Lancome Vinefit SPF 15

2.4

on 7/1/2005 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

(Late 40s, combination skin). I liked the scent and rich consistency of this moisturiser and it sank into my skin well. The pale orange tint wasn't an issue for me as it quickly disappeared. What was an issue was that it broke my face and neck out into an itchy, bumpy rash. The active ingredients are octyl methoxycinnamate and titanium dioxide. I don't think the preservatives would cause me a problem, I know the titanium dioxide doesn't, so octyl methoxycinnamate is something I'll be avoiding from now on. If you're after an SPF15, if your skin isn't reactive, if you don't mind paying more than necessary for reasonable protection and if you like scented products, then go for it. There are better alternatives out there though.

on 10/2/2004 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Light cooling sunscreen but the sharp grape scent of this was irritating to my skin where I applied this(body only). Scent lasted for hours too, in fact couldn't get rid of it. Wouldn't buy this again on that reason alone.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I tried this one several times and it's nothing special for me. The only way it works out okay is in the summer when I don't need much hydration. The scent can break me out at times and the lotion doesn't hydrate enough. The cream hydrates a 'bit' better though. The best thing about it is the SPF it contains, but I can get that anywhere. I used up all my minis, but I would never buy the full size one!

I so wanted to like this product! It smells nice, and has a decent sunscreen, but arrgh! My usually tolerant skin came out in red blotches either side of my nose. It felt itchy and tight, and the cream left a white residue. Not good at all.

on 4/4/2003 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I went to the Lancome counter to buy the Absolue, then the sales person convinced me that Vinefit would be better for me. I'm sorry I listened to her. I also notice that it goes on thick, leaves a white film, and worse - rolls off in little balls. The only way to control these side effects is to put just a little bit on. I would not recommend but I'll tolerate until the jar is empty.

on 12/29/2002 4:53:00 PM

I do like the scent & how it has helped with my dry patches, but it is rather filmy and it tends to sit on your skin. (Not the best under foundation.) Like other users, I tend to use this only at night. This is not a product I would repurchase, considering the price.

on 5/19/2002 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got this in a GWP. It's a nice lightweght lotion for the warmer months that doesn't make my face look oily.