4.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

17 years ago

Kevyn Aucoin is an inspiration to me as an artist and as a person - he was truly great, the top of his profession, and we are so lucky to be blessed with his work in printed form.

About reviewer (1606 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

17 years ago

This is a such an interesting book! Kevyn's words and art are truly inspirational and motivational. The fact that he turned Martha Stewart into a bombshell let's me know that anything can be accomplished with makeup. Kevyn was an artist without rival and this explains why. If you want a basic makeup book get Kevyn's Art of Makeup. This is more of an advanced makeup book or a great coffee table book because the images are so fascinating.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Dark, Cool

HairBrown, Relaxed, Coarse

17 years ago

I like this book. I must admit the main reason in me buying this book was the Maria Callas section, I adore her! Mr. Aucoin tells you what colors and how to apply them to the face, although he does not go into brands. The only downfall was that in some sections he gets a little political and I hate being preached too, but that's just me:)

About reviewer (302 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

17 years ago

I hesitated in buying this book, since I already owned the previous one "Making Faces". But I bought this, since it's a true inspiration. It's amazing what he could do with makeup - and if you're in a beauty rut, just try some of his fabulous ideas. I'm not a makeup artist (I just love makeup!), but was a true fan of Kevyn Aucoin - he had a big heart and an even bigger talent. There is no one else out there who had this amazing combination. He is missed.

About reviewer (328 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrown

17 years ago

A definitely unique tome! Very fun to see the different and amazing celebrity makeovers. It is nothing that came off to me as personally useful in any way, but in the name of sheer fun, it is not bad!

About reviewer (209 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Tan, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

17 years ago

"Face Forward" is the perfect companion to Kevin Aucoin's previous book "Making Faces". Again, he uses various clients to illustrate different makeup techniques, but this time he shows how makeup can be literally transforming as well as enhancing. There are some really amazing before and after photos in this, and I never thought the actress Calista Flockhart (from Ally McBeal) could look like Audrey Hepburn until I opened this book. The transformations are all great and awe inspiring. This book really makes me appreciate what cosmetics can do for appearances.

About reviewer (1072 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

17 years ago

This book is amazing, I think I like it even better than Making Faces...I can flip throught it for hours and hours, literally, this is the book I keep beside my couch so whenever a commericial comes on I pick it up and look through it, there is always something new to find...The pictures are amazing, the makeup transformations of celebritys into Hollywood Legends is amazing...He also showcases his sisters and mother, and also some normal everday people in this one...just beautiful work, by a make up giant...what a loss to the Beauty world...A true legacy.

About reviewer (474 reviews)

Age25-29

HairOther

EyesOther

17 years ago

His work is (and always was) gorgeous! His transformations are unbelievable, his tips are great, his techniques are simple to learn, and I love how he gives the book a personal touch by talking about his own life and experiences. Gorgeous photos, but some of them are a little over-airbrushed for a book that's supposed to be about make-up. Love it and love him!

About reviewer (90 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

17 years ago

I really like this. I think his work was brilliant. I like the step by step instructions even though I doubt I'd end not looking like the celebs do! Still, it is fun to look at the natural faces, people in history, and fanciful characters. And to my surprise, I find myself reading this many times!

About reviewer (135 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

HairOther

EyesOther

17 years ago

I leafed through this at the library a couple times. I adore seeing makeovers and it is even more interesting when celebrities are the subjects! He really transformed the women and brought out their beauty. He was such a great artist!

About reviewer (753 reviews)

HairBrunette