The Body Shop Aloe Protective Serum

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
The Body Shop Aloe Protective Serum

2.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Water, Pentylene Glycol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Lanolin, Polysilicone-11, Sodium Hydroxide, Bisabolol, Lecithin, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Avena Sativa (Oat) Bran Extract.

on 2/14/2016 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've purchase this 3 times, but I'm still not sure if it's that great.

Pros:
- Dries down quickly
- Fragrance free
- Packaging is good

Cons:
- Burns my skin around the nose
- Not sure if it does anything

on 12/6/2012 11:17:00 PM

I didn't have problem with body shop's body butter before, and since i never tried their facial skincare line, I picked up something during the black friday sale.

Used it about a week or so, every night after shower when i put it on, that burning feeling started to happen, and my face turn so red, (well, more like a sunburn skintone color) Tonight was the night I didn't put this on after shower, MY FACE IS NORMAL AGAIN!! that reddish skintone disappeared right away.

I believe it would be a wonderful product if it suitable for your skin. I had no luck with this product at all. I may try another facial product from body shop on the future, just not anything from the aloe line.

on 5/28/2012 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hmm this isn't a bad product per se, but just a nothing one really. I like the packaging and the feel on my skin but it really doesn't DO anything, no special anti aging or moisturising abilities. There is nothing special in there and it's just a very boring serum, it's also very expensive! I wouldn't recommend, save your money for a good serum!

on 10/18/2011 10:17:00 AM

I liked this serum initially: no perfume and aloe vera which my skin likes. However, the more I used this (I've used up half of the amount and it's been 3-4 months since purchase) I noticed that the serum felt packed with silicones. It goes on smoothly which can indicate that there are silicones in it (have checked the ingredient list to confirm that it does contain silicones) but that prevents my skin from getting better. Silicones really aren't suitable in a skin care product like this one, it just creates a shield and doesn't let my skin breath.

I have tried both vit e serum and aloe vera serum from the body shop. They perform equally bad: no benefits, no moisture, and no real protection. I think the vit e facial oil is really good though as a multitasker. It protects my face from icy winds and works very well blended with other products as a moisture boost :)

on 3/10/2011 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I've read all of the reviews about this product and i don't know why everyone doesn't really like it. I love this product! It's the first serum i've bought and enjoyed using!
Pros: Moisturizes very well.
:Makes my skin really soft
:Can just use this as my day moisturizes
Cons: Smells kinda weird -.-
I think im going to buy this again unless i can find another one :)

on 1/3/2011 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't really know why I bought this product? My deep seeded need to try and test new products? Anyway, I don't really understand this product. It's meant to be a pre-moisturiser? So your meant to cleanse, tone, then put this serum on THEN a moisturiser? It feels like too many steps to me.

I prefer a good toner before a moisturiser anyway. This is a very simple serum, it sinks into the skin really well. It doesn't offer any moisture at all. This is a bit of a nothing product for me. It made no difference to the look or feel of my skin at all. So I don't use it anymore.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The aloe range is the only TBS facial range that I can use on my skin, but I find that the moisturisers in the series leave a siliconey feel on my skin and eventually contribute to congested pores. It's similar with this product. While this sinks in quickly and does not leave a plasticky slickness, I always seem to end up with bumps and blocked pores after using this for a while. Shame. Makes a good base for makeup, but that's about all. It is originally designed to be worn under an extra moisturiser, which seems overkill to me--and I have dry skin. Overall, I like the Aloe range for its cleansers but not for any of the moisturizers, inlcuding this one.