bareMinerals iQuad Eyeshadow Compact Quad

No Image

3.7

on 1/18/2011 9:36:00 AM

I have recently been getting more and more into mineral make up, it lasts so long and looks so fresh. I got the bare minerals eyeshadow quad from Debenhams in the January sales, reduced from 20 down to 15. I would definately say it is worth the full price so a bargain at the sale price!

It contains a light gold, dark green, dark bronzey brown and a black. You can obviously create many different looks by mixing several shades together, you can use with moisturiser to make it more creamy or you can just use them individually and create a foiled look.
The packaging its in is good, it is 4 powders in one palette and on the palette lid there are 4 individual lids which come down to cover the holes to stop the eyeshadow escaping, although I did drop it once with the palette lid open and therefore lost a bit of each eyeshadow. It comes with a double ended brush, one end is for the 3 coloured eyeshadows and the other is thinner to apply the black more precisely.

They are powders so will ceate a bit of mess on your cheek bones, if you have a fine blusher brusher, than this will wipe it away very well, it may be an idea to put your foundation and blusher on after doing your eyes until you are used to the eyeshadows, especially if you have never used mineral powders before.

The colours are very pigmented so come out lovely and vibrant, you can use a little for a more subtle look or keep piling it on for a more glam look. I have applied the eyeshadows in the morning and they have still been perfect at night with no creasing and very minimal fading.

I would definately recommend this product to anyone who is more than a beginner where make up is concerned.

on 6/7/2010 10:22:00 PM

i have this in "wearable greens". the colors look great on me (NC25), but the packaging is a hot mess. it's impossible to NOT get powder everywhere on the container. this is supposedly "portable", and i wish i could take it along w/me, but i think it'll stay at home where it can't make a mess.

on 3/27/2009 8:17:00 AM

I have "The Works", and I do love the colors. They go very well together, and thery're all great basic colours. The packaging.. Well. I really like the matte, black finish - but it's almost impossible to make it stay that way! It makes me think of a kids colouring set every time I open it. Still, it's handy, and the mess is limited to the inside of the compact: It doesn't find its way outside and into your purse, and it locks firmly. The lids are sturdy and almost better for swirling than the lids of the loose pots. And, when you've finished the shadows, you can fill up the compact with your favorites! And finish it you will, cause there's not that much in it.
Great introduction to BE shadows, and great addition if you want a compact and nice, basic colours.
The brushes are fine I think - the liner brush is a good size (I think it's easier to get even, thin lines with a shorter shaft), and the shadow brush is better than those in a lot of compacts. A good buy!

on 8/18/2008 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have the quad with Climbing Ivory, Citris Twist, Chenille, and Camp. This is an ok palette for me. I only really use Citrus Twist and Camp; Chenille doesn't show up on my skin at all and I find it pointless. The packaging is just a MESS. I hardly reach for this, because I have to clean up afterwards and be so careful opening the pots it's hardly worth it. The shadows also don't have the best staying power. Loose shadows are just not my thing!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this as a gift. The colors are really nice. The brush that comes with it is a little awkward. The worse thing about the compact is that the powder gets everywhere after I open the lid.

This is travel friendly, but unless you like to make a mess, I don't think this is worth the compact size.

on 4/5/2008 3:34:00 PM

I really like this product. I've been careful when opening the little pots, and I haven't found it to be that messy, but maybe when I start traveling with it, etc. I'll think differently. I bought this set (The Works) for the fact that I liked the colors (Retro liner & Twig, Bubby, & Queen Phyllis shadows) and it came with two small brushes (which are great!).

This is my first experience with loose shadows, and I think I'm sold. I absolutely love love love this set. I think this is going to last me quite a while, but I definitely want to try some of the other colors out there in the other iquads.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I got this in Volume 2, Climbing Ivory, Citris Twist, Chenille, and Camp. Overall this is messy. You can use this when your in a hurry, you have to take ur time or youll make a HUGE mess. The pots are VERY small not worth the 30 dollars. The brush is cute, but its just not work the money.

on 11/22/2007 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I got this as a gift and the colors are great. I agree with the other poster though because it's SO easy to lose shadow here. Honestly I'm kind of starting to hate loose shadow after all of BE's shadows! So messy! But the colors are beautiful and the case is cool but really not practical because of the loose shadows. Even when I took the protective paper or whatever off the top of the shadows, it went everywhere! But these are colors I'll wear every day so I'm happy they're good colors.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This pallette includes three eyeshadows,.07 oz Chenille (light ivory), Camp (bronze), and Citrus Twist (golden pink), a .07 oz Liner Shadow in Climbing Ivy (shimmering golden olive), plus a mini Heavenly Eyeshadow Buffing Brush.

These colors are housed in a black mirrored compact, with snap off lids on the little (and I do mean LITTLE) pots. It is a good attempt at a portable, travel friendly eye pallette, but it fails because no matter how hard you try, loose eyeshadow is messy. You will spill the eyeshadow outside the pots and you will get it all over the interior of the pallette.I really do not care for the brush that is included, as it is too big for liner, but too small, tedious, and rough for eyeshadow.

Packaging complaints aside, I do like the colors of the shadows. Chenille is a soft vanilla shade, good under the brow or as a soft wash. Citrus twist is pinky/peachy with shimmer, and can be used wet to intensify the color. Camp is a good basic bronzey shimmery shade, great for lining or using in the crease as well. Climbing Ivy is a golden olive with shimmer, great for crease, contour, or lining. All shadows wear well and last with minimal creasing.

Would I repurchase again? Yes, and likely will have to, as I said before, the pots are LITTLE. Even though Bare Escentual's eyeshadows typically take forever to use up, the amounts in these pots + the spillage factor = going through the shadow quickly.