3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

11 years ago

this shampoo saves my day, no more flyaways or split ends. i can tell the difference when using other shampoo for just 2 day. I will certainly purchase this thing again even if i have to drive 45 minutes to get them. I take out one lippie for the sorbitol and sulfate other than that it is a perfect shampoo

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

1.0

11 years ago

I too was lured by all of the excellent reviews for this product. The scent was strong, but did not bother me all that much-what really bothered me was the oily mess this left my hair in! It pretty much took me three days to get my hair back to normal. This product is not for all hair types, it would be best suited for people with dry, brittle hair. After that one time trial, I had to throw the shampoo away. Complete waste of money.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairRed

11 years ago

My hair is long and fine. It gets oily by the end of the day at the scalp and I wash my hair everyday. I already fell in love with alot of shampoos and conditioners- CHI and redken are my top 2. But I love to try new things and this product is so popular in Asia that I thought I'd give this a try. I use both the shampoo and conditioner, at first when I first smelled it from the bottle, it was disgusting, it reminded me of cherry flavoured cough medicine, seriosuly. But when you lather it up in your hair, it smells different, and the scent is less noticable. My hair is quite soft after just one use, I'd prolly have to use this more to notice any long term changes, but overall, it's quite a good product. It retails for about 18 CDN each, you can find this at most asian grocery markets or beauty hair salons.

About reviewer (67 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium

3.0

11 years ago

New HG! I've used Biolage Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner for years (with an anti-residue shampoo once a week). I bought this shampoo after getting bored with the old standby. I'm so happy I changed. Whatever they put in this stuff (flower oil?) makes my hair feel salon soft and manageable everyday. Plus, my hair smells perfectly perfumed all day. I bought this along with the conditioner as well, which has also turned out the be quite nice. Going to continue using my anti-residue shampoo once a week, just so I can get the most out of my Tsubaki. But damn, I don't know if I will ever buy another shampoo brand. UPDATE: Although I really, really loved this shampoo (and will continue to recommend it to anyone that will listen), I had to shelf it. Why? It was TOO moisturizing! My hair is VERY oily, and I just cannot use something that has that much moisturization to it. Also I have fine hair and really need something that volumizes, which this product doesn't offer. I have since changed to another shampoo that is clean rinsing.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

11 years ago

I bought this for my mom to use because her jet black Asian hair was starting to lose its natural glossiness and shine. She could tell the difference on the first use. It made her hair sooo pretty! It was much shinier than before. She loves it and it also smells very good.

About reviewer (47 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

from

11 years ago

I LOVE THIS SHAMPOO. The smell is great, and your hair feels so clean afterwards. This stuff makes your hair super smooth and shiny.

About reviewer (194 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

11 years ago

Best shampoo ever. I stocked up before I moved to Canada. It's made with Japanese Camellia flower oil. It was used for centuries in Japan for glossy hair. Tsubaki has a very strong floral and feminine scent. My brother can't stand it! I've been getting so many compliments once I moved here, it's kind of bothersome.. haha! In Japan, it's normal for a girl's hair to smell super floral, so no one really comments about that. SO, it leaves your hair super moisturized, shiny, smooth&straight, thick, and clean. If you have unmanageable long hair, give it a shot. It'll be your favourite, I guarantee! *If you have tried this shampoo, and thought it was too heavy, but liked the nourishing qualities of Tsubaki, I recommend that you try the Tsubaki Golden Repair line. It's much, MUCH lighter. I use it in the summer, myself.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair

3.0

11 years ago

3/10/2009 - After using this for awhile, it has made my scalp break out, especially as the weather began to warm up. This should be used sparingly and only when one's hair is totally dried out and in fried condition. Daily use requires a clarifying shampoo every 3rd or 4th day, which, for my fragile hair is too often. This should be used as a trouble-shooting shampoo otherwise it is too much of a good thing - and - sometimes too much of a good thing is just too much. 2/4/2009 -Wonderful, awesome shampoo! The BEST! This shampoo moisturizes, adds shine, manageability and smoothness. I have curly and dry hair that tends to frazzle in a dry environment - and this winter is terrible - only over 20 degrees about 6 times since Thanksgiving. Despite that punishment, this great shampoo does the trick - and does not cause my scalp to break out. This has been a godsend - thank you to all you MUA reviewers who sent me in this direction.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

11 years ago

I'm shocked! This stuff really works wonders! I have very damaged, heavily chemically processed hair (heat, bleach, you name it!). I've tried everything, including almost everything by the pricy Kerastase and Frederic Fekkai, and just as I was beginning to give up hope...I gave this a shot and my hair feels so much stronger, silkier, and healthier. It's inexpensive and you can also buy just the refills, which is cheaper. This scent is also lovely, and it performs much better than more expensive salon brands! Highy recommended!

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

from

11 years ago

highly raved! love its scent and how its lingers on for hours. leave my hair soft and manageable. innovative refill packaging comes in handy for impatient people like me.

About reviewer (106 reviews)

SkinCombination