4.4

price range

Reviews

from

a year ago

Love, love, love these! I’ve purchased a slew of these in a variety of colors. Texture is a cross between a gloss and a cream lipstick. Minimal smell with color that lasts an hour or so. I’ve repeatedly purchased Camilla (nude pink), Bourbon Rose (rosy, golden pink with mild shimmer) and Amour ( light- medium fleshy pink). Great variety for skin tones ranging from porcelains to mahogany.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

Favorite high end lipstick. Have used Sari Rose and Geranium and loved both. First lipstick I've completely used up. Smooth, creamy, no taste or smell. When I'm feeling fancy, I use their lip gloss on top for more depth of color

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

EyesHazel

4 years ago

I had 'Damask' very nice purple. Very moisturising - glides on smoothly and good colour. Due to its moisturising nature it does not have fantastic staying power. Fairly obvious smell but I like it.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Other

4 years ago

I'm rating these as a 4 because they aren't "perfect" even though they are REALLY nice. It kind of pains me to rate them that way because I do love them but they were built up in my head over time to be so awesome and amazing and the truth is, there are formulas I like better than these in the sheer lipstick category - namely, Chanel RCS which feels lighter on the lips than these do. The closest thing i've tried to Lip Chics are Suqqus creamy glow moist lipsticks, they have this glossy consistency that goes onto your lips to make them look almost a little glazed. They aren't stick or gloopy at all however. They are really difficult to describe. The colour selection of these is to die for, and the application is sheer so you could pretty much get any colour and have it look good on you which is one of the things that I like most about Lip Chics. So what don't I like so much? I guess the fact that when you apply these they sort of drag on your lips a little if the formula is cold, the rouge coco shines just glide on but these aren't so much like that. By NO means are these bad lipsticks, in fact I will definitely buy more colours from the line and it's likely i may in the future change my rating because they are beautiful. Remember I'm still rating them as a 4. It's such an awkward thing to love a product but find it a little bit lacking - the packaging and colour range are fantastic, but they are £30 a piece which is very expensive. I certainly wish for more colours and wouldn't hesitate to buy them in the future, would I recommend them? Yes I would because my niggle is just MY niggle.

About reviewer (100 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

5 years ago

I already have and love Tea Rose, so I went and got another color. The MA suggested Wild Rose. It looks scary bright in the tube, and since I'm fair skinned I don't like anything too bright and overpowering; however, the MA promised me that it is sheer and goes on much more subtly than it looks in the tube. She was RIGHT! It's really a nice shade and gives my face a lift without being too bright. Now, you could really pile this stuff on to get more color, but I just apply one swipe on the lips and it gives a lovely wash of color. It is SUPER moisturizing and feels so comfortable. Nothing makes the lips feel as pampered as Lip Chic, and for being somewhat sheer, it is surprisingly long lasting, too. The price, as with all things Chantecaille, is high, but you are getting what you pay for. I actually will not buy anything for my lips except Chantecaille from here on out. Yes, it costs more, but I don't mind since it is worth it.

About reviewer (58 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Other

EyesBlue

2.0

6 years ago

After hearing wonderful reviews on Lip Chic's, I had to get a few. I don't live near a store that sells Chantecaille so I had to order online. I now kind of regret buying more than one. They are okay, nothing to rave about. Lip Chics are a hybrid of a balm and lipstick. They have a satin gloss finish which is very pretty. I also adore the pewter colored shiny packaging. However, that is where the love ends. Shades are very sheer on my pigmented lips. For the price, I wish they were more color payoff. Also, I don't particularly care for the texture of these. They feel oily on my lips. They are not sticky but they do have a slippery feel to them and I find they migrate outside the lips. I find that I reach for my Revlon Lip Butters more often than these. To compare, I find Revlon Lip Butter's to be better pigmented and they feel more like a balm. Price and Weight: $35.00 ~ 2g/0.07oz. Availability: Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Saks & Chantecaille.com

About reviewer (342 reviews)

Age

SkinVery Oily, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

6 years ago

I recently purchased a lip chic in persimmon. Persimmon is described as "a bold tomato red with a flattering burst of orange". The color is true to that description. It is a glossy matte shade that lasts for about 4.5 hours before fading. It does transfer somewhat easily, but in spite of that, it lasts quite a long time. When it does fade, it leaves my lips stained a lovely red that does not highlight flakes or dryness. Even though it is a matte shade, this lipstick is anything but drying. In fact, this is easily the most moisturizing lipstick that I own and the only lipstick that I have tried that does not require a layer of lip balm underneath in order to not dry my lips out.

About reviewer (65 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Curly, Medium

2.0

7 years ago

This was a very disappointing introduction into the world high end cosmetics. I purchased Dahlia, a pretty, bright berry. Very nice but not exactly unique. The texture is moisturizing, a little glossy, and very sheer. The lasting power leaves a lot to be desired. Twice I applied it while at home and set a timer without eating or drinking. Within an hour it wears down to a light stain and within an hour and a half it's disappeared without a trace. Very disappointed. Back it goes.

About reviewer (163 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

from

7 years ago

***UPDATED 8/31/13 (to add more shade descriptions-- I have all except Isis, Ceylon, Violetta, and Rose Delice)*** These are hands down my favorite lipstick formula. They're lightweight but have enough stickiness to last longer than most sheer lipsticks. Their clear gel base carries a good bit of pigment and allows your natural lip color to show show. The shade range is pretty good and there are no real issues with the packaging. I personally don't find them that expensive compared to other high end lipsticks. There's a faint vanilla scent and no real taste. I will continue to buy these and have already accumulated quite a few. Below are the shades I have and a quick description of them. I also uploaded pictures of these shades. I put an asterisk (*) next to the shades I reach for most. Amaryllis- bright strawberry red. Gorgeous for summer. Amour- muted warm light-medium pink. Very versatile and easy to wear. *Anais- medium warm pink brown with a hint of peach. Less pink than Sari Rose. *Bourbon Rose- medium rosy pink that leans a bit cool... A MLBB shade. Camelia- pale, neutral pink. Calla Lily- warm medium/dark brick red. Capucine- sheer orange that morphs into an orangey coral on my lips. *China Rose- a medium red that has a hint of coral. Dahlia- medium rosy pinkish red... has a slight berry undertone. Damask- deep purple-y berry. Daphne- pale peach. I usually hate pale shades but this is very wearable. Geranium- orangey peach with some golden shimmer. Heirloom- medium-deep berry red. More brown and lighter than Damask. Nocturne- bright pinky rose. *Sari Rose- medium neutral pink with a slight brown undertone. Sunrise- medium peachy coral. Darker than Geranium and pinker than Capucine. *Tea Rose- neutral rose. Less pink and less cool than Bourbon Rose. *Zinnia- medium coral pink. Bright yet wearable. I range from nc15-35 and have strong olive undertones.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairOther, Wavy, Medium

7 years ago

I tried on Amaryliss at Nords yesterday and loved it! It offers a great color and shine too. Fells great and hope will last for 6 hrs. This is my first Chante product and the color is awesome. Its a deep coral/orange which is a color I'd never worn before but the SA said it looks great with my brown eyes and light/med skin tone.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium