Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil

Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance (Parfum)

on 4/8/2016 1:41:00 AM

Love this for face, hands, body great for cuticles and face and legs after shaving and just a great moisturiser

I've recently started using the fragrance free, sensitive skin baby oil and it is the best thing I've ever done for my skin!

I've recently been trying to cut down on chemicals I use on my skin and now I use solely hot water on a cloth and steam my face for a little, then I rub this sensitive baby oil on the cloth and exfoliate my face. I use nothing else and I never get spots anymore(I didn't get them much before). The formula is definitely different from the parfum original one, its less oily and more buttery, but it makes my skin super hydrated and glowing.

Can't recommend enough.

To Read all 368 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/2/2016 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I use Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil just for an occasional massage oil since it's inexpensive and widely available but as far as regular body care and make up removal is concerned I don't find this level of greasiness pleasant. That said I don't use it at all after discovering coconut oil and won't repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought the drugstore knock off version of Johnson and Johnson baby oil (same ingredients people). Since I have been using the Aveeno Baby Daily Moisturizer as an under eye moisturizer for night time and it has worked WONDERS for me, I've been using baby products as part of my beauty routine (baby wipes are multi purpose and Desitin is amazing for mosquito bites).
Since my beloved Ponds Cold Cream and basically every makeup remover I've ever used has mineral oil as their prime ingredient it came to my mind that baby oil is just the perfect inexpensive makeup remover for me, because it's just that, mineral oil.
And it is!!! I applied a little in the palm of my hands, worked it all over my face and eye area, and my makeup melted off completely (even waterproof mascara). I removed it with a wipe and then washed my face with Origins facial soap.
This is the perfect makeup remover. I even got the baby oil in my eyes by mistake and it didn't irritate them at all, surprisingly.
All in all, this is just perfection. Stop wasting money on makeup removing pads, creams, micellar waters and get the real thing for $4.

on 8/27/2015 8:50:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

In an attempt to save money on expensive eye makeup remover, I did some research and discovered that many people use this as an affordable and effective makeup remover. Unfortunately, this did not work for me. Firstly, it is extremely greasy; not oily, but GREASY. It made an absolute mess and was very unpleasant to work with in terms of removing mascara from my eye area. While it did remove the mascara with some effort, I found this a lot less effective than the gel-based eye makeup removers I typically use. I really had to work this in to get the mascara to come off and I don't even wear waterproof mascara! The smell was also a bit overwhelming as it is highly fragranced with some unidentified baby type scent. Lastly, on top of this being extremely gross in texture, it made me eyes very irritated and slightly swollen for the remainder of the evening before I went to bed.

I was really hoping to save some money using this product, but I think it's awful as a makeup remover and would not recommend it for that purpose.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

This is the only thing I will use to remove makeup. I find that most actual makeup removers are harsh, drying and hurt my eyes but not baby oil. Super easy to use and it doesn't break me out. I buy a big container for very cheap and it lasts for ages. HG product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this oil after shaving my legs. It keeps them moisturized due to the water proof feature oil has. Also prevents my leg skin from scaling off and makes them shine beautifully. I use the bedtime oil - cute and calming scent as well!

on 7/24/2015 9:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I was using this on my face for oil cleansing method and then double cleansing with Cerave foaming cleanser. Baby oil is very effective at removing makeup (including waterproof mascara); however, it caused me to break out.

The Skincare Addiction subreddit recommended using Snow River mineral oil from Bed Bath and Beyond as an alternative, because it's pure mineral oil. (It costed $5.99 and is next to the cutting boards.) I am still using it to shave and hydrate my legs afterwards, so it's not a total loss. The packaging is really great and controls how much product is dispensed.

I use this to remove my eye makeup. It's super gentle on my eyes. Although getting a lot of oil directly on contacts is a bad idea. I ruined a few pairs by doing this. It removes waterproof mascara very well. Which is a difficult task removing. I love the one with vitamin E in it, I think it has improved my lashes, and helped grow them back after I lost a lot of them from a certain mascara. Of course it's greasy, but not that much if you use a little on the skin. But I'd recommend washing your face after using it around the eyes. Which even after washing my face, my lashes are still super soft from it. It works just as well as a makeup remover. Not sure if it works better than a makeup remover. But I'd rather pay the low price of a giant bottle of this product than double the price for a tiny 1-2 ounch bottle of over priced makeup remover.

on 6/28/2015 11:15:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is definitely HG product for me, my mum told me a long time ago, to remove waterproof mascara using this, after that I've never looked back. It removes everything from foundation, brow, even long lasting lipstick! It's also really cheap, I will run to buy this if I run out Johnson's Baby Oil.

I've never got acne using this, a long time ago I put this a lot as moisturiser in my face, when I woke up I didn't saw any acne, it worked well even though I have normal rather oily skin and I live in hot country. I freaked out because all mineral oil story in internet (even I get positive result) and didn't used it again as moisturiser. But recently, out of nowhere, my skin was really dry and flaky, I really surprised because I rarely have dry cheeks, because of emergency I use baby oil to moisturised my dry cheeks and slowly in three days, my dry cheeks and redness disappeared, there's still a little bit dryness that will completely vanished.

I checked beautypedia and it turned out okay to use baby oil in your skin unless you have allergy.

I will continue to use this, it's the most effective and cheapest makeup remover out there. I try baby lotion because of some review in MUA, but I don't feel really clean unless I use this baby oil.

Popular Body Skincare Products