The Body Shop Aloe Protective Serum

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
The Body Shop Aloe Protective Serum

2.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Water, Pentylene Glycol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Lanolin, Polysilicone-11, Sodium Hydroxide, Bisabolol, Lecithin, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Avena Sativa (Oat) Bran Extract.

on 2/14/2016 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've purchase this 3 times, but I'm still not sure if it's that great.

Pros:
- Dries down quickly
- Fragrance free
- Packaging is good

Cons:
- Burns my skin around the nose
- Not sure if it does anything

on 11/16/2014 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

UPDATE - JAN 2017: I've had to stop using this, along with all the Aloe products from TBS and any products containing Aloe Vera. It seems the older I get, the more intolerant my skin is becoming, and I've found recently that any product with Aloe Vera in it causes my skin to react very badly. I'm leaving the original score I gave it, as at the time I did love this, but sadly my relationship with the TBS Aloe range is now officially over.

I have oily/combination skin which is also super-sensitive, so I have to be careful about the products I use on my face. However, I figured this might be okay as it has aloe in it which is supposed to be calming and suitable for sensitive skin like mine, and it doesn't contain any fragrance, colour, alcohol or preservatives.

I'm already on my second bottle of this, which goes to show how much I like it! I apply this morning and evening, after cleansing my face but before applying my usual moisturiser. It has a very light consistency and sinks into my skin really well, without leaving it feeling greasy. My moisturiser applies really easily over the top of it too and although it took me a while to get used to applying two 'face creams', it hasn't had any adverse effects like causing loads of breakouts or making my skin really oily.

The only downside I can think of with this is that it's quite pricey for how much you get - �12.00 for 30ml bottle - which means it doesn't last that long when you're using it twice a day. And when you're working to a budget, that can be a real deal-breaker. However, given the results I've seen since using this - softer, plumper skin, and a reduction in breakouts and acne scars - I would be willing to relinquish something else in favour of repurchasing this again and again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I dont know why I bought this, other than it was half price! It's ok, nothing bad to say about it, but dont really think its done anything for my skin, so wont be repurchased

on 12/6/2012 11:17:00 PM

I didn't have problem with body shop's body butter before, and since i never tried their facial skincare line, I picked up something during the black friday sale.

Used it about a week or so, every night after shower when i put it on, that burning feeling started to happen, and my face turn so red, (well, more like a sunburn skintone color) Tonight was the night I didn't put this on after shower, MY FACE IS NORMAL AGAIN!! that reddish skintone disappeared right away.

I believe it would be a wonderful product if it suitable for your skin. I had no luck with this product at all. I may try another facial product from body shop on the future, just not anything from the aloe line.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this product at the recommendation of a sales associate in the store, I have troubled acne prone skin, and I work outside year round so I am always exposed to the elements she said it would be helpful to me. However, I found that when I applied the serum, it really stung my face. Also, after many months of use I really don't think it does anything. I will definintely not be repurchasing this product.

on 10/18/2011 10:17:00 AM

I liked this serum initially: no perfume and aloe vera which my skin likes. However, the more I used this (I've used up half of the amount and it's been 3-4 months since purchase) I noticed that the serum felt packed with silicones. It goes on smoothly which can indicate that there are silicones in it (have checked the ingredient list to confirm that it does contain silicones) but that prevents my skin from getting better. Silicones really aren't suitable in a skin care product like this one, it just creates a shield and doesn't let my skin breath.

I have tried both vit e serum and aloe vera serum from the body shop. They perform equally bad: no benefits, no moisture, and no real protection. I think the vit e facial oil is really good though as a multitasker. It protects my face from icy winds and works very well blended with other products as a moisture boost :)

on 1/3/2011 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't really know why I bought this product? My deep seeded need to try and test new products? Anyway, I don't really understand this product. It's meant to be a pre-moisturiser? So your meant to cleanse, tone, then put this serum on THEN a moisturiser? It feels like too many steps to me.

I prefer a good toner before a moisturiser anyway. This is a very simple serum, it sinks into the skin really well. It doesn't offer any moisture at all. This is a bit of a nothing product for me. It made no difference to the look or feel of my skin at all. So I don't use it anymore.

on 12/22/2010 9:11:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Pros: no harsh ingredients, skin feels calm, supple and moisturized after immediate application.

Cons: moisturizing effect does not last long, no other active ingredients for treatment purposes for the price-tag paid, e.g. some anti-oxidants, extra hydrating agent will be good.

on 12/22/2010 12:24:00 AM

I got this at 50% off, but I'm still not particularly happy with it. It absorbs well, and doesn't irritate, but I haven't noticed any increase in moisturization or decrease in skin sensitivity. I'll keep using it until it's gone, but unless its effects are accumulative I won't bother repurchasing. \(_)/