L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche in Make Me Blush

No Image

4.8

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this shade...why did Loreal discontinue "Make Me Blush?" This was my go-to-never-fail lip color. Always got compliments - from the same people, over and over and over...Would not know how to even begin looking for a replacement shade.

I am very sad. :(

As a red-head, I have a good amount of trouble finding the perfect shade or lipstick. I love bright colors and deep reds so finding a delicate balance between the two can be a trick. I found the 'Make me Blush' shade when my sister, the artist in the family, gave it to me for Christmas almost 5 years ago and haven't changed from it since. I do dabble in other palates but always find myself returning to this one shade that I have come to love.

The color itself is a complicated one. It is a mixture of deep rose tones with a dash of purple that places it between the pinks, reds, and mauve. This means it can be paired with a multitude of outfits or skin complexions without clashing and by bringing out the complimentary tones in each. It is a shocking color so the faint of heart may shy away from it, but for the more adventurous of us out there, it is perfect!

On the texture, like all of the Color Riche line it has a smooth and creamy feel when applying it. If you are looking for a dryer or more waxy feel this is definitely not for you, but if you have problems with dry lips this can help. I find in the humid parts of the summer it can feel a bit too slick for my liking but, for the most part, I am content.

The tube is simple but does not allow the lipstick to shift around and get abused along the inside of the shaft (unlike some I have experienced). I usually carry a tube or two in my purse and thankfully have never had any issues with the tops falling off, melting, or other concerns. It is simple but does it's job well.

Since I originally was given the first tube, I have bought 3 more at least. This is a wonderful shade that others should experiment with and give a chance before discounting on fist glance.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a beautiful lipstick and definitely one of my most reached for so I'm surprised to see there are only 8 other reviews Lol :D
I purchased this last year when I was on a deep red, almost vampy lip hunt and purchased several from the Colour Riche line, but this one is not as deep as it appeared in the store, so it got shuffled to the bottom of my makeup stash for several months until recently I decided to really sit down and go through every item. -I've worn this lipstick almost everyday since!! It's a tough shade to describe with words, it looks rather dark in the tube and is a berry shade with reddish undertones, but once applied it's the perfect MLBB color. It's a little glossy looking on my lips (in a nice, complimenting way), is quite long lasting, creamy and a dream to apply as well as wear. It doesn't require any gloss on top to set it or any dabbing/blotting when it comes to application.
It *does* have that odd Colour Riche smell to it that several of the other colour riche lipsticks I've tried have as well, so you may not love the smell of this if you're sensitive to it..(I personally like the smell Lol -it reminds me of my mother's lipsticks when I was a child ;D)
For reference I'm 30yrs old with fair (slightly lighter than MAC SFF NC15) skin, brown hair & eyes. I definitely think that this shade is a must have for anyone looking for a perfect daily lipstick that looks natural for day wear, but can also be built up for a bolder night look -Perfection from Colour Riche!

on 8/6/2012 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm very fair skinned with pink undertones and this shade shows up on me as a dusty-strawberry-rose. (more on the blue-red side) Not too far from my natural color, but with a bit more glow and oompf. I like my lipstick to be a bit on the natural, sheer side, so I blot it and add a little clear glossy balm. Perfect! Not sure why some don't like the fragrance, to me it's a little retro- soft and very '50's glamour girl. A classic scent! Texture is smooth and I don't have a problem with dryness.

on 5/21/2012 2:21:00 PM

I finally found it!! I have been searching for a MLBB lipstick forever. And this is the "one". One that I can wear every day. I am a mid tone Native American with some yellowish undertones. Compliments me perfectly. I couldn't stop looking at myself in the mirror. The color is gorgeous. Perfect. I hope and pray this never goes away. The price is right. I love Lancome lipsticks as well but 29 dollars is a bit too much for me. I would say it stays on long enough. I don't mind reapplying. I love the scent. Makes me think I am using a high end product. Moisturizing. Every product line should make their own color like this one. I can see how just about anyone can wear it. Go out and buy it and give it a try.

on 5/2/2012 7:42:00 AM

I bought this on impulse when I came upon it in the drugstore in the display L'Oreal's Summer 2012 collection. At first I thought it was LE but obviously, from reading the other reviews, I realize that it's been around for several years.
This is an absolutely gorgeous shade of deep rose. It is definitely a blue-based color, yet it has enough of a bronze cast to make it very wearable and flattering for those of us who don't normally wear cool tones. In the picture of the aforementioned display, the model who is wearing this has a very deep tan (or is wearing tons of bronzer - the more likely possibility) and the color looks fabulous on her, yet here I am wearing this on my winter-pale skin and it looks great.
As always, the quality of the Colour Riche lipsticks is excellent.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My new favorite! Hydrating, silky, and smooth! Feathers a little over time, but does not get cakey when reapplied. Also, you cannot beat the price. Next to my NC15 skin, this color looks like a nice rosy mauve.

on 4/4/2011 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Make Me Blush is the most beautiful lip color! It's a natural, rosy color - slightly darker than my own lip color. This color would go with anything. MLBB!!!
Love it!!!

on 11/8/2010 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Normally I'm a red-matte lip girl, but this is a nice change. It's a pretty creamy rose that smells nice and works great as an everyday color.

on 7/27/2009 9:41:00 PM

This has to be my all time, most-worn lipstick. It is an ultra-flattering rose with a slight hint of beige. It does go on sheerer than most Colour Riche lipsticks, and ever so slightly shimmery finish. It is perfect for everyday, and goes with any look.