Aveda Yatra

No Image

4.3

on 4/5/2009 7:13:00 PM

This is initally a chypre on me with a little mint and then it goes straight to deep incense. It smells like a yoga shop or something which is nice - depending on your leanings ! The incense drydown lasts and lasts. It's a little to raw and new age for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I fell in love w/this scent right away and bought it. The SA had it on and her chemistry really brought out the vanilla...it smelled incredible on her. It smelled good on me though as well and I could swear I smelled some patchouli on me (although it's not listed as an ingredient). Some of the other SA's said it didn't smell good on them at all, so SAMPLE FIRST. Sadly after 2 days of wearing this I had a pretty bad allergic reaction...bumps, redness, itching...so back it went. The only essential oil I know I'm allergic to is Roman Chamomile (sounds crazy but apparently isn't that uncommon) so I have the SA checking w/Aveda to see if that's an ingredient. I bet it is and I bet it's also an ingredient in their 'All-Sensitive' line which also irritated the heck out of me after 1 use. A lot of people seem to have had that problem w/the All-Sensitive line though...go figure! The new Chakra line also gave me a bad reaction!!!

on 1/25/2008 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

In the past ten years, I've probably purchased two fragrances, so am not an expert or big fan of scents generally. But I was in the Aveda store a few days ago and spritzed some of this on while waiting for the SE. Wow--I was blown away! The scent lasted all day (a good thing since I liked it) and didn't give me a headache as most fragrances do (probably because of the number of organic, natural ingredients). It also kept a consistent scent all day and didn't turn into something totally different on my skin over time. I returned that very evening to purchase Yatra despite the fact that it is *really* expensive imo ($70/30ml). If you like the smell of Aveda products generally, you'll like this scent.

This is my favorite fragrance right now. However, the first minute or two upon initially putting it on is really disconcerting...I'll let you find out for yourself. Give it a couple of minutes before you form your opinion.

According to Aveda's website, the notes involved are organic rose, lavender, spicy sandalwood and potent rose geranium. I usually gravitate towards exceedingly natural, earthy scents...things that remind me of wood, incense and lavender. Yatra captures the essence of all three, perfectly.

I wear Yatra as a comfort scent, usually after work when I'm trying to wind down and relax.

Popular Fragrances