Parfum d'Empire Equistrius

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
No Image

3.7

Notes: violet, green notes, iris, chocolate, woodsy notes, amber, sandalwood and vetiver.

This fragrance opens with the delicate aroma of orris enhanced by citrus and sheer flowers (violet and green notes). These notes eventually merge into a very pretty fruity-floral accord (chocolate is responsible for the fruit aroma) whose delicate nature makes it perfect for a crisp summer morning. The iris root adds a glossy, sophisticated polish to the main notes. The scent loses its fruity-floral top accord after an hour or so and gradually reveals a fine powdery note (sandalwood). Woodsy notes and amber characterise this scent from the heart accord to the dry down. Always pretty and rather long-lasting for its kind, this scent lasts six hours on my skin.

on 4/24/2008 5:06:00 PM

As the previous reviewer implied, Equistrius could probably be renamed Putain des Palaces Eau Fraiche. It's lighter, and something (ambrette?) gives the opening a citrusy zing, but there's still a bit of the pleasant skank lurking underneath. This is a nice fragrance overall, but what really sets it apart for me is the AMAZING rice powder note in the drydown. Seriously, it's one of the best things I've ever smelled. It's the sophisticated powder I wanted but didn't get from Teint de Neige. I hope it finds some more fans and sticks around for a long time.

Notes: orris, violet, rice powder, chocolate, ambrette, sandalwood, vetiver, and grey amber.

After sampling, this seems a woody floral to me. Soft, yet grounded. I'm a sucker for violet, and its presence is subtle but contributing to the grace of this fragrance. I've heard others remark they get a leather note. I can see why they would say that, but this is *not* a leather fragrance to my nose. This is such a soft fragrance that I'm wondering what the lasting power will be. But, would be willing to get a decant to find out.

Popular Fragrances