Thierry Mugler Alien Parfum

4.5

on 11/29/2017 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

It pains me to write this review because I ADORE this scent: perfectly balanced warm, yet not too spicy, clean jasmine. I love the way this smells on other people, and think this fragrance is best during colder weather or at night. Unfortunately, I hate the way this smells on me. My skin chemistry makes this smell so metallic, so perhaps I will try the EDT out to see if that changes anything. Longevity and sillage is wonderful, and the refillable bottle is a very efficient concept.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Top Note: Indian Jasmine

Heart Notes: Woodsy notes

Base Note: White Amber

I'm giving it 4 stars for its originality, and because it can smell divine on the right person.

On me, however, it straight up stank. Which broke my heart. :( I wanted to experience the pleasure symphony of this cult favorite, but unfortunately it just didn't mesh with my chemistry.

In fact, it was so horrible that I kept scrubbing my wrist in vain, trying to erase the putrid odor. What's interesting, though, is that even though it didn't work for me at all, I could see why so many people find it fascinating, with some having an emotional reaction to the fragrance.

There's something special about it, that's for sure. I think it's got something to do with the way the jasmine note blends with the amber. You usually don't see those two notes paired together very often.

Which makes me think that it's otherworldly qualities would've made it a good candidate for the name Angel, even if only for its ability to make people feel like the scent is conjuring up the yearning to touch something in a spiritual way that's too deep to reach.

It would be perfect for the person who walks to the beat of their own drum, someone who doesn't give a damn about the latest fashion nor what anyone else thinks of them, and who has their head in the clouds.

A daydreamer with confidence, you could say. This perfume was made for someone like that.

on 4/27/2016 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Not sure if Thierry Mugler is cruelty free, I have repurchased this once, and once I have checked if it is CF, I might repurchase it again. One of the few not so sweet scents that I really like.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

To me this scent is very warm, woodsy, a touch of sweet. It's mysterious and makes you wonder. I think it's quite sexy and different. I am definitely very sensitive to smell and this scent makes me feel more alive.

on 1/14/2012 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Love at first spray for me. A strong fragrance amazing lasting power beautiful bottle.

Strong intense beautiful powerful and unique.

This is a heady, black currant, musky scent. Very interesting and complex. Wouldn't buy it again, but will use it up when I feel a little naughty ;)

Popular Fragrances