Thierry Mugler Alien Parfum

Thierry Mugler  Alien Parfum

4.4

on 2/26/2017 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I just don't understand the hype for this perfume. The packaging, yes. Gorgeous. The refillable option? Very cool! But seriously this stuff just smells awful. The dry down is "OK" but the scent is just so pervasive. It's like that woman you work with who practically bathes in perfume and you have stand extra far away any time she tries to talk to you. This stuff will make you that person.

I will say, this stuff is way better than Thierry Mugler's "Angel". If you think Alien is bad, avoid Angel.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I wanted to love this, since everyone else seems to, including the saleslady who served me in the beauty boutique, but on me it smells like grape juice from the grocery store. Like I spilled a bottle of it over myself. Even the tiniest application of the scent grows into an enormous cloud of grape juice sensation. I wouldn't want anyone to smell this on me.

Thierry Mugler obviously did not make scents for my body chemistry.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I am surprised this is getting such good reviews.
Yes, it is a very unique scent and the bottle is BEAUTIFUL, but I cannot see the appeal.

It smells too powdery and mature for me. Intimidating would be the word I'd use to describe this. It's like what alien servants would spray their alien queen with before she makes her planet-wide announcement to take over Earth.

It's the opposite of light and airy, definitely not for the day. I'd probably wear it to a nightclub to fend off unwanted, creepy strangers.

on 7/4/2008 6:12:00 PM

Should really only be worn by just that, Aliens. It just comes on as a loud, screechy, tarty, boozy scent. The fact that the dry-down isn't half bad is a shame...I can't bring myself to wear it that long.

on 7/5/2015 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought a bottle sephora a few years ago, after watching a YT review where it was said to smell like wood warmed by sunshine. It bought the $80 bottle, which was an ounce I think. It was strong, heavy and lasted a good while. The girls in my office hated when I wore it, it was that pervasive. I went nose blind to it quick, so I didn't notice. To me it's an evening scent, and was in no way suitable for me during day. I found it reminiscent of Givenchy Ange ou Demon Le Secret Elixir. Not the same but similar.
Overall it just did not do it for me.
THE SPRAYER MELTED. I had this in winter and it never contacted high temps. I think the perfume itself melted the sprayer nozzle to the point it is unusable. Here 2+ years later, I have half a bottle that's completely useless.
Would not repurchase.

on 5/9/2015 9:12:00 AM

This is hard to review. I would give 3.5 stars if I could. While I like this scent, it is loud and heavy. Probably not suitable for most daytime occasions. Very distinctive grape and jasmine.. Even pungent. The intense popularity of this perfume is somewhat of a mystery to me. I personally do not find it erotic or sensual. I only wear occasionally, one spray at a time, so my current bottle will last the probable duration.

on 1/17/2015 1:23:00 PM

i love this perfume, its different from Womanity.it almost has a vanilla scent which i love. considering the price i thought it would last really long; it lasts longer than most perfumes but its not strong which i like in perfumes. i would buy it again though ,its a great perfume to wear if you get headaches easily

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Top Note: Indian Jasmine

Heart Notes: Woodsy notes

Base Note: White Amber

I'm giving it 4 stars for its originality, and because it can smell divine on the right person.

On me, however, it straight up stank. Which broke my heart. :( I wanted to experience the pleasure symphony of this cult favorite, but unfortunately it just didn't mesh with my chemistry.

In fact, it was so horrible that I kept scrubbing my wrist in vain, trying to erase the putrid odor. What's interesting, though, is that even though it didn't work for me at all, I could see why so many people find it fascinating, with some having an emotional reaction to the fragrance.

There's something special about it, that's for sure. I think it's got something to do with the way the jasmine note blends with the amber. You usually don't see those two notes paired together very often.

Which makes me think that it's otherworldly qualities would've made it a good candidate for the name Angel, even if only for its ability to make people feel like the scent is conjuring up the yearning to touch something in a spiritual way that's too deep to reach.

It would be perfect for the person who walks to the beat of their own drum, someone who doesn't give a damn about the latest fashion nor what anyone else thinks of them, and who has their head in the clouds.

A daydreamer with confidence, you could say. This perfume was made for someone like that.

Favorite fragrance! I get compliments every time I wear it. Be careful to not over use, it can come on too powerful and I always need to refill mine at least 3 times a year!

Selfconfident, sexy, mysterious and deep...
Very long lasting.