Paco Rabanne Black XS for Her

Filtered by age: 19-24
Paco Rabanne Black XS for Her

4.2

Alcohol Denat, Fragrance (Parfum), Water (Aqua), Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Limonene, Alpha-isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Citric Acid, Citronellol, Farnesol

on 10/24/2016 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Paco Rabanne Black XS for Her is a perfect example of a gorgeously balanced fruity floral fragrance. Maybe it doesn't smell entirely 'unique', but it's definitely distinctive and got it's own character. This was everything I wanted Diesel Loverdose Red Kiss to be, but wasn't.
In the initial spray, Black XS for Her opens up with a dominant note tart, bright cranberries. The top notes is accompanied by ripe pink peppercorn and tamarind notes that quickly steps into the background and firstly reveals a slightly bitter cacao note. In the heart, the black rose adds a girlish freshness to the cacao, cutting the bitterness and turns it more bittersweet. Vanilla cream then starts to envelop the fragrance, giving it a more cuddly feel. Eventually, Black XS for Her settles into a warm, velvety base of cacao and vanillic musk on a amber and woody base with just a kiss of roses and cranberries.
Overall, this is my favourite fruity floral fragrance in my current collection. It ticks all the right boxes for me, and it never becomes too sweet or syrupy. It doesn't smell generic, which I really appreciate. I'm not a fan of the marketing around this and it deserves a better bottle but it was indicative of the time it was released, in 2007.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I find this way too rich. Sweet but not in a fruity or musky way, it's quite an aging scent and is just way too much. The bottle is pretty, but I won't be repurchasing.

That said, my male flatmate loves it. He's been wearing it instead of me. So, who knows...

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

love this perfume first got it for christmas in 2007 when i was like 16 cus id wanted it for aaaaaaaages and it was at a time when i was first really getting into perfumes and the only perfumes i had were britney's fantasy and christina's first one and 2 years before in 2005 my brother bought me my first grown up perfume Gucci 2 but that had all run out so i was soooo excited when i got this! i wore it 24/7 and drenched myself in it but ran out around a year after and then re-bought a 50ml bottle which is nearly all gone then didn't buy another one in ages until last friday (a week ago today) i was coming back to england from ireland on the ferry and saw this and obvs HAD to buy! and i still love it, its very fruity but its for all seasons really you could wear this in winter too. Its a sophisticated fruity not a sickly fake friuty i would defo reccomment i loved it at 16 and now at 22 i still love it <3

on 6/28/2013 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this perfume really cheap on holiday in Gibraltar two years ago and it has lasted me a really long time! I knew I wanted this scent as I think the smell is divine and I couldn't wait to get abroad to get it cheap (literally half the price it is in Boots!!)

I wasn't disappointed either, lovely smell, sweet and girly! I do have a small issue with the bottle, I really dislike the gothic style rose thing going on, that's not me at all. I think it is meant to symbolise rebellion in a teenage girl (since it is quite a young scent) but I am neither in my teens anymore nor am I pretty rebellious. I'm a Cath Kidston floral girl. But anyway, the smell won me over and I was hooked! The scent isn't as strong as that of Angel (see my Angel review!) but it is a winner for me :D

I would definitely repurchase as I was so happy with it! It isn't cheap in Boots but it certainly isn't the most expensive one out there! :)

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I consider this my night time perfume, its a statement smell with a lulling sweetness to it that works beautifully. I loved it from the first time i smelt it and will continue to do so.

The bottle is so beautiful too, such a great perfume.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This was what I considered to be "my" fragrance and signature smell. On my skin it would explode into a spicy yet warm sweet scent that lasted hours. I loved it for the entire year the bottle lasted. Now however it is 99% unbearable for me to go near :( It gives me a headache until it settles down fully and becomes a subtle swish of sugar and spice.
I will not repurchase as it is very expensive in NZ and I'll never get through my current full bottle unless my "taste" for it returns.

I was pleasantly surprised when I smelt this product for the first time. I wanted to check it out because I had smelled "Million" for him on one of my male friends and loved it. At that time "Million" for her had not yet come out.. however, even if it had, I don't think I would have picked it over Black XS, although it is quite nice as well.. ironically, Million smells a bit cheaper lol. This smell is very warm and romantic and is perfect for every day wear.

on 8/22/2011 11:47:00 PM

I love this perfume.. I had never ever been a perfume wearer til I smelled this in the shop and really liked it. It was my first perfume and apart from Flower Bomb by Viktor and Rolf, it is the only perfume I wear. It smells great on my skin and suits my character. I have never liked floral, girly, or musky scents and although this could be described as floral by some it's certainly not flowery on me! As not many people wear it in NZ I love the fact that it's pretty unique to me and the scent won't be confused with anything else. I would highly recommend this to someone between 19-24 who is looking for something different yet feminine.

on 6/2/2011 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

love this, it smells really yummy, i am quiet sensitive to smell and get headaches from parfumes, but this just is so subtle and sexy :))

on 4/12/2011 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The first time I got a whiff of this in the bottle, I absolutely loved it. I was sure I wanted it. It seemed to have everything I was looking for... a dark and romantic rosey floral, a little sweetness, with a bit of a unique kick. The bottle is also very pretty. However, I decided to go back and try it on and walk around the mall for a while, just to be sure... and my opinion quickly changed. Immediately upon application of just one small squirt, it took on a very harsh, acidic rose scent. I normally like rose and bolder fragrances, but this was far too harsh for me. It literally clung to the inside of my lungs, aggravating my asthma. I tried it again a couple months later on a fragrance card (desperate to make it work for me, remembering how I fell in love with it the first time I smelled it in the bottle), just lightly misting the spray and waving the card through it so that it just picked up a bit of the fragrance. I let it settle and gave it a whiff, but it wasn't much better. I let my boyfriend smell it later and he didn't care for it either. This scent is just too harsh for me. I told the SA at the fragrance counter of my love/hate experience with it, and she said she felt the same way (loved it in the bottle, but found it to be much too harsh once sprayed). Unfortunate, because I really thought this was going to be the perfect fragrance for me.

Popular Fragrances