Smashbox Function

No Image

3.0

on 1/23/2009 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got the Light L1-L2 and it's way too orange for my skin, which is more warm than cool, so you'd have to be really warm-toned to pull this off. Otherwise it's OK as a powder foundation, nothing all that special and certainly not worth the CDN $40+ that I paid for it. It's going up for swap!

on 11/22/2007 3:08:00 AM

I thought I would get this started because I love this new powder foundation from Smashbox. I've been on a search for a good powder foundation because of TSA restrictions on liquids (I travel a lot). I've tried them all at this point and had settled for Clinique Perfectly Real until I found this in Sephora recently. I put it on in Sephora and forgot about it - ran errands all morning and cleaned the house all afternoon. In the evening I looked in the mirror and was shocked to find that even after all that activity my nose was NOT shiny, a miracle for my oily skin. My skin still looked nice and polished, without that dry, powdery makeup look (I never use powder under my eyes so I can't comment on creasing). And no orangey-ness - I bought it the next day! I also like the fact that it's oil-, fragrance-, talc- and paraben-free so it doesn't break me out (I'm talking to you Studio Fix). And it contains vitamins and soybean extract to improve your skin. I should mention that the 5 powders-in-one ads are misleading - all that means is you can control the coverage based on the brush you use; you can also use it wet although I haven't tried that. The packaging is nice and slim with a big mirror, and the sponge sits next to the powder with a vented bottom, also great for travel. I would call it full coverage - a little goes a long way. I took one lippie off because the color selection is limited and leans toward yellow-based, although I think they're all supposed to be neutral colors. My advice is if you're between colors go for the lighter shade because of the full coverage. And it's kind of pricey at $36 but as I said, a little goes a long way so I expect it will last a very long time.