The Body Shop Aloe Protective Serum

Filtered by age: 19-24
The Body Shop Aloe Protective Serum

2.7

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Water, Pentylene Glycol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Lanolin, Polysilicone-11, Sodium Hydroxide, Bisabolol, Lecithin, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Avena Sativa (Oat) Bran Extract.

on 7/31/2014 3:02:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

this is not oily but it gave me break outs after few days.
I can't stand the odor.

on 12/6/2012 11:17:00 PM

I didn't have problem with body shop's body butter before, and since i never tried their facial skincare line, I picked up something during the black friday sale.

Used it about a week or so, every night after shower when i put it on, that burning feeling started to happen, and my face turn so red, (well, more like a sunburn skintone color) Tonight was the night I didn't put this on after shower, MY FACE IS NORMAL AGAIN!! that reddish skintone disappeared right away.

I believe it would be a wonderful product if it suitable for your skin. I had no luck with this product at all. I may try another facial product from body shop on the future, just not anything from the aloe line.

on 7/12/2011 3:13:00 AM

I liked this product, it helped sooth my dry skin and provided an extra layer of moisturiser to my skin as well as my day moisteriser. But other than that it didn't really do anything. The product was quite pointless to me, and although I liked the product the more I used it the more I wondered what it was actually for. I'm not buying this product or any other serum again.

on 1/3/2011 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't really know why I bought this product? My deep seeded need to try and test new products? Anyway, I don't really understand this product. It's meant to be a pre-moisturiser? So your meant to cleanse, tone, then put this serum on THEN a moisturiser? It feels like too many steps to me.

I prefer a good toner before a moisturiser anyway. This is a very simple serum, it sinks into the skin really well. It doesn't offer any moisture at all. This is a bit of a nothing product for me. It made no difference to the look or feel of my skin at all. So I don't use it anymore.

on 12/22/2010 12:24:00 AM

I got this at 50% off, but I'm still not particularly happy with it. It absorbs well, and doesn't irritate, but I haven't noticed any increase in moisturization or decrease in skin sensitivity. I'll keep using it until it's gone, but unless its effects are accumulative I won't bother repurchasing. \(_)/

on 3/29/2009 11:07:00 PM

I think i love this product since it can easily absorb into ur skin very fast and totally moisturize ur skin. I used to have breaks out and my forehead is always red. However, that problem is totally gone after using this product. I think it's totally good with sensitive skin since i have sensitive skin and i have lots of problems due to my sensitivity. this product can really serve my needs and solve out my skin problems.

on 2/10/2009 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I find that this product works great when you apply it just before you put on one of your moisturisers.

I haven't noticed anything bad about this product but I'm only working through a sample that was given to me. It seems to last awhile. I've also not had any direct problems from using it.