Caron Paris Peau fine activee in Rose bonne mine

No Image

on 12/4/2007 1:39:00 AM

This is the transparent powder formula. I ordered this after seeing so many raves for it on the makeup board. I LOVE it. If anyone is worried about not being able to see the powder in person does not need to worry because Diane is great. When you call she asks questions about your skin and then sends a sample of the color she thinks you would need plus one a shade lighter and one a shade darker. That way you can try them before opening the full size container.
The powder itself is very finely milled. It does have a strong scent, but it fades throughout the day. It doesn't look cakey on me and it makes my skin look flawless. The price isn't bad either considering the amount you get, and a little goes a long way. If anyone is on the fence about this they should definitely try it. You won't be disappointed.
(For reference I am a 20 in MUFE Mat+)

on 11/22/2007 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can't work out which of Caron's powders this is: classic or transparent, so sorry if this review confuses anyone.

At first I couldn't bear the extremely strong rose fragrance of this powder, but after leaving it for a month out of its box once I'd opened it I found the smell faded enough that I could wear it.

It's light warm pink, finely milled and looks gorgeous on: not too matt, a little coverage, and not powdery or cakey-looking at all. I have light olive skin and usually prefer neutral foundations/powders but this looks fine on me. No breakouts from it and oil control is decent.

I got this one on ebay but otherwise the only places I think you can get Caron powders in the UK are on the top floor of Harrods in the Roja Dove parfumerie, which is hard to find and there are no assistants to help you (SO and I spent an awkward half hour there once before sheepishly leaving empty-handed) or on the second floor of Fortnum's where they have all the powder set out properly.

Love this. Price here is 30 for the loose powder and 29 for the pressed.