Thierry Mugler Alien Parfum

Thierry Mugler  Alien Parfum

4.4

(Alien Prodigy Elixir Extrait de Parfum) Because Alien has become my current scent obsession, I have found myself going past the Mugler counter more frequently than usual to ogle the products. During my last visit I noticed a box in the Alien section which was not worded and had an intriguing picture of the trademark bottle with what appeared to be a large golden elongated-teardrop-shaped stem protruding from it. My curiosity got the best of me and I asked one of the SAs what it was. It turns out it was the parfum - silly me, I should have figured that out! Quite unexpectedly, the SA retrieved one from the showcase (box clearly marked demo only - not for sale) for me to sample. My heart skipped a beat as she dipped the long golden applicator wand into the wee rubber-gasket-lined hole in the little bottle (it was nearly full), extracted a rather generous amount and offered it out to me. I took the wand solemnly, ceremoniously, and stroked it against my wrist. I watched very closely as the clear fluid spread against and began to sink slowly into my skin, raised it to my excited nose and sniffed long and deep. My word, what a divine creation, such a true beauty, the concoction of a Mastermind (or two!). To my nose it is just like the EDP (of course) except the parfum skips over the opening blast and seemed to lean a bit more heavily on the jasmine-herb thing and slightly away from the cashmere woods. It was more than simply a pretty scent that aroused my senses, Alien Parfum embraced my very soul and filled it with absolute glorious satisfaction. Believe that I will own this. And soon. If you are among the few who appreciate the beauty of Alien, this is a must try.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Top Note: Indian Jasmine

Heart Notes: Woodsy notes

Base Note: White Amber

I'm giving it 4 stars for its originality, and because it can smell divine on the right person.

On me, however, it straight up stank. Which broke my heart. :( I wanted to experience the pleasure symphony of this cult favorite, but unfortunately it just didn't mesh with my chemistry.

In fact, it was so horrible that I kept scrubbing my wrist in vain, trying to erase the putrid odor. What's interesting, though, is that even though it didn't work for me at all, I could see why so many people find it fascinating, with some having an emotional reaction to the fragrance.

There's something special about it, that's for sure. I think it's got something to do with the way the jasmine note blends with the amber. You usually don't see those two notes paired together very often.

Which makes me think that it's otherworldly qualities would've made it a good candidate for the name Angel, even if only for its ability to make people feel like the scent is conjuring up the yearning to touch something in a spiritual way that's too deep to reach.

It would be perfect for the person who walks to the beat of their own drum, someone who doesn't give a damn about the latest fashion nor what anyone else thinks of them, and who has their head in the clouds.

A daydreamer with confidence, you could say. This perfume was made for someone like that.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I received a sample of this in a magazine and it instantly took me back to July, 1999 when I went to Europe with my high school. I went to my first Sephora located at 70-72 Avenue des Champs-lyses in Paris, France and there is a scent that hits you as you walk down the ramp. I will never forget the overwhelming beautiful scent; even though (imo) Sephora's here in the states all have a unique scent, nothing compared to Paris.
Well, this Thierry Mugler Alien is it! I cannot believe I actually found Sephora Paris captured in a fragrance. This will absolutely stay in my collection forever!

on 7/5/2015 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought a bottle sephora a few years ago, after watching a YT review where it was said to smell like wood warmed by sunshine. It bought the $80 bottle, which was an ounce I think. It was strong, heavy and lasted a good while. The girls in my office hated when I wore it, it was that pervasive. I went nose blind to it quick, so I didn't notice. To me it's an evening scent, and was in no way suitable for me during day. I found it reminiscent of Givenchy Ange ou Demon Le Secret Elixir. Not the same but similar.
Overall it just did not do it for me.
THE SPRAYER MELTED. I had this in winter and it never contacted high temps. I think the perfume itself melted the sprayer nozzle to the point it is unusable. Here 2+ years later, I have half a bottle that's completely useless.
Would not repurchase.

This is the most unique fragrance I've ever used, in a good way. It's musky, haunting, mysterious, dark. Some people are saying it's an evening fragrance but honestly, I wear it all the time... Day, night, doesn't matter to me.

I stumbled upon it when I was given a sample and I've been obsessed ever since. I picked up a bottle as soon as I could. I will probably wear this perfume exclusively for a very long time.

Check it out. Find a sample of it somewhere to try first because it is not for everyone... It's a love it or hate it type of fragrance. I personally was very attracted to the scent.

on 1/7/2016 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best scent on the market. Get complimented every time I wear it. No joke people have stopped me in the street. Worth every penny!!!

on 9/8/2011 3:03:00 PM

Somehow this scent slipped by my radar for the last few years. And then the first time I smelled it, I didn't like it at all. And then a few days ago, I picked up the lighter pinky-purple bottle and sniffed. Heaven!! After spraying some on and wandering about the store a bit, I realized I could not stop smelling my arm! Suddenly I love this scent, how wonderfully unusual. Then I was told it was the EDT version, slightly lighter than the original EDP. Gorgeous! I had to grab a bottle. The clerk even found a tiny bottle for me for my makeup bag! My only caveat is that the "sprayer" sticks on my bottle which has never happened to me with any perfume before. I have to mash down on the depressor very hard and then of course I'm drenched in the stuff---so I just spray the air and walk through instead! I think of it as a sweet fruity floral, but very sophisticated, not for your teenage daughter type of scent. Perfect for date night!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

To me this scent is very warm, woodsy, a touch of sweet. It's mysterious and makes you wonder. I think it's quite sexy and different. I am definitely very sensitive to smell and this scent makes me feel more alive.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Oh my god, this perfume smells amazing. When you first spray on the perfume it smells very florally and then after about 10 minutes it turns into this sexy rich scent. I honestly can't say enough good things about this perfume. The bottle it comes in is very cool and is refillable which is a great bonus. If you like Angels and Demons by Givenchy this scent is in the same sort of category. Plus this perfume last for hours and hours and my boyfriend always tells me i smell super sexy !

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Love this fragrance! It is unique and long lasting as all of the Mugler fragrances are. I wear it and I am a man. I get so many compliments on it from both sexes when I do. I have been wearing this fragrance since it was launched. It is a sweet, slightly floral, fruity blend. It is nothing like the "Angel" fragrance from the Mugler line which is also another favorite of mine.

Popular Fragrances