3.6

price range

Reviews

1.0

3 years ago

Recommended by my dermatologist for my sensitive and acne-prone skin (I have combination skin). This lotion is really simple, silicone and petroleum. It seems like I'm with the group of people who can't tolerate high amount of silicone and petroleum in one product. Like many reviews here, I started to have many clogged pores as well as small whiteheads after one week of use day and night. It was starting to become more apparent than before. Never had clogged pores on my nose, but since using this lotion, I now do! I haven't change anything in my routine except adding this moisturizer. This lotion is somewhat thick and tacky. There will be a layer on your skin as it won't absorb completely. It might make your pores more apparent and also cling to your dry patches. It is also hard to wash off if your cleanser is very gentle. You might need to double cleanse. IMO it won't moisturize well dry to very dry skin or if you are using acne prescription. It is like a protective layer over your skin and underneath it, it will kind of feel dry-dehydrated. In brief, if you have somewhat dry-dehydrated skin but not that severe and also have no problem with high amount of silicone and petroleum clogging your pores, than this is a bland, no-frills moisturizer you could try. I wouldn't repurchase. Ingredients: Aqua, Cyclomethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Petrolatum, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Sorbic Acid

About reviewer (74 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

4 years ago

I absolutely love this cleanser. After going through a month of trying new products including cliniderm, I found I always ended up using the cliniderm products cause my skin would drink it up and not react. I have sensitive skin, so any fragrance is a huge nono. Even though the smell is weird, I got use to it fast. Will update if I see any difference in my skin. So far so good!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesBrown

2.0

5 years ago

This lotion was on sale at Shoppers this month and I got a tube. At first it was ok, then within two weeks I started to get pimples. It felt so good on my skin...why does this always happen to me?

About reviewer (318 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Olive, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBrown

5 years ago

This is a godsend in the winter for aging (56) dry skin. In the last couple of years I have started peeling around the edges of the cheeks and jaw if I don't hyper-moisturize, and I also get super sensitive to everything. This lotion is perfect for prevention and for recovery. If I am starting to get tight and dry, I lay it on really REALLY thick - like visible white thick - but in 5 minutes it is absorbed. Sunscreen on top, primer etc. and I'm set. I'm about to order another couple of tubes in case PharmacyMix runs out. Love it and hope it will never go away. HG moisturizer for winter-sensitive skin.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination

HairBrown

3.0

6 years ago

EDIT: took two lippies off. been using this for about 3-4 months now and i'm starting to think that its contributing to my skin issues. I've been battling acne forever (the cystic kind) but the clogged pore/ blackhead thing is new to me. I couldn't figure out why was happening (especially since I've had three months of tactuo/epiduo) but as soon as i cut back on this those little clogs went away!! I'm thinking its all the cones.... I might give it another go in a couple months just to be sure. will update then. HG. Another godsend from Cliniderm. I use their cleanser too. Keeps me moisturized, don't have to apply too much. Hasn't broken me out (nothing short of a miracle there)!!! Works well under makeup. FINALLY found something that works for me!!! Its been a long journey.

About reviewer (85 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

7 years ago

Just had two Fraxel laser treatment for my acne and chicken pox scars, and I bought this going in knowing I would be peddled some $100 cream by the medi spa. While i did cave on some anti-bacterial lotion, i flat out refused the creams since this creme is exactly what you want: No parabens, lanolin, dyes, perfumes or proteins. I have used it to great relief, and the 100 ml bottle will have sufficient capacity to carry me through me 3 treatments. If you are having a cosmetic skin procedure, consider this for your aftercare as it is a great product for a very good price.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

8 years ago

WHAT IS IT? Light water-based moisturizer that does not contain fatty acids, protein, fragrance, oils, or formaldehyde-releasing preservatives INGREDIENTS: Aqua, Cyclomethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Petrolatum, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Sorbic Acid HOW DOES IT PERFORM? This is an excellent water-based lotion rich in silicones and a small amount of petrolatum that does not burn or sting and feels very soothing after shaving or during dry weather. If occlusive ingredients cause you to flush as they do me (due to heat entrapment) be sure to apply this lightly due to the petrolatum content. This is far far lighter than either Vanciream/Cliniderm (same stuff, different names in US/Canada) regular cream - NB: This product is not available in the US and is not the same as Vanicream Lite Lotion. This contains no stearates, cetyl alcohol, or oils so it does not aggravate my seborrheic dermatitis. It is not the most moisturizing lotion in the world so don't expect it to help severely dry skin but this will work for combination types. WOULD YOU BUY AGAIN? Yes this is an affordable alternative to Toleriane Fluide without the squalane which I cannot use. PRICE: $16.99 CAD - Canadians can find this in most drugstores, Americans can order from well.ca which ships to the US

About reviewer (40 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

9 years ago

I just bought this lotion and have been using it for the past couple of days. I recently tried the Clinique DDMG and it gave me a rash and made me break out like something vicious. I needed a new moisturizer that would not clog more pores and be suitable for my sensitive dry skin. This was recommended to me on the Skin Care Board, so I checked out the ingredients and the reviews and went over to Shoppers to pick some up. I haven't noticed a difference in my acne, but I do not think this is making it worse. I also like the texture of this lotion and it leaves my skin feeling soft through the entire day! No more dry skin or flakes! I will update this later to see how it is working out.....

About reviewer (90 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

2.0

9 years ago

I have been using this lotion for about 6 months now and really like it as it does not make me break out and it helps soothe my itchy, sensitive skin. UPDATE: I had to stop using this as I think it started to break me out.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

12 years ago

I used to use this for my very sensitive, reactive skin but strayed away from it for a while, despite being pushed to go back on it by dermatologists. I've recently gone back on it because I've recently started a prescription retinoid cream (Differin cream) so I want to make sure my skin isn't being irritated by any other products. It's absolutely non-irritating, even when I use it around my eyes. This stuff was created specifically for the most sensitive skin out there, so I feel very safe using it. It's not the greatest base for under makeup (which is one of the reasons I stopped using it for a while) but it's not too, too bad. It's not greasy but it still leaves the feeling of something on the surface of your skin, which I'd just prefer not to have. Jamieson's Vitamin E Daily Defense Balancing lotion was a better base for under makeup because it smoothed everything out but completely absorbed so that your skin felt comfortable and soft but you couldn't tell there was anything on it. My skin drank it up like water. However, I since switched away from that again because although it didn't appear to be irritating me or breaking me out, they can't claim for it to be non-comedogenic and I wanted to avoid anything that may affect the results of my treatment with the Differin cream. I also liked that the Jamieson lotion had anti-aging properties, which this Cliniderm lotion does not, but I still know this is my safest bet for my sensitive, problem-prone skin.

About reviewer (221 reviews)

Age19-24