Urban Decay Matte Eyeshadow in Naked

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This is something I just decided I cannot live without. It's in my Naked1 palette, and I have only a little tiny bit left while most of the other shadows barely have dips (even Buck, which I also use almost every day!). It's the perfect beige-taupe-neutral-almost-skin-color-but-not. It's SO versatile - I use it all over the lid for almost every look, I find that a base of Naked over my primer adds a smoother layer so that any shadow I put on top isn't patchy. It evens out lid tone, and is great on its own for a nearly-bare look that still enhances eyes. Workhorse status. The formula is also amazing: smooth, buttery, pigmented, long-lasting. Once my Naked palette dies, I'm going to put together a UD quad with Naked, Buck, Smog, and Toasted. It's probably cheaper just to get another Naked lol but those 4 are ride or die for me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is perfect for the 'no makeup' look days. Some days I want to just wear mascara and maybe some lip product but my eyelids sometimes need a little 'help'. This evens out the unevenness of my eyelids and (of course) this looks very natural. It brings out the color of my eyes rather than my eyes looking tired w/o any shadow. Super-simple to use as a one-shadow look, blends right in effortlessly. This of course could be used in conjunction with more elaborate eye looks, but I have so far just been using this as a single shadow look and been very pleased. Wears very well, no creasing, no flaking, no fallout; no eye irritation. Also obviously goes with any lip color or blush shade. Definitely will re-purchase and a staple in my eyeshadow collection!!!

To Read all 72 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like to wear matte shadows now that I'm in my 50s because shimmery shadows show every imperfection. This shade is perfect as a crease shade when I wear a nude eye look. I wear a skin tone shade on the lid and then do Naked in the outer crease and it looks great and gives my eye definition and because it's a tone deeper than the skin tone shade, adds some drama. I also add it to the outer corner of the lid because it elongates my round eyes and gives them a more almond shape. This UD shadow blends like a dream and is very pigmented and almost creamy. I use very little powder and then use a windshield wiper motion to blend it in the crease. I also add it to the lower lid with a small brush to further define my eye. In this way I do a nude somewhat smokey eye with just these two shades. I do use an espresso liner on the upper lid to further define and enhance the look. Naked has proved to be a very versatile shade but I only use it in the crease. It's too dark to use on the lid and makes me look tired if i use that way. It looks much better if I do it the way I've described. I really like the UD single shadows and also use Tease, which is a brown/lavender shade that I often use rather than Naked (but in the same way). It too is somewhat creamy and both Naked and Tease seem much more pigmented than any of the shadows in the UD palettes (this may be my imagination but it seems true). Naked is a great shade and on darker complexions it may take the place of a light skin tone shade like I've described above. But for my light skin tone, it works well as a crease shade. I definitely recommend it highly.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely love this color!! It's my perfect transition color and it just makes my eyeshadow blending a dream. It just gives me that wonderfully airbrushed look. It's also a great color for a light crease color or an all over lid color on days when I don't want to look too made up. I will buy this color over and over again and I really like to pair this up with smog in my crease.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think why I love this eye shadow so much is because it's just such an amazing basic colour to have. I love that it's not your "typical" warm-toned matte brown, it's quite a cool-toned taupey colour that goes really well with my skin tone. On a daily basis I pretty much can sweep this colour all over my lid, add some liner and mascara and I'm good to go. For night I honestly find this "the" perfect transition colour for me, warm tones under dark shadows make my eyes look way too big. I sometimes even use this as eyebrow powder in the summer when my hair gets lighter. The formula itself is really smooth and the quality has great pigmentation. I have this colour in my naked palette but I would definitely consider buying this in a single. I recommend this to pretty much everyone who's looking for a great basic multi purpose colour and also to beginners who are looking for a starter matte crease colour.

I actually use this on my very dark blonde eyebrows, as I find eyebrow colours either come extremely dark or extremely light, neither of which suit my eyebrow colour at all. This looks exactly like (if not the same) as the Naked 2 shade from the Naked Basics palette, which I originally used and didn't want to buy a whole new palette for just one shade. THIS IS PERFECT. I apply it with an angled brush and it works amazingly. I will never buy another dedicated "eyebrow product" again. Great tip if you have dark blonde eyebrows like me!

This is the most amazing color on your eyes. It looks so boring in the pan but when you put it on, it really makes your eye color pop. It is especially good for blue eyes. They look twice as blue with this one. It can be used as both a lid and crease color. Amazingly, when you put it on the lid, it appears lighter than in the crease so it really can be used for both and it looks like two different shadows on. You can also layer a lighter color over part of the lid for a really pretty effect. It would be great for all eye colors, and especially makes blue eyes pop.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is my HG crease and blending shade. I am NW20 for reference. I used up the entire shade in the Naked palette and was so happy to see that this came in its own pot. It is creamy, buttery, and completely matte.
I have used a lot of blending shades that were never quite right. I'm talking to you Soft Brown! This is just right! :)
I often just wear this by itself in my crease for a subtle definition and contouring. I highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for that perfect blending shade. It is a little spendy, but with how pigmented and easy to blend it is, I am not complaining!

This is a lovely everyday neutral shadow. It just looks like a second skin, minus the imperfections, redness etc.It's not at all powdery which can show up wrinkles. I'm 57 and finding shadows that don't emphasize eye wrinkles is hard, but this does a great job.No creasing or fading. It's a "no make up"make up shadow, which is why I bought it and it fits the bill.Pale beige brown with an ever so slight orange tone (not really noticeable).Pricey , but it will last a while.Perfect texture for mature skins. I'm really interested in trying out other UD shadows now .Very impressed.I'm writing this review as a more mature user, but this should be perfect for anyone.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

If you are NC40 or lighter, this is an absolutely fool proof crease color. It's smooth, creamy, and and blends into any other color you can think of. It's perfect for adding a little more, natural looking definition for my office job.This should be a staple in every woman's makeup bag. The best part is if you screw up the application (as I often do), just blend out and add eyeliner. Tada!