Del Sol-Color Changing Nail Polish

4.1

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have Ruby Slipper that changes from silver glitter to bright red glitter in the sun. I bought in Hawaii and use it a lot. I love the drastic change, even the glitter changes color!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I own Reckless (frosty neutral white that changes to a warm light pink in the sun), Boy Magnet (pearly light greenish ice blue with cool golden rose shimmer to cool rose with cool greenish gold shimmer) and Sassy (pearly pale icy pink with pale golden shimmer to warmer classic pink with pale golden shimmer). Reckless is almost unwearably frosty, and they're all really sheer (3 coat minimum for an even finish, even over white), but, by g*d, I love them because they change color in the sun. Boy Magnet and Sassy are really beautiful colors - Boy Magnet is far too cool for my warm coloring and looks a little weird on me, but the gold shimmer in Sassy warms up the icy pink just enough to make it work (practically HG). My grandmother has been buying them for me on her Caribbean cruises, but I would buy them for myself. That being said, US$10 is waaaaaaaaaay too much for the quality you get. I saw some at Shoppers for C$18, and I definitely wouldn't pay that much.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I received this recently in Foxy (hot pink that changes to purple) as a gift and tried it out today. Tbh I don't quite like the finish, it's not glittery/shimmery in the same way as other polishes and yet it's not pastel. Also, my skin is too dark for this shade but it looks good when it changes to purple. This color looks pretty good as a base color for nail art though. The idea of this is pretty interesting, would like to try some other colors from this line.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

LOVE these!

I bought Peek-a-Boo for myself, and Pretty in Pink for my mom when we were on a cruise. Peek-a-Boo is a creamy nude colour in the bottle, but it goes onto the nails completely clear. No colour at all. It changes VERY drastically in the sun to a deep red/magenta. Really bright and pretty. The problem is that it didn't stay on long at all. The day after I applied it, it was chipped and awful...Being clear polish inside, that didn't matter much, but because it's so bright in the sun you noticed where it had chipped and peeled. I tried it again a few weeks later with a coat of a different polish overtop, and it still didn't last long.

Pretty in Pink looks milky white in the bottle...On the nails it's a pearly white sheer colour that reflects purple. Under really bright light the nails almost look like they're glowing light purple. In the sun they go a medium pink (if that). I wasn't a big fan of the colour it changed into. It wasn't a hot pink or a pastel pink, just a plain crayon pink (something I otherwise wouldn't wear). Though, it seems to stay on MUCH longer than the Peek-a-Boo polish and I really like the original colour.

I wish I'd have gotten more!

I absolutely LOVE these products! Would reccommend to anyone, you have to try these and see the colour change to believe it!

I have found out they are now available to buy in the UK from www.inspirationail.com or email the UK Distributors for more info at info@rckdistributions.com

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So much fun! I'm not a nail polish girl, but I saw this in Jamaica and had to have it. I bought Blind Date, which is white and shimmery and sheer but changes to a soft pink out in the sun. I can't tell you if this stuff wears wear because I don't often use nail polish. I just put on a quick coat without bothering with top/base coats (I don't have that stuff) and it seems to last several days without chipping unless I'm really scouring or scrubbing something. Then it wears at the tips, but it's barely noticable since it's such a sheer neutral. I bought a couple of the other pinky/coral shades w/o glitter and had the same results. I can't comment on the glittery blue and green shades in this line (other than to say they didn't appeal to me in the bottle). I can see little girls loving this stuff, it's so pretty and kind of magical with the color change. It's nail polish for fairy princesses.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Favorite ever is Reckless - shimmery white turns to shimmery light pink in the sun. It's one of my favorite summer polishes and I buy a bottle every time I'm in the caribbean (which isn't often enough!) The rest are so-so. Stay away from the glitter shades - they are pretty awful - you are basically wearing sandpaper on your nails and then when they turn a color you see what a horrible job you did painting your nails! (Or paint them in the sun so you can see what a mess you're making!) I won't really buy anything other than reckless but if you're into non-traditional polish colors (greens, blues, etc.) they do have some cute colors with those. Reckless is a must-have, though! Best is in the spring when you're so looking forward to the sun and you go outside and see your toes turn pink!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I like the novelty of these because they change color in the sun which is really cool. However I find these all chip really easy so you really need a good top and base coat. I also find that since most of them are frost np that they don't go on as nicely, but that's typical of frost colors. I have Spike, Ruby Slippers and Reckless. Ruby slippers is a nice one to wear over other nps b/c it's clear with silver sparkles. However this change color to red with silver sparkles in the sunlight.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love these!!!! I normally don't wear nail polish but these are awesome!!! I love how the colors change in the sun. I have flirt, a frosty metallic light pink that changes to dark pink, ruby slipper which is a silver glitter that changes to red, Girls night out which is a bright pink that changes to a dark purple and sassy a pink/gold that changes to bright pink. I love them all!! I like using ruby slipper around the holidays, it adds a nice touch of holiday sparkle!!