MAC Matte Eyeshadow - Brown Script

Matte Eyeshadow - Brown Scriptscript

4.8

on 1/27/2015 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Love love love love looove this. I really can't stress enough what a perfect shade this is for us tanner (warmer) girls looking for a reddish brown shadow. Very pigmented

on 7/17/2013 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Brown script is an amazing warm-toned brown(duh) eyeshadow that is one of the few colors that shows up vividly on my NC40-42 brown skin.

I usually blend it into my crease with all my looks. Or, if I am doing a Kim Kardashian smokey dark eye, I also pack it on to my entire lid and it looks gorgeous. It can be combined with a variety of different colors both cool toned and warm toned.

It is a must-have for your collection. I will always make sure I have this in my kit. I have a makeup tutorial linked below where I have used it in combination with other MAC eyeshadows so you can get an idea of how to use it. Hope it helps :)

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Just the most amazing and versatile eyeshadow I have in my collection. Honestly, looks like a whole lot of nothing in the pan and I have skipped over many a times, choosing more vibrant colors over this, which I rarely end up using.

The perfect everyday crease color for my olive-tan skin tone (NC37), I use this with a large fluffy brush and blend it into my crease for almost every eye look. Whether it be brown script by itself with a winged cat eye, or to warm up any smokey eye look for nighttime.

It's a reddish brown shade and I would recommend everyone to give it a try, especially those with warm skin tones. And, the matte2 texture is simply divine!

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

A terracotta brown that I plain adore!

Smooth texture that blends and goes on like a dream. Wonderful wonderful wonderful color payoff.

Bought this to bring out the blue in my lenses, if you read other reviews of mine you'll know I've been trying to hunt down some eyeshadows that will do this :D Really looking to make my eye color pop, and this baby does it certainly <3

I've mainly used this as a crease color as well as on my LLL. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Am in lov! But I will try it as a lid color and update you.

Probably my second most fav shade by MAC, Brun being the first.

Suggested Look:
Brun on lid and outer V
Carbon over Brun on the outer V
Brown Script in the crease, blended with Texture
Blanc Type as a highlight and inner corner color
Brun on entire LLL, with Carbon on the outer third of LLL and Brown Script on entire LLL blended a bit further down beneath the Brun and Carbon (so I apply Brown Script first).

Love it, love it, love it forever and ever ;)

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I love, love, love this color! I am the color of a bright copper penny (African American) and so often I have trouble finding anything but a light colored brown that shows on me-but this one is great. Highly, highly pigmented and a very interesting color reddish-brown. Remember the "Indian crayon" from the big box of 81 Crayolas? Yeah, well that's this color. I got a make-up palette from MAC and this and Carbon are the only ones that standout from other lines :( This is one is a must have ladies!

on 7/22/2010 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm really surprised there arent more reviews for brown script. This is a terracota brown colour which looks beautiful in the crease. Its not OTT brown so I can wear it to work and it looks classy. It is very pigmented so I can build it up for a glamour look as well. I like to pair this with woodwinked, goldmine or expensive pink. The matte 2 formula is so blendable! This colour is really unique...I'm glad I came across it and if its discontinued like other MUA users have said than I got lucky!

Video Reviews & Tutorials