L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche in Sandstone

L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche in Sandstone

4.6

on 10/31/2017 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a beautiful color! Nude family....bronze-ish, medium color. Lasts pretty darn good! I've had a few coffees and still could put my lips together to smush a little left on me! Also, a few glasses of wine....seems to last without being a long wear type. Beautiful color!!

on 1/4/2012 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

sandstone is a shimmery sand-bronze lipstick.it shines,goes on smoothly,last verry long.goes well with:bronze,nude,brown-bronze,brown,plum,black eye shadows!love it!

on 11/10/2011 7:07:00 PM

Name Sandstone is pretty accurate-its cool shimmery almost metallic taupey nude. I don't wear nudes that often since I prefer bold lips but for the times I want smoky eyes, this is a good choice. I don't see this color looking good on warm toned ladies because it has a distincly cool cast to it. Colour Riche formula is creamy and moisturizing so I don't even have to wear lipbalm with this. I'm cool PPP, black hair, blue eyes

on 8/29/2011 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

I like this to tone down reds. Even on its own, it gives me a hint of color.
Apply it with a brush tho so it doesn't look thick and cakey.

on 6/28/2011 6:32:00 PM

Love this color, it is beautiful. It's a neautral shimmery brown, but not too much shimmer. It is perfect....add a litte gloss in the middle of your bottom lip for a pouty effect.

PROS: Not a sheer, not shiny, not matte. Just a creamy, luxurious feel. Yummy, almost-chocolately smell. Reasonable price. Slight frost. Elegant packaging. Looks good on my N15 (leaning to NC) skin.

CONS: Some may not like the frost. It can be almost dirty looking, depending on the lighting.

****There is a review for this with the name misspelled as "Color" instead of "Colour."****

on 5/5/2010 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Sandstone is a gorgeous color. This color reminds me of the color of a penny (copper) but with a beautiful shimmer to it. I'm so glad I bought this. This one is working it's way up to my everyday lipstick because it goes well with any look. It stays on for quite a while also.I am really loving the color riche line. I love how moisturizing they feel too.

on 2/5/2010 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is one of my favorite lipsticks. It's a brown with a hint of red and beige. It's almost metallicy, but not chromey or anything, still subtle enough to wear every day. Like others, I find it difficult to describe. It has good lasting power for a lipstick. Not like the long wears where you can eat through them but it'll sit on your lips for hours otherwise. Great lipstick.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's so shimmery without being frosty. I consider it metallic almost. It looks like many colors combined with some pink, bronze, and gold. Depending on which way the light reflects. My first tube of this was in High School too! :) Some of the girls in my class had it and I tried it out. While it was never an HG for me, it brings back fond memories.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my HG lipstick color and has been since high school (I'm getting ready for my 20 year reunion!) Although, back then I don't think there was a color riche line. Either way, I love love love this color. It's the perfect nude with some color. I'm Italian on my father's side so I have the olive complexion, black/brown hair and dark brown eyes. This color compliments my skin tone perfectly without screaming out that I'm 'all made up". I love the smell, the consistency, the taste even! It's described as a "light beige pearl with a hint of pink". I can't say enough good things about this color. This line of lipstick also does a wonderful job of keeping my lips soft and hydrated with the Omega 3 oils! Although, it might not be the perfect color for everyone. But, if your skin tone and coloring are similar to mine and you're looking for a somewhat nude color with a nice shimmer to it, I would definitely recommend this!