The Body Shop Aloe Protective Serum

Filtered by skin type : Combination
The Body Shop Aloe Protective Serum

2.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Water, Pentylene Glycol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Lanolin, Polysilicone-11, Sodium Hydroxide, Bisabolol, Lecithin, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Avena Sativa (Oat) Bran Extract.

on 12/6/2012 11:17:00 PM

I didn't have problem with body shop's body butter before, and since i never tried their facial skincare line, I picked up something during the black friday sale.

Used it about a week or so, every night after shower when i put it on, that burning feeling started to happen, and my face turn so red, (well, more like a sunburn skintone color) Tonight was the night I didn't put this on after shower, MY FACE IS NORMAL AGAIN!! that reddish skintone disappeared right away.

I believe it would be a wonderful product if it suitable for your skin. I had no luck with this product at all. I may try another facial product from body shop on the future, just not anything from the aloe line.

on 10/18/2011 10:17:00 AM

I liked this serum initially: no perfume and aloe vera which my skin likes. However, the more I used this (I've used up half of the amount and it's been 3-4 months since purchase) I noticed that the serum felt packed with silicones. It goes on smoothly which can indicate that there are silicones in it (have checked the ingredient list to confirm that it does contain silicones) but that prevents my skin from getting better. Silicones really aren't suitable in a skin care product like this one, it just creates a shield and doesn't let my skin breath.

I have tried both vit e serum and aloe vera serum from the body shop. They perform equally bad: no benefits, no moisture, and no real protection. I think the vit e facial oil is really good though as a multitasker. It protects my face from icy winds and works very well blended with other products as a moisture boost :)

on 7/12/2011 3:13:00 AM

I liked this product, it helped sooth my dry skin and provided an extra layer of moisturiser to my skin as well as my day moisteriser. But other than that it didn't really do anything. The product was quite pointless to me, and although I liked the product the more I used it the more I wondered what it was actually for. I'm not buying this product or any other serum again.

on 12/22/2010 9:11:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Pros: no harsh ingredients, skin feels calm, supple and moisturized after immediate application.

Cons: moisturizing effect does not last long, no other active ingredients for treatment purposes for the price-tag paid, e.g. some anti-oxidants, extra hydrating agent will be good.

on 12/22/2010 12:24:00 AM

I got this at 50% off, but I'm still not particularly happy with it. It absorbs well, and doesn't irritate, but I haven't noticed any increase in moisturization or decrease in skin sensitivity. I'll keep using it until it's gone, but unless its effects are accumulative I won't bother repurchasing. \(_)/

on 11/17/2007 3:10:00 AM

This is a new range under the aloe vera series. I have tried the aloe vera day cream but it's quite oily on my oily skin.
This comes in a nice pump and SA said has to use it within 6 months as it has no perservatives.
It's quite a light texture and i have tested it on my hands. Leave a smooth dry feeling after it.
Have not tried it on face though.