The Body Shop Aloe Protective Serum

The Body Shop Aloe Protective Serum

3.0

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Water, Pentylene Glycol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Lanolin, Polysilicone-11, Sodium Hydroxide, Bisabolol, Lecithin, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Avena Sativa (Oat) Bran Extract.

on 8/31/2015 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I live this stuff. I don't really like moisturizers and will use this stuff instead. It doesn't really smell like anything to me. Not scented, not aloe, but a light smell that's barely there. It's not heavy at all, it instantly feels like you don't have anything on your face. Makes a good makeup base. I got it on sale for $10 I don't know if I'd pay $22.

on 4/6/2013 12:18:00 AM

I'm now onto my second 'tube' of this serum, and I can safely say that it works wonders on my skin.
I have some scarring on one of my cheeks from a terrible time with pimples two years ago, and when I use this serum, it helps to calm my skin and make take the redness out of the scarring.
I use it underneath the Aloe Vera night cream / day cream, but I know that it's not those creams that make the difference to the scarring, becasue when the serum ran out, the scarring appeared darker.
I also found that when I wasn't using it that the Aloe Vera moisturisers weren't quite moisturising enough on their own which was quite interesting, as I have combination skin.
I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who suffers from sensitive skin + scarring, as it really does seem to help.
Only things I have noticed about the product that I don't really like is that when I first put it on, it tingles a little bit on my face. This doesn't last too long, and doesn't irritate it. I also think that it smells a little bit strange, but once it has soaked in, there is no smell.

on 3/10/2011 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I've read all of the reviews about this product and i don't know why everyone doesn't really like it. I love this product! It's the first serum i've bought and enjoyed using!
Pros: Moisturizes very well.
:Makes my skin really soft
:Can just use this as my day moisturizes
Cons: Smells kinda weird -.-
I think im going to buy this again unless i can find another one :)

on 11/19/2009 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff. It totally calms down my very sensitive skin in the morning and hence makes it easier to then apply daycream and make up. I do find Body Shop stuff a bit pricey though b

on 11/16/2014 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

UPDATE - JAN 2017: I've had to stop using this, along with all the Aloe products from TBS and any products containing Aloe Vera. It seems the older I get, the more intolerant my skin is becoming, and I've found recently that any product with Aloe Vera in it causes my skin to react very badly. I'm leaving the original score I gave it, as at the time I did love this, but sadly my relationship with the TBS Aloe range is now officially over.

I have oily/combination skin which is also super-sensitive, so I have to be careful about the products I use on my face. However, I figured this might be okay as it has aloe in it which is supposed to be calming and suitable for sensitive skin like mine, and it doesn't contain any fragrance, colour, alcohol or preservatives.

I'm already on my second bottle of this, which goes to show how much I like it! I apply this morning and evening, after cleansing my face but before applying my usual moisturiser. It has a very light consistency and sinks into my skin really well, without leaving it feeling greasy. My moisturiser applies really easily over the top of it too and although it took me a while to get used to applying two 'face creams', it hasn't had any adverse effects like causing loads of breakouts or making my skin really oily.

The only downside I can think of with this is that it's quite pricey for how much you get - �12.00 for 30ml bottle - which means it doesn't last that long when you're using it twice a day. And when you're working to a budget, that can be a real deal-breaker. However, given the results I've seen since using this - softer, plumper skin, and a reduction in breakouts and acne scars - I would be willing to relinquish something else in favour of repurchasing this again and again!

on 12/22/2010 9:11:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Pros: no harsh ingredients, skin feels calm, supple and moisturized after immediate application.

Cons: moisturizing effect does not last long, no other active ingredients for treatment purposes for the price-tag paid, e.g. some anti-oxidants, extra hydrating agent will be good.

on 3/29/2009 11:07:00 PM

I think i love this product since it can easily absorb into ur skin very fast and totally moisturize ur skin. I used to have breaks out and my forehead is always red. However, that problem is totally gone after using this product. I think it's totally good with sensitive skin since i have sensitive skin and i have lots of problems due to my sensitivity. this product can really serve my needs and solve out my skin problems.

on 2/10/2009 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I find that this product works great when you apply it just before you put on one of your moisturisers.

I haven't noticed anything bad about this product but I'm only working through a sample that was given to me. It seems to last awhile. I've also not had any direct problems from using it.

on 2/14/2016 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've purchase this 3 times, but I'm still not sure if it's that great.

Pros:
- Dries down quickly
- Fragrance free
- Packaging is good

Cons:
- Burns my skin around the nose
- Not sure if it does anything

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I dont know why I bought this, other than it was half price! It's ok, nothing bad to say about it, but dont really think its done anything for my skin, so wont be repurchased