Everyday Minerals Large Mixing Jar [DISCONTINUED]

Price: $

Not tested on animals

on 12/30/2009 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is really useful for storing and mixing mmu samples. I had 3 or 4 of the same shade of EDM foundation, and I dumped them all into this and used the lid to swirl in. Reduces the number of 5g jars I have cluttering up the place, and great for travelling. The price was very reasonable too, but let's be honest, we are paying for an empty jar, it had better be cheap!

My one major gripe with this, and it is SO annoying, is that the swivel tray inside gets stuck on a notch when turned all the way around. It means I can't easily open and close the tray, and so I leave it almost closed instead of fully closed, which can lead to spilling. I don't know if every jar does this or just mine, but I'm worried I'm going to snap the tray one day trying to force it to open or close. Grrrr. However, I would repurchase because it's really a very handy item to have.

on 6/19/2009 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I agree with all the previous reviewers, this jar is AMAZING. It is twice as big as the "large" containers you get when you buy the full-size foundation, and it's made of a really durable and high-quality plastic. The close-able sifter is the most awesome part of it, and I love using this container for creating a "customized" foundation using the closest base color and the samples you can order. I also bought one to mix my perfect shade of blush. Thanks EDM for such a wonderful and practical product!

on 6/18/2009 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this jar, too! I have two of them - one to mix my foundation and another to transfer a finishing veil from another company. I was hesitant to get this jar because I have a 30g jar from tkbtrading for less than a dollar. This jar is way better because the sifter is closeable and it is a 50g jar! A definite buy!

I love this jar! I use it for mixing Medium Tan with Medium Beige Summer and Sandy Medium for my perfect color match. I love that it has less holes in it than the tiny pots and so turning it over once and sliding my foundation over the holes drops the perfect amount for me to use in the morning on to the lid. I wish wish wish that EDM would bring it back! I bought two originally, but gave one to a friend, and now I want two more for bronzer and finishing powder!

on 1/27/2009 11:46:00 AM

Love this jar for combining my HG EM foundations (beige fairly lite + buff linen) for that perfect color. My only gripe = don't see it on EM website anymore. If they are substituting the jar w/ the closable sifter, than they should have kept the large jars available until they made more than just a preview lot (#450) of the new jars (which are STILL sold out).

on 12/22/2008 2:06:00 PM

This jar is superb, but no longer available on the EM site.
I have one up for swaps - not scratched or damaged in anyway...as new.
Only reason I don't use it is that I no longer use mineral make-up, but if I did...this is ideal for making custom mixes.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have now purchased 3 of these, and would happily buy again, should the need arise to mix more foundations, powders, blushes or whatnot. I agree with other previous reviewers, that these jars are *way* better than the large size foundation jars that they currently use at EM. These jars give the foundation more room to shift around and aerate. The lid/seal is nice and tight so your foundation won't escape out of the sides, and the sifter holes are small and concentrated in the middle of the sealing lid, so it works great for use once you get your perfect shade mixed. Also, the outer/brown lids are deeper, and give you more room to swirl and tap your brush into. I wish they came with attachable labels that you could mark your mix with, but I have a labeler already, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much. I put my perfect mix of Alima Satin Matte foundations from a "whole lotta sample colors" in one; in the other two, I have my HG mix of 1:1 EM Olive Medium and Buff-Beige Neutral, one in the O-Glo formula and one in the Semi-Matte formula. Love these. So nice, neat and clean, and they really aerate and mix your foundations well. I think if the large size EM foundations were converted to this packaging, the foundation would withstand a smaller particle size, aerate better and thus, not get patchy or cakey in some areas, as some of the higher coverage formulas (Intensive, I'm talking about you!) can do. Also, it keeps the product mixed well and easy flowing. I love them.

on 8/23/2008 12:59:00 AM

Big, practical, and tight lid--all you need for a good sifting jar. It's twice as big as the "large/full" size products sold by Everyday Minerals, but is incredibly useful for mixing. I know I will definitely need this for my EDM foundations once the winter hits and I start to lose my tan.

on 8/11/2008 6:36:00 AM

I have to agree with all the previous reviews. This jar is extremely practical for all those of us who like to mix their minerals. It's really big, bigger than their other jars and the lid is very "roomy", very nice for swirling your brush in it. The price is right (EM should be praised for not ripping us off) and I'm definetely repurchasing, especially since I found out they are releasing a new version with resealable sifters.

on 7/16/2008 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This thing is HUGE compared to other EDM containers. Once I get my perfect mixture together, I'll up it in the jar but for now, the lid is perfect to apply my foundation.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools