Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque

Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque

3.4

Water (Aqua), Kaolin Bentonite, Aloe Barbedensis Leaf Juice, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin, Lavendula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil. Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Ormenis Multicaulis Oil, d-Limonene, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Seed Oil, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 7/5/2016 9:40:00 PM

Again! What does it do? Nothing!! Smells good tho

Pretty average product. Quite dissapointing. Bought this mask because of the recommendation from beauty bloggers viviannadoesmakeup and Lily Pebbles. I have better luck with cheaper masks. Freeman avocado and oatmeal does better job than this. Also the montagne jeunesse dead sea mud mask is a better option for me.

on 4/30/2015 4:02:00 PM

i prefer this packaging to the other two jars, but i guess this one is a much thinner consistency so it can come in a tube. anyway, i love the primrose one and its my holy grail but this one i use between the primrose one for like a "mini clean". all the aesop masks seem to do a pretty good job at sucking the dirt and oil out of pores.

on 4/10/2015 2:11:00 AM

This is a nice, generic, refreshing clay mask that can be left on short or long. if long, you can see the oil it draws out and is effective at doing so without excessive dryness. Its not as effective as a sulfur based mask for blemishes but is nice in texture, very fine red clay. You need only a small amount and the metal tube dispensing system is much better than the jars their other masks come in. This is a basic high quality clay mask, its not cheap though. Its not a must have but if you want a good clay mask, this is it. For acne/blemishes, you are better off looking for one with active ingredients to treat such, to date I have not found anything better than the Peter Thomas Roth Cooling Sulfur mask (10% sulfur) which does absolutely everything. I also prefer Aesops primrose mask over this since its I feel it leaves my skin smoother but i don't recommend if you don't have combo/oily skins. If you have room in your rotation then give this a go but if like me you only want max 2 clay masks, you can get more bang for your buck for something that is tailored to your skin type.

on 3/19/2015 1:25:00 AM

I have been using this mask for the last year and I love it, It has really worked wonders on my skin. I usually put it on at night and leave it on atleast 30 minutes. It is a gentle-thorough DEEP cleansing treatment but It doesn't break me out or cause any discomfort.

The scent can be off putting to some, I don't really know how to explain it. It doesn't smell herbally at all to me though. I really enjoy the smell because it makes me feel clean and refreshed. I usually use this mask 1-2 times a week depending on how my face is looking. I also read a tip that it helps with breakouts/blemishes and It really does! if I have a blemish I put a bit of this before bed and when I wake up the redness is gone and the pimple shrinks. It's overall a great product I just wish it wasn't this expensive, I will say that a little goes a long way and you don't need to make the mask opaque for it to work well.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

When it comes to masks I am a floozy and love to shop around and "cheat" on my masks with other ones. But I have never cheated on my Aesop Parsley Seed Mask. It is so refreshing and cleans the skin without drying it out. In terms of clay masks, this is my one and only love. The smell is earthy and aromatique: typical Aesop smell which I love. I have small blackheads that don't seem to budge, but if I concentrate this in my "blackheady" areas then I really notice an improvement. It draws out imperfections, but the winning aspect is that it is not drying. I suffer with chronic dry skin and until this mask I avoided all clay based masks as I was worried they would cause the moisture out of my skin whilst they banished the grime. The Parsely Seed mask retains the moisture while cleaning impurities out. Repurchased twice and will keep buying :)

I absolutely adore this mask! It does such a good job of deep cleaning and pulling all the gunk out of your face but does so in a comparably gentler manner than other purifying masks. It is now my HG mask for deep cleaning my skin. It has now replaced my previous HG which was the Natio Green Clay Face mask...which I believe has been discontinued anyway.
It's a clay based mask with quite a lot of oils in it and from what I can see it doesn't contain a heap of chemicals. The consistency is rather thin compared to other clay masks and you only need a thin layer. It goes on a pale creamy brown and dries white with areas that have drawn out more oil going transparent.

Pros:
- Deep cleanses very well. You can see the areas where the oil has been drawn out of your face.
- Draws blackheads to the surface. I have pretty stubborn blackheads and this does a good job of prepping my blackheads to be pulled out by pore strips. I've also noticed that when I use this my blackheads are fewer and not as large as usual.
- Gentle on the skin. Unlike other purifying masks I can use this often without it stripping my skin too much. I have used it every second day when my skin has been playing up.
- Makes your skin feel really soft. I find that other purifying masks makes my skin feel really dry and tight but this does not do that at all. My skin looks great, feels smooth and soft after use.
- Packaging: I rather like that the mask is in a metal tube because it means you can squeeze every last bit out...unlike some of those really stiff plastic tubes.

Cons:
- The smell. It's a very strong pungent smell that takes some getting used to. Since it's such a good mask I'm willing to overlook it and it doesn't linger after you wash it off.
- Price: it is quite expensive for the amount of product you get but you only need to spread a thin layer each time.

I highly recommend this for people with oily/acne prone skin. I think because it's relatively gentler than other purifying masks it would be okay for those with dryer skin types too.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

As a mask, this product doesn't shine. After 10 15 minutes, my skin will not have changed, and my blackheads are certainly still there. As a spot treatment, however, I actually love this product!

Whenever a spot is flaring up, I pat on just a thin layer, and leave it over night, maybe over the next night as well. Dried out and cleared from active bacteria, the spot will have calmed down noticeably and the swelling will have gone back. From here on out, the spot will disappear fairly quickly, definitely faster than on its own. Compared to other spot treatments that I've tried before, I find this mask to be the most effective, although it's not technically a spot treatment. Still, if you've ended up with this mask and find it disappointing, try to use it this way. I actually reach for it quite often and it never lets me down!

on 9/2/2014 2:15:00 PM

I have oily, acne prone skin with a lot of blackheads on my nose and cheeks. This mask didn't do absoutely anything for my skin and with that price tag I expected at least nice application.... total waste of money...

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Aesop is one of the most coveted brands now - every blogger, every Instagrammer with a huge following has this product somewhere in their feed and we all get enthusiastic for the brand. I fell for it as well, luckily I have managed to obtain several samples of this product otherwise I would have been jolly disappointed.

It contains alcohol denat. so you are smearing our faces in alcohol people. I did not notice any cleansing effect, no clearing of my pores. Nothing. Nada. Just a strong smell of lavender.

I am sticking with my Origins Clear Improvement active charcoal mask for another tube. This one does not cut it at all.