Thierry Mugler Alien Parfum

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Thierry Mugler  Alien Parfum

4.1

I love Alien perfume to me it’s my Fall/Winter scent, or cold weather scent in general. I adore Jasmine and this mixed with the amber and the wood make this a fragrance I just can’t do without. I purchased the refillable bottle because I love how you can save by refilling the stone. The scent itself to me is a spicy Jasmine but what I love is the heady, narcotic, allure of the Jasmine in this. I’ve never smelled one that came close except for some of my middle eastern attars have a Jasmine that is similar but not like Alien. I purchased a refill as well as the shower gel and lotion as I cannot get enough of this. It’s very pricey but you can find it for less and the scent is so strong and the sillage is very heavy with this so a little goes a very long way.

This to me is everything I enjoy in a perfume it’s strong, lasts, and is unique. The bottle I adore and I love the eco friendly factor. On me this lasts on my skin for at least 24 hours on my clothes much longer. You only need a few tiny spritz’s and a little seriously goes a long way. I’m a white floral lover and this to me is a white floral paradise. I will repurchase Alien without a doubt as I find I cannot do without this scent. I also love the Essence Absolue and own that as well. Layering them on occasion smells so good! Couldn’t be happier with a perfume.:)

on 2/26/2017 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I just don't understand the hype for this perfume. The packaging, yes. Gorgeous. The refillable option? Very cool! But seriously this stuff just smells awful. The dry down is "OK" but the scent is just so pervasive. It's like that woman you work with who practically bathes in perfume and you have stand extra far away any time she tries to talk to you. This stuff will make you that person.

I will say, this stuff is way better than Thierry Mugler's "Angel". If you think Alien is bad, avoid Angel.

on 4/27/2016 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Not sure if Thierry Mugler is cruelty free, I have repurchased this once, and once I have checked if it is CF, I might repurchase it again. One of the few not so sweet scents that I really like.

on 7/5/2015 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought a bottle sephora a few years ago, after watching a YT review where it was said to smell like wood warmed by sunshine. It bought the $80 bottle, which was an ounce I think. It was strong, heavy and lasted a good while. The girls in my office hated when I wore it, it was that pervasive. I went nose blind to it quick, so I didn't notice. To me it's an evening scent, and was in no way suitable for me during day. I found it reminiscent of Givenchy Ange ou Demon Le Secret Elixir. Not the same but similar.
Overall it just did not do it for me.
THE SPRAYER MELTED. I had this in winter and it never contacted high temps. I think the perfume itself melted the sprayer nozzle to the point it is unusable. Here 2+ years later, I have half a bottle that's completely useless.
Would not repurchase.

on 8/28/2014 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Holy cannoli. Got a sample of this at Sephora, waited over a month to use it, and now I'm completely obsessed.
It's incredible how much this perfume changes depending on body chemistry. It smells completely different on me than it did on the sales assistant. On me, it starts out sweet and heavy, and then morphs into this incredibly sexy, elegant sweet musk.
This fragrance also lasts longer than any other perfume I've ever tried or owned. Scents tend to fade quickly on me, but this lasts for hours without needing to be reapplied. When I purchase the full-sized version (and I absolutely will), I'll also get a portable atomizer to throw in my bag.
Price-wise, it seems pretty standard.
And can we please just talk about the packaging for a second? Because I'm not sure I've ever seen such a beautiful bottle in my life. No matter what size you choose, you're bound to have an absolutely gorgeous functioning ornament for your makeup table. After I've purchased, used, and fully emptied a bottle, I think I'll display it somewhere. Because it's far too beautiful to throw away or recycle.
This may be the best perfume on Earth. For me, it beats out Dolce's The One in both sensuality and lasting power, and that perfume is a contender.
Definitely purchase this if you love a great, sexy and sweet musk scent.

on 1/14/2012 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Love at first spray for me. A strong fragrance amazing lasting power beautiful bottle.

Strong intense beautiful powerful and unique.

on 9/8/2011 3:03:00 PM

Somehow this scent slipped by my radar for the last few years. And then the first time I smelled it, I didn't like it at all. And then a few days ago, I picked up the lighter pinky-purple bottle and sniffed. Heaven!! After spraying some on and wandering about the store a bit, I realized I could not stop smelling my arm! Suddenly I love this scent, how wonderfully unusual. Then I was told it was the EDT version, slightly lighter than the original EDP. Gorgeous! I had to grab a bottle. The clerk even found a tiny bottle for me for my makeup bag! My only caveat is that the "sprayer" sticks on my bottle which has never happened to me with any perfume before. I have to mash down on the depressor very hard and then of course I'm drenched in the stuff---so I just spray the air and walk through instead! I think of it as a sweet fruity floral, but very sophisticated, not for your teenage daughter type of scent. Perfect for date night!

This is a heady, black currant, musky scent. Very interesting and complex. Wouldn't buy it again, but will use it up when I feel a little naughty ;)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is amazing! I have many expensive perfumes; however, this is definitely one of the best. It's hard to describe....if you like Euphoria, which is quite common, then you'll like this one. It wears all day and I have received numerous compliments! Retail is $110. Ask for a sample prior to purchasing. (I like the Thierry Mugler perfumes.)

Popular Fragrances