Thierry Mugler Alien Parfum

Thierry Mugler  Alien Parfum

4.4

I love Alien perfume to me it’s my Fall/Winter scent, or cold weather scent in general. I adore Jasmine and this mixed with the amber and the wood make this a fragrance I just can’t do without. I purchased the refillable bottle because I love how you can save by refilling the stone. The scent itself to me is a spicy Jasmine but what I love is the heady, narcotic, allure of the Jasmine in this. I’ve never smelled one that came close except for some of my middle eastern attars have a Jasmine that is similar but not like Alien. I purchased a refill as well as the shower gel and lotion as I cannot get enough of this. It’s very pricey but you can find it for less and the scent is so strong and the sillage is very heavy with this so a little goes a very long way.

This to me is everything I enjoy in a perfume it’s strong, lasts, and is unique. The bottle I adore and I love the eco friendly factor. On me this lasts on my skin for at least 24 hours on my clothes much longer. You only need a few tiny spritz’s and a little seriously goes a long way. I’m a white floral lover and this to me is a white floral paradise. I will repurchase Alien without a doubt as I find I cannot do without this scent. I also love the Essence Absolue and own that as well. Layering them on occasion smells so good! Couldn’t be happier with a perfume.:)

on 2/26/2017 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I just don't understand the hype for this perfume. The packaging, yes. Gorgeous. The refillable option? Very cool! But seriously this stuff just smells awful. The dry down is "OK" but the scent is just so pervasive. It's like that woman you work with who practically bathes in perfume and you have stand extra far away any time she tries to talk to you. This stuff will make you that person.

I will say, this stuff is way better than Thierry Mugler's "Angel". If you think Alien is bad, avoid Angel.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Top Note: Indian Jasmine

Heart Notes: Woodsy notes

Base Note: White Amber

I'm giving it 4 stars for its originality, and because it can smell divine on the right person.

On me, however, it straight up stank. Which broke my heart. :( I wanted to experience the pleasure symphony of this cult favorite, but unfortunately it just didn't mesh with my chemistry.

In fact, it was so horrible that I kept scrubbing my wrist in vain, trying to erase the putrid odor. What's interesting, though, is that even though it didn't work for me at all, I could see why so many people find it fascinating, with some having an emotional reaction to the fragrance.

There's something special about it, that's for sure. I think it's got something to do with the way the jasmine note blends with the amber. You usually don't see those two notes paired together very often.

Which makes me think that it's otherworldly qualities would've made it a good candidate for the name Angel, even if only for its ability to make people feel like the scent is conjuring up the yearning to touch something in a spiritual way that's too deep to reach.

It would be perfect for the person who walks to the beat of their own drum, someone who doesn't give a damn about the latest fashion nor what anyone else thinks of them, and who has their head in the clouds.

A daydreamer with confidence, you could say. This perfume was made for someone like that.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Love this fragrance! It is unique and long lasting as all of the Mugler fragrances are. I wear it and I am a man. I get so many compliments on it from both sexes when I do. I have been wearing this fragrance since it was launched. It is a sweet, slightly floral, fruity blend. It is nothing like the "Angel" fragrance from the Mugler line which is also another favorite of mine.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I can't even began to tell you how much I love this scent. I wear it all year around, even in summer when most of the strong fragrances don't layer that nice. It is a strong scent, I can't describe this. It is unique, indeed. I recommend it only if you like strong scent, otherwise you'll not like this at all.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this fragrance! To me its unique and smells so sweet. I have a 2 oz bottle that costs $120 the bottle is cute however the box isnt a tight close. I love the fact that i can get this bottle reused which is great!!!!!! Will purchase and recommend to EVERYONE

This is the most unique fragrance I've ever used, in a good way. It's musky, haunting, mysterious, dark. Some people are saying it's an evening fragrance but honestly, I wear it all the time... Day, night, doesn't matter to me.

I stumbled upon it when I was given a sample and I've been obsessed ever since. I picked up a bottle as soon as I could. I will probably wear this perfume exclusively for a very long time.

Check it out. Find a sample of it somewhere to try first because it is not for everyone... It's a love it or hate it type of fragrance. I personally was very attracted to the scent.

on 1/7/2016 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best scent on the market. Get complimented every time I wear it. No joke people have stopped me in the street. Worth every penny!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My favourite fragrance of all time!! Lasts forever on me!! Love,love,love it!!

on 4/27/2016 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Not sure if Thierry Mugler is cruelty free, I have repurchased this once, and once I have checked if it is CF, I might repurchase it again. One of the few not so sweet scents that I really like.

Popular Fragrances