Lancome Vinefit SPF 15

No Image

3.3

on 5/27/2004 4:10:00 PM

I like the smell of this moisturizer, like fresh grapes. I think it does a good job of moisturizing my skin without making me break out. it is expensive though, 40 dollars or so for 1.7 ounces. Overall, I would try other brands, but the good thing about this moisturizer is that it is extremely lightweight for those of us who tend to have oilier skin that still needs moisture.

on 4/4/2003 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I went to the Lancome counter to buy the Absolue, then the sales person convinced me that Vinefit would be better for me. I'm sorry I listened to her. I also notice that it goes on thick, leaves a white film, and worse - rolls off in little balls. The only way to control these side effects is to put just a little bit on. I would not recommend but I'll tolerate until the jar is empty.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Lotion is light, absorbs quite quickly and mattifies my skin well. It helps give me a glowing look afterwards (sans the oily shine). My skin seemed more luminous and finer after a month's use. Scent is a bit weird though.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have the Vinefit spf15 moisturizer in both the cream (for around my eyes) and the lotion (for the rest of my face) versions. I love both! They smell heavenly! And the spf15 has both chemical and physical (titanium dioxide) sunscreen. The cream version is for normal-dry skin, and I use it around my eyes to add a bit more moisture, and it works beautifully - never stings my eyes and keeps them looking smooth and soft all day. The Lotion version is for normal-combo-oily skin, and I use it on the rest of my face because my skin is oily. The lotion is light, absorbs quickly and leaves my skin looking soft and matte all day. It is too, too bad that these Vinefit moisturizers were discontinued. I had to go online and find vendors who still had these in stock to purchase. I purchased 4 of each version, so I have back-up. Love these moisturizers, and I hope Lancome decides to bring these back! Love the antioxidants and grape polyphenols in these too! Good stuff!

on 1/11/2006 3:35:00 AM

i did not like this product at all. it felt heavy and oily on my acne prone skin. and it smelled HORRIBLE.

on 12/1/2005 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I like this moisturizer so much. It sinks in to my skin pretty fast yet matt and well moisturizing. The nude tint of the lotion does not bother me, in deed I love it. I actually love very thing about this moisturizer. The only thing is that it is discontinued.

on 11/13/2005 7:59:00 PM

It's a nice light cream that seems to hydrate nicely, but I didn't see any improvement in my skin's condition. For this price, I think there are better products in the market. Although, this is probably aimed at older people and I used it when I was in my early 20s. (The consultant who sold me these should have told me this *sigh* )

on 7/1/2005 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

(Late 40s, combination skin). I liked the scent and rich consistency of this moisturiser and it sank into my skin well. The pale orange tint wasn't an issue for me as it quickly disappeared. What was an issue was that it broke my face and neck out into an itchy, bumpy rash. The active ingredients are octyl methoxycinnamate and titanium dioxide. I don't think the preservatives would cause me a problem, I know the titanium dioxide doesn't, so octyl methoxycinnamate is something I'll be avoiding from now on. If you're after an SPF15, if your skin isn't reactive, if you don't mind paying more than necessary for reasonable protection and if you like scented products, then go for it. There are better alternatives out there though.

This review is for Vinefit Spf15 Lotion: I bot this more than a year ago, but I remember that it was a pretty good moisturizer! I have very dry flakey skin that somehow becomes really oily after a few hours from washing my face, so I have to be uber-careful not to upset my sensitive skin. Turns out, this moisturizer did not give me one single zit just like how it claims to be non-comedogenic on the packaging! It did a pretty good job at smoothing dry patches on my skin, but did not get rid of all of them. It was absorbed quickly but I don't think it's a good base for foundation because my Maquicontrole couldn't spread nicely. Although I like the pump (hygenic), I don't like the packaging. I found it really hard to get the remaining lotion at the bottom of the bottle and I was forced to waste at least 5ml because I couldn't scrape it out lol. Also, since it's a lotion and you can't control the amount of it dispensed from the pump, I think i wasted a lot! As with all Lancome products, this one had a really strong fragrance, but that never bothers me, although it may irritate others. Overall it was pretty expensive (58$CAD i find Lancome likes to jack up the price in Canada cuz it's much cheaper in the states after the CORRECT currency conversion) for a slightly above average moisturizer, but i do like the pinky-peach color of the lotion! :)

on 5/19/2005 12:13:00 AM

I've used this for two years, and the cream as well. The product is light and sheer, and is perfect for my combo/oily T-zone skin in the summer. In the winter, I find that it is not enough moisture for my cheeks and I have to do this weird thing of using the Vinefit lotion in my T-zone and Vinefit cream on my cheeks. I have heard rumors it will be discontinued so if you like it, snatch an extra bottle. The bottle is a nice pump, doesn't dispense too much.