3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

12 years ago

I LOVE this shampoo. I used it in Japan, and it is worth the trip across town to get it from the Japanese shops. I think the big sell is Camellia oil, but honestly whatever it is, it works. I have straight, thick Asian hair and this shampoo keeps it soft and beautiful. I really like the smell too, mellow and floral, not like so many awful overly-floral American brands (I'm looking at you, Herbal Essences). This costs a little more than your average shampoo, but for me, it's worth it. Also, I like how you can buy refills in the plastic bags (think Capri Sun-type packaging), so you don't have to throw away the old container. UPDATE: 09/24/09, I had to stop using this shampoo and conditioner as I suspected it was causing my scalp to be flakey. It's really unfortunate though, b/c no Western brand of shampoo has made my hair smell so good or look so glossy. :(

About reviewer (79 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

12 years ago

Honestly, i bought this because it's so highly raved in many Japanese magazines so i thought, heck, why not i tried it? And when one of my local supermarket had this on sale, i bought it and immediately tried it at home. And the results.. WOW my hair has never been so smooth and shiny!!! :D All of these years of using Pantene any many other brands, never made my hair this soft and sikly :D Now my hair is so easy to manage and doesn't have dry ends~ Highly recommended this product!!!!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal

HairBrown

12 years ago

I am reviewing the Tsubaki Golden Repair Shampoo. Even with just one use (combined with the conditioner), I could see and feel the immediate results Tsubaki had on my hair. Although my hair has usually been on the straight side, I really didn't like the somewhat frazzled, dry-looking ends. This, so far, is the only product that could actually smooth out the ends, giving my hair an overall sleeker appearance and a softer feel. The price is so-so since it isn't sold in the US and I had to have it shipped, but compared to the price of higher-ended products, the cost for this was not bad at all.. besides, given the results I saw after one mere use, it definitely lives up to its hype as one of the top-selling shampoo brands in Japan. Hopefully, the health of my hair will only get all-the-more better with continued usage over time. A definite HG as of now.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

12 years ago

Love this shampoo. A little rich for my hair, but that just means I don't need to use that much. Saw immediate results with this in conjunction with the conditioner. I usually use the Mild Shampoo/Conditioner, but wanted something more moisturizing to switch it up with. This gave me moisture and shine without any weigh down at all. Def. rinse well with this though as it leaves oil in your hair. Depending on how much moisture you need, I would rinse appropriately. I don't need that much so I did a good rinse down and still had great silky hair immediately. A little expensive for a shampoo/conditioner, but def. worth it imo. I will continue to use this, switching with the extra mild shiseido line every once in a while. These sell at a reasonable price at asian grocery stores though. Would def. repurchase.

About reviewer (68 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone

12 years ago

Love this shampoo! Gentle, moisturizing, smells great and inexpensive. Only downside is that I have to order it online, but sasa.com offers very reasonable shipping from HK.. This shampoo and the matching conditioner, together with a serum, make for sleek, shiny, blowout. I deduct one lippie because of the cones -- impossible to avoid imho, but makes clarifying vital and some wish to avoid cones all together.

About reviewer (183 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

12 years ago

I would buy this product again! A little goes a long way.

About reviewer (215 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2.0

12 years ago

Last year, this was on sale at the drugstore, 500¥ for 550mL, at the same time that Shiseido was releasing so many adverts of gorgeous women with this shampoo. Who wouldn't want hair like a beautiful Nakama Yukie or Uehara Takako? So I tried it, and it made my hair oily (my hair is never oily!). And the tsubaki smell is like the businessmen that rode the trains when I was a little girl -- very strong, sweet smell of the camellia oil they used to put to style their hair. Old people smell. But it has a very pretty red bottle and a very good advertising, and maybe it is good for those with dry type hair. Or for nostalgia of grandfather.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination

12 years ago

This review is for the RED bottle. I like how it makes my hair shiny and soft and well-behaved. However, it can make my hair slightly greasy if I use too much. I found that I lost a handful strands of hair while rinsing. This is great not for every day, at least on me with weak, fine, thin, hair. Maybe 3x a week or less is the best. The smell is out of this world.

About reviewer (149 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

from

12 years ago

My L'oreal Vive Pro shampoo and conditioner were not doing what they were suppose to be doing, and my hair was still looking damaged [thanks to bleaching, straightening, and everything else you can imaged]. I asked my best friend what shampoo/conditioner she used, and she recommended this. It also didn't sound bad that this is the best shampoo line sold in Japan. Luckily, one of the Asian malls I visited at my town had this, so I picked it up. Getting to the point: this is my HG shampoo. My hair has completely changed after using it. It is silkier, shinier, smoother, and overall BETTER. I LOVE THIS SHAMPOO. I love it so much, I even got my mom into it. And she loves it too. I even restock on it whenever I see it, just in case [it is usually sold out too]. Get your hands on this if you can. If you can't, you can order it online from ichibankao.com. Hope this helps! :)

About reviewer (90 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

HairBrunette

12 years ago

The smell of this shampoo is wonderful and not too strong. It foams up very well without having to use a large amount compared to regular drugstore brands. When I use this shampoo and conditioner my hair is very soft and smooth.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age25-29