The Body Shop Aloe Protective Serum

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
The Body Shop Aloe Protective Serum

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Water, Pentylene Glycol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Lanolin, Polysilicone-11, Sodium Hydroxide, Bisabolol, Lecithin, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Avena Sativa (Oat) Bran Extract.

on 8/31/2015 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I live this stuff. I don't really like moisturizers and will use this stuff instead. It doesn't really smell like anything to me. Not scented, not aloe, but a light smell that's barely there. It's not heavy at all, it instantly feels like you don't have anything on your face. Makes a good makeup base. I got it on sale for $10 I don't know if I'd pay $22.

on 4/6/2013 12:18:00 AM

I'm now onto my second 'tube' of this serum, and I can safely say that it works wonders on my skin.
I have some scarring on one of my cheeks from a terrible time with pimples two years ago, and when I use this serum, it helps to calm my skin and make take the redness out of the scarring.
I use it underneath the Aloe Vera night cream / day cream, but I know that it's not those creams that make the difference to the scarring, becasue when the serum ran out, the scarring appeared darker.
I also found that when I wasn't using it that the Aloe Vera moisturisers weren't quite moisturising enough on their own which was quite interesting, as I have combination skin.
I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who suffers from sensitive skin + scarring, as it really does seem to help.
Only things I have noticed about the product that I don't really like is that when I first put it on, it tingles a little bit on my face. This doesn't last too long, and doesn't irritate it. I also think that it smells a little bit strange, but once it has soaked in, there is no smell.

on 12/22/2010 12:24:00 AM

I got this at 50% off, but I'm still not particularly happy with it. It absorbs well, and doesn't irritate, but I haven't noticed any increase in moisturization or decrease in skin sensitivity. I'll keep using it until it's gone, but unless its effects are accumulative I won't bother repurchasing. \(_)/

on 7/25/2009 2:22:00 AM

didn't really do anything for me. i use the aloe day spf and night cream daily/nightly, and love both. this serum just didn't react well with my skin. pores seemed to clog more often when this stuff was added to my daily routine. it's pricey, so make sure you get a sample or two before putting your money on table.