Paco Rabanne Black XS for Her

Filtered by age: 30-35
Paco Rabanne Black XS for Her

3.8

Alcohol Denat, Fragrance (Parfum), Water (Aqua), Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Limonene, Alpha-isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Citric Acid, Citronellol, Farnesol

Sweet but at the same time quite earthy, this scent is quite rich. I find it overly sweet and sickening. Cocoa and patchouli are noticeable. I'd say its definitely a night time scent. Average lasting power.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got this one on a whim a few years back (2012 when it was brand new). I have since not bothered with any other scent, it's become MY scent!

The one i'm using is the Black XS L'exces which is a more concentrated scent of the original.

so breaking it down :-

The Bottle

Dark and gothic bottle with a black/purple hue that gets more ombre and transparent towards the bottom.
a silver skull and rose trinket on the the neck of the bottle to complete the gothic look

The Scent

you'd expect something more musky and masculine because of the bottle design and I'll be honest, every single time I re-purchase this and they make me smell it I expect to be hit by a strong musky smell.

but no! unlike the original this one is actually MORE feminine with alot of floural notes, the most prominent to me are Jasmine, cashmere wood and a little vanilla, sometimes I smell a little pepper in there too but oddly enough this is something I catch more earlier in the day but not when I wear it closer to an event in the evening. guess my nose just doesn't like strong spices that early in the day.

there was one floural scent I could not identify but loved the most, according to the website that seems to be night blooming cereus.

Effect

On me it lasts a good 4 hours before the scent starts to disappears so not bad. wish it lasted a bit longer but I noticed most perfumes don't on me anyway.

It starts off strong so people around you will notice it however once it starts cooling down it becomes more subtle and mostly only those standing close to you will smell it.

Love / Hate?

This is something you either love or hate, no middle ground. most people I come across that smell it think it and I'm quoting here "gives me a sexy smell"
My advice is to try it on your skin (not in a bottle or paper) before you buy. It's either made for you or it over-whelms you.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Very nice perfume! I originally didn't like it and thought it was too masculine, but it's funny how perception can change sometimes. I still think it's a bit masculine at first, but it dries down to a warm and sweet raspberry skin scent. I can definitely smell the chocolate notes too, and it's really delicious. I will so buy another bottle of this one!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

So i bought this a while ago on a whim. It was cheap, and something in it appealed to me. Liked it for a few days and then got sick of it. Maybe I would have liked it more in a different season.

On my skin this didn't really do anything. It stayed the same from when I sprayed it on until it had completely worn off. I like scents that develop, following me through the day. This was a bit too static for me. Gave it to a friend, and it behaved much the same on her. Neither of us will repurchase.

This scent means nothing to me, it is just another perfume. Blah.

on 12/13/2012 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Tart, sweet and fun, but in no way immature.
Black XS wasnt marketed in Asia, so Im not even sure what made me decide to pick it up but Im glad I did.
Theres a mix of the new (fruit, cocoa, patchouli) with some old school elements that seldom crop up in fragrances targeted at the younger set (violet, pepper). The result is an interesting blend of fresh, spicy, powdery and sweet. Black XS is sensual but neither a girly-girl scent, nor a bad-girl one.
I always feel like I should put my hair up in a high ponytail and wear skin-tight jeans with stilettos when I smell this.
I wont say its ground-breaking or the most sophisticated thing in the world, but its a step up from the generic sugary scents, and I dont really associate it with any age group in particular. (I find it quite strange to label types of smells as young or old when these stereotypes dont translate across cultures at all. Wear it if you like it and just use a light hand when youre in company!)
Projection and and lasting power are both average compared to most of my other scents. Not a holy grail scent, but Ill keep it on hand as long as I can keep finding it at good prices!

on 5/11/2012 2:27:00 PM

the best way I could describe this scent is a man's perfume with a touch of femininity in the undertone.

I suppose this is a horrible way to describe a scent I love but it is what it is , the scent is strong and very fierce in the beginning however in time it the smell doesn't even soften but rather takes on a sweet almost acidic tone. unlike my previous perfume this one doesn't break down easily, you can splash some one and know for sure it'll be there hours later :)

I love this perfume, I really do and it seems to grab the attention of most of my co-workers (the female ones sadly, men can't tell something is different about you unless you suddenly walk in with your hair on fire!!!!).

however it is more of an evening scent, way too strong for me in the morning. I would advise you to try it on before purchasing, it's not for the timid!!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Yet another scent purchased for me by my husband. It is his favorite, next to Pivoine and White Shoulders. Black XS is definately sexy, she does stand out. She is sweet but does not give off the eau-de-celebriscent aura. She is spicy, hot, a firecracker. Definately a night on the town fragrance with a sexy LBD and stillettos, a definate invite to an indie/rock/country concert paired with a hot top, skinny jeans and a great pair of boots. A must-have when you feel like strutting your stuff in jeans, tank top and a well fitting leather jacket. Black XS according to Fragrantica: " This modern floral-fruity composition starts sharp and spicy with cranberry, pink peppercorn and tamarind notes around the heart of hellebore noir rose, black violet and cocoa blossom. The base notes are patchouli, Massoia wood and vanilla." When I wear this jewel, my nose detects the cranberry, pink pepper, rose and vanilla. She is my go to when I want more of a vampy vibe, a not so subtle statement of my "inner rebel". And she never lets me down. xoxo

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

This is such a cute, gothic/romantic, teenage fragrance. Its like listening to The Cure and drinking cherry coke spiked with vodka, lol! If I was in highschool, or a freshman, or sophomore in college it would be perfect. Even that whiny sour note it sometimes develops could be overlooked if you were a young girl. Stay away if you're over 25 though.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

well, it's almost your average fruity floral, with the so in-fashion woody notes in the drydown.
A berry start, sweet and perhaps cloying but the violet, the deep rose and a touch of cocoa make it more interesting and deep than your average fruity floral.
it has a kinda sexy note due to the loads of patchouli & vanilla in the dry down.
interesting, fares much more better than the more recent Lady Million stuff, however will not be the change in the history of perfumery....
____________________
Notes as per Osmoz:
top note Pink Peppercorn, Tamarind, Cranberry
middle note Hellebore Rose, Black Violet, Cocoa Blossom
base note Massoia wood, Patchouli, Black Vanilla

on 2/16/2011 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is by far the strongest scent I wear, yet it's so incredibly gorgeous and sensual that 'strong' doesn't mean overpowering or offensive. I find I put it on in the morning, and maybe a spritz if I go out at night. It's a quality fragrance, lovely bottle. It's sweet, velvety and warm without being like a bad sweet. Bad sweet being those sickly artificial vanilla/candy smelling sprays for the younger set. I think this scent could be worn by any age. Usually the notes I go for are vanillas, ambers, sandalwoods, musks...sweet, warm, floral spicy scents. This is just yummy. I had to special order as Shopper's was sold out for two months!

I'd recommend testing this, and if you still want to make out with yourself at the end of the day, buy it!

Popular Fragrances