Paco Rabanne Black XS for Her

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Paco Rabanne Black XS for Her

4.4

Alcohol Denat, Fragrance (Parfum), Water (Aqua), Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Limonene, Alpha-isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Citric Acid, Citronellol, Farnesol

on 10/24/2016 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Paco Rabanne Black XS for Her is a perfect example of a gorgeously balanced fruity floral fragrance. Maybe it doesn't smell entirely 'unique', but it's definitely distinctive and got it's own character. This was everything I wanted Diesel Loverdose Red Kiss to be, but wasn't.
In the initial spray, Black XS for Her opens up with a dominant note tart, bright cranberries. The top notes is accompanied by ripe pink peppercorn and tamarind notes that quickly steps into the background and firstly reveals a slightly bitter cacao note. In the heart, the black rose adds a girlish freshness to the cacao, cutting the bitterness and turns it more bittersweet. Vanilla cream then starts to envelop the fragrance, giving it a more cuddly feel. Eventually, Black XS for Her settles into a warm, velvety base of cacao and vanillic musk on a amber and woody base with just a kiss of roses and cranberries.
Overall, this is my favourite fruity floral fragrance in my current collection. It ticks all the right boxes for me, and it never becomes too sweet or syrupy. It doesn't smell generic, which I really appreciate. I'm not a fan of the marketing around this and it deserves a better bottle but it was indicative of the time it was released, in 2007.

Sweet but at the same time quite earthy, this scent is quite rich. I find it overly sweet and sickening. Cocoa and patchouli are noticeable. I'd say its definitely a night time scent. Average lasting power.

on 4/1/2016 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I first smelled this on a colleague of mine and thought she was wearing something really expensive and exotic (meaning, hard to find at your local pharmacy). But no! My local pharmacy carries it and it`s a steal at $74.00 Canadian. Sillage is not great though, but at that price, I don`t mind re-spraying it several times a day. It goes on strong, but the dry down is quite lovely, all vanilla and roses (hellebore roses, so not your typical granny rose smell, yay).

on 6/28/2013 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this perfume really cheap on holiday in Gibraltar two years ago and it has lasted me a really long time! I knew I wanted this scent as I think the smell is divine and I couldn't wait to get abroad to get it cheap (literally half the price it is in Boots!!)

I wasn't disappointed either, lovely smell, sweet and girly! I do have a small issue with the bottle, I really dislike the gothic style rose thing going on, that's not me at all. I think it is meant to symbolise rebellion in a teenage girl (since it is quite a young scent) but I am neither in my teens anymore nor am I pretty rebellious. I'm a Cath Kidston floral girl. But anyway, the smell won me over and I was hooked! The scent isn't as strong as that of Angel (see my Angel review!) but it is a winner for me :D

I would definitely repurchase as I was so happy with it! It isn't cheap in Boots but it certainly isn't the most expensive one out there! :)

on 12/13/2012 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Tart, sweet and fun, but in no way immature.
Black XS wasnt marketed in Asia, so Im not even sure what made me decide to pick it up but Im glad I did.
Theres a mix of the new (fruit, cocoa, patchouli) with some old school elements that seldom crop up in fragrances targeted at the younger set (violet, pepper). The result is an interesting blend of fresh, spicy, powdery and sweet. Black XS is sensual but neither a girly-girl scent, nor a bad-girl one.
I always feel like I should put my hair up in a high ponytail and wear skin-tight jeans with stilettos when I smell this.
I wont say its ground-breaking or the most sophisticated thing in the world, but its a step up from the generic sugary scents, and I dont really associate it with any age group in particular. (I find it quite strange to label types of smells as young or old when these stereotypes dont translate across cultures at all. Wear it if you like it and just use a light hand when youre in company!)
Projection and and lasting power are both average compared to most of my other scents. Not a holy grail scent, but Ill keep it on hand as long as I can keep finding it at good prices!

Wow!!! what can I say, this was "love at first sniff"... I will repurchase over and over again, this is such a sexy fragrance.

on 6/2/2011 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

love this, it smells really yummy, i am quiet sensitive to smell and get headaches from parfumes, but this just is so subtle and sexy :))

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

This is such a cute, gothic/romantic, teenage fragrance. Its like listening to The Cure and drinking cherry coke spiked with vodka, lol! If I was in highschool, or a freshman, or sophomore in college it would be perfect. Even that whiny sour note it sometimes develops could be overlooked if you were a young girl. Stay away if you're over 25 though.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Black XS is the kind of perfume that I would never stop buying,it's close to becoming my signature scent.I am into sweet smelling scents,but this one is not all sweetness it's bold and kind of spicy sometimes the pink peppercorn note to me gives it a kick.Don't get me started on the bottle,a lovely dark sexy black pinkish bottle to channel your inner rockstar.Highly Recommended.

"Sweet, with an edge" is the best way I can describe Black XS. It's a little fruity, sorta floral, kinda spicy and earthy & dark all at the same time! This is a scent I go for when I want to release my inner rock chick! I mainly wear it at night, or on a cool day, because of the warmth of the base notes. It packs a punch, so don't go overboard with it! :)

Popular Fragrances