Paco Rabanne Black XS for Her

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Paco Rabanne Black XS for Her

3.5

Alcohol Denat, Fragrance (Parfum), Water (Aqua), Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Limonene, Alpha-isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Citric Acid, Citronellol, Farnesol

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is beautiful. I do love this one forever and it sits in my wardrobe next to my other darker, fragrances. It was love at second spray as the first one threw me a little off guard as I was expecting less personality from an inexpensive fragrance. It incredibly an sensual and confident scent that has power in its rich, unique darkness.

It is a beautiful scent which contains both deep and lighter notes which gives it a woody darkness with some touches of fruit tartness just to cut through the cocoa and vanilla sweetness. It dances between dark and light notes with layers of richness. This is what makes it edgy.

This may me intimidating for some women, so I would refer to it has a niche fragrance unlike the mass produced, overly sweet, overly-girly fragrances like Viktor's Flowerbomb.I believe for it to feel "right" a woman must in her 30's and not younger to fully pull it off (but it doesn't stop me!). It fits perfectly with a little black dress in winter and a pop of raspberry-red lips!

on 10/24/2016 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Paco Rabanne Black XS for Her is a perfect example of a gorgeously balanced fruity floral fragrance. Maybe it doesn't smell entirely 'unique', but it's definitely distinctive and got it's own character. This was everything I wanted Diesel Loverdose Red Kiss to be, but wasn't.
In the initial spray, Black XS for Her opens up with a dominant note tart, bright cranberries. The top notes is accompanied by ripe pink peppercorn and tamarind notes that quickly steps into the background and firstly reveals a slightly bitter cacao note. In the heart, the black rose adds a girlish freshness to the cacao, cutting the bitterness and turns it more bittersweet. Vanilla cream then starts to envelop the fragrance, giving it a more cuddly feel. Eventually, Black XS for Her settles into a warm, velvety base of cacao and vanillic musk on a amber and woody base with just a kiss of roses and cranberries.
Overall, this is my favourite fruity floral fragrance in my current collection. It ticks all the right boxes for me, and it never becomes too sweet or syrupy. It doesn't smell generic, which I really appreciate. I'm not a fan of the marketing around this and it deserves a better bottle but it was indicative of the time it was released, in 2007.

Sweet but at the same time quite earthy, this scent is quite rich. I find it overly sweet and sickening. Cocoa and patchouli are noticeable. I'd say its definitely a night time scent. Average lasting power.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Very nice perfume! I originally didn't like it and thought it was too masculine, but it's funny how perception can change sometimes. I still think it's a bit masculine at first, but it dries down to a warm and sweet raspberry skin scent. I can definitely smell the chocolate notes too, and it's really delicious. I will so buy another bottle of this one!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

So i bought this a while ago on a whim. It was cheap, and something in it appealed to me. Liked it for a few days and then got sick of it. Maybe I would have liked it more in a different season.

On my skin this didn't really do anything. It stayed the same from when I sprayed it on until it had completely worn off. I like scents that develop, following me through the day. This was a bit too static for me. Gave it to a friend, and it behaved much the same on her. Neither of us will repurchase.

This scent means nothing to me, it is just another perfume. Blah.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This was what I considered to be "my" fragrance and signature smell. On my skin it would explode into a spicy yet warm sweet scent that lasted hours. I loved it for the entire year the bottle lasted. Now however it is 99% unbearable for me to go near :( It gives me a headache until it settles down fully and becomes a subtle swish of sugar and spice.
I will not repurchase as it is very expensive in NZ and I'll never get through my current full bottle unless my "taste" for it returns.

on 4/12/2011 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The first time I got a whiff of this in the bottle, I absolutely loved it. I was sure I wanted it. It seemed to have everything I was looking for... a dark and romantic rosey floral, a little sweetness, with a bit of a unique kick. The bottle is also very pretty. However, I decided to go back and try it on and walk around the mall for a while, just to be sure... and my opinion quickly changed. Immediately upon application of just one small squirt, it took on a very harsh, acidic rose scent. I normally like rose and bolder fragrances, but this was far too harsh for me. It literally clung to the inside of my lungs, aggravating my asthma. I tried it again a couple months later on a fragrance card (desperate to make it work for me, remembering how I fell in love with it the first time I smelled it in the bottle), just lightly misting the spray and waving the card through it so that it just picked up a bit of the fragrance. I let it settle and gave it a whiff, but it wasn't much better. I let my boyfriend smell it later and he didn't care for it either. This scent is just too harsh for me. I told the SA at the fragrance counter of my love/hate experience with it, and she said she felt the same way (loved it in the bottle, but found it to be much too harsh once sprayed). Unfortunate, because I really thought this was going to be the perfect fragrance for me.

"Sweet, with an edge" is the best way I can describe Black XS. It's a little fruity, sorta floral, kinda spicy and earthy & dark all at the same time! This is a scent I go for when I want to release my inner rock chick! I mainly wear it at night, or on a cool day, because of the warmth of the base notes. It packs a punch, so don't go overboard with it! :)

on 5/18/2010 2:47:00 PM

The first time I tried this, I sprayed it on a card and thought it was really fun and sexy. I went back another day and tried it on myself. The opening is delicious, a nicely balanced floral gourmand. However, after it fades away, the fragrance becomes a fairly pedestrian floral-vanilla that, while it smells nice enough, doesn't encourage me to buy a bottle. Black XS lasted very well on me, at least 5-6 hours, but it's basically that plain floral-vanilla for most of the time.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

~ I got a mini sample of this from my favorite SA from Shoppers today :) this smells absolutely heavenly! it seems to have a hint of pineapple. When its first applied the smell is quite strong- but not in a bad way, after a few minutes it settles into a light sweet scent that is a little musky. Its an extremely sexy scent, the kind that people would stop and ask you what kind of perfume your wearing. This is a gorgeous perfume and I plan to purchase it soon , also a little goes a long way- so paying a high price is worth it! =) ~

Popular Fragrances