and comes out of a pump (i used one pump for my whole face which was just enough) so it doesnt make a mess, and will probably last me awhile.
It does a very good job of covering up redness, however i did use some concealer in addition to this product. my skin is slightly golden even though am a natural blonde, so i am the shade beige, which matches perfectly with my face and neck, adding to the natural look!
this is really a great product, it does everything it advertises to do, and i am very skeptical when a product claims too many good things. But with this one, i have to say, really lived up to its name and i will definitely be buying this again!

on 8/27/2010 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I'm SO excited for this review. This is my first HG foundation and I think it'll always be. :) So, first of all, I couldn't find the right foundation at all, I have golden undertones, basically the same skin color as Kim kardashian's just a litttle lighter, and it's so hard to find a foundation that matches me. I went to the Chanel counter since I was looking for a new foundation, I was debating wether I should get Giorgio Armani or Nars. But desperate I went to Chanel. I told the SA about my skin, which is oily, but can get very dry all at the same time and acne prone. My foundations never gave me the coverage and color that I wanted, so the lady suggested teint innocence, perfect color match! Since I have acne prone skin, teint innocence is the only oily free Chanel foundation, but I didn't like the fact that after 3 hours I was a grease ball. So desperate, I told my mom I wanted to try mat lumiere, perfect color match in 40 beige, perfect coverage and perfect finish, it's not flat matte, it's a Dewey mat. It's not oil free, so I was very hesitant. But omg! I actually feel like this is helping my skin, it's looks so much clearer! I love this foundation. But I suggest you exfoliate before if you have any dry patches. This makes my skin look FLAWLESS.

EDIT: sorry, I mixed this up with teint innocence. I feel all these things about teint innocence, although mat lumiere is great too! I'm just in love with teint innocence now. :)

I love this product!! I have sensitive skin that is also acne prone and in the past I've had problems finding something that looks perfect with medium coverage and doesn't make me breakout like crazy. I've used everything from bare minerals to Dior skin flash. But everything came up short. This stuff is the best i have ever found! i will never use anything else! I love it!