The Body Shop Aloe Protective Serum

Filtered by age: 36-43
The Body Shop Aloe Protective Serum

3.7

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Water, Pentylene Glycol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Lanolin, Polysilicone-11, Sodium Hydroxide, Bisabolol, Lecithin, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Avena Sativa (Oat) Bran Extract.

on 11/16/2014 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

UPDATE - JAN 2017: I've had to stop using this, along with all the Aloe products from TBS and any products containing Aloe Vera. It seems the older I get, the more intolerant my skin is becoming, and I've found recently that any product with Aloe Vera in it causes my skin to react very badly. I'm leaving the original score I gave it, as at the time I did love this, but sadly my relationship with the TBS Aloe range is now officially over.

I have oily/combination skin which is also super-sensitive, so I have to be careful about the products I use on my face. However, I figured this might be okay as it has aloe in it which is supposed to be calming and suitable for sensitive skin like mine, and it doesn't contain any fragrance, colour, alcohol or preservatives.

I'm already on my second bottle of this, which goes to show how much I like it! I apply this morning and evening, after cleansing my face but before applying my usual moisturiser. It has a very light consistency and sinks into my skin really well, without leaving it feeling greasy. My moisturiser applies really easily over the top of it too and although it took me a while to get used to applying two 'face creams', it hasn't had any adverse effects like causing loads of breakouts or making my skin really oily.

The only downside I can think of with this is that it's quite pricey for how much you get - �12.00 for 30ml bottle - which means it doesn't last that long when you're using it twice a day. And when you're working to a budget, that can be a real deal-breaker. However, given the results I've seen since using this - softer, plumper skin, and a reduction in breakouts and acne scars - I would be willing to relinquish something else in favour of repurchasing this again and again!

on 3/23/2013 2:35:00 PM

Like some users I feel burning on my face every time I apply. I don't understand. Isn't,t for sensitive skin???

on 11/19/2009 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff. It totally calms down my very sensitive skin in the morning and hence makes it easier to then apply daycream and make up. I do find Body Shop stuff a bit pricey though b