CVS Whitening Dissolving Strips

No Image

1.0

1 review

on 11/29/2007 8:20:00 AM

I have to admit that this was my first experience with dissolving strips, so this review may be biased. I normally use Walgreens Whitening Strips which are the non-dissolving type, but I wanted to try something different. I was impressed by the number of strips in this package, there were 56 strips for $19.99 which beats the price of the Walgreen's strips. I had some trouble with the application of the dissolving strips, they slid around on my teeth making it very difficult to keep them in place to whiten evenly. Eventually I learnt that if I dried my teeth (prior to application of the strips) by stuffing a paper napkin between my lip and teeth that the strip would stick a lot better. These strips dissolve in 5-7 minutes but don't dissolve completely, which defeats the object of a dissolving strip. I still have to rinse my mouth out afterwards and remove any sticky lumps of strip still in my mouth. I just don't feel comfortable swallowing it! The previous strips I tried were left on for 30 minutes, and the results were great. The results with these weren't so good, and I had to reapply strips over and over to see any effect. The packaging says that you can apply up to four strips per day to get the desired effect. Also these dry out my lips, and whiten unevenly. I will continue to use these up, but I will go back to my Walgreens strips and won't repurchase.

Popular Other Products