MAC Cosmetics Eyeshadow - Brown Script (Matte)

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
MAC Cosmetics Eyeshadow - Brown Script (Matte)
Eyeshadow - Brown Script (Matte)script

4.8

on 12/27/2018 9:40:00 PM

I tackled into the orangey red realm of eyeshadows and am loving it lately. Ive always been scared to try Brown Script because of how red it looks. I guess i just didnt know what to use it with. Ive been experimenting with it more and I love it with Texture and Embark for an autumn leaf toasted toffee dark smokey eye. Its so pretty and a twist on the basic brown smokey eye. Brown Script is the most unique eyeshadow i own, the color is like a red brick or spanish clay. Its ruddy by itself on the eyes so i rarely would use it alone. Ive never liked ashy or pinky colors on my eyes. I cannot do Patina, Omega or Satin Taupe. They make me look sick and bruised. I dont like Haux or Sable because it makes my eyes look tired or have an allergy. Somehow this doesnt do so, i think because it is still a brown base and it just works so so so well with Embark and Texture. I feel that this looks better than Swiss Chocolate. SC is not as pigmented and it looked like Sable without the frost. I am not nearly as excited about it than i am with Brown Script.

This has become a very critical part and addition to my favorite look. Its natural enough for daytime glam and sexy enough for night outs. Id use Brown Script as a transition shade when i do my simple smokey eye with Costa Riche eye kohl all over the lids. This shadow brings out the burgundy purple of Embark, making it look more alive, and making it look less cool tone/less boring brown. Then id use Texture, which is great to transition Brown Script into my highlight(Brule). The Matte2 texture is so smooth and easy to blend. Theres nothing bad i can say about this shadow because its so unique, pretty, and a great find if you are looking for a warm brown that will add some oomph to your look. Ive heard that this is a dupe for the infamous Cocoa Bear by MUG. Ive seen lots of great looks using that shadow on youtube.

Do not be scared of the red in this shadow. This will blend out a dark smokey eye beautifully and really make the eyeshadows look uniformed and just so pretty. I am not great with eye makeup but its so easy to blend that it looks good even for someone like me.I wouldnt repurchase because i dont do eye makeup that much, this will last me years. Also there are so many palettes with warm tones and this is somewhat dupeable. this will always be one of my favorites from Mac. Cannot do my smokey eye makeup without this!

on 12/22/2017 5:26:00 AM

OMG! I dont know why I havent bought it till now, I must have lived in a cage or something :) That has been a holy grail of mine. I recommend all human beings. Easy to blend, carves out your eyelids and great color payoff

on 2/18/2017 5:02:00 PM

A warm reddish brown (looks a tad orange on me) but it's a beautiful color! I usually pair this with Swiss Chocolate and Mythology for a warm coppery eye look.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I just bought this yesterday and I already love it. Bad timing, huh? It's being discontinued and I can't figure out why. This color is absolutely stunning as a crease color or "v" color on brown eyes. It literally makes brown eyes look richer. I put this with in the "v" and crease with All That Glitters, but I bet this would look gorgeous with golds, greens, blues and even purples. I used a small fluffy brush and had no problems with blending. It is very pigmented, so, as many have said, a little goes a long way. This is a unique brown in Mac's collection. It is not Swiss Chocolate, nor Embark. It is warm and rich. For WOCs, like myself, this is our Soft Brown. Hey, Mac! Bring it back!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

How on earth does this shadow not have more reviews when Makeup Geek cocoa bear is so popular? This is the original and the best. It's been duped by mug cocoa bear and Anastasia sienna and Morocco (who are they kidding, they are the same shadow). But Brown Script is the best. The matte2 formula is phenomenal. It's a gorgeous rich red brown. Jaclyn Hill has an old tutorial using this for a warm smokey eye and it's beautiful. Brown Script on the lid with Red Brick and Rule in the crease. I also love Brown Script in the crease with anything very cool or yellow on the lid. For example Makeup geek preppy (yellow baby poop color) or Anastasia Mustard on the lid with this in the crease. Or Urban Decay verve on the lid with this in the crease. I also love it with pinks like expensive pink or naked lunch.

This is my holy grail eyeshadow!!! I have brown eyes & this makes them go from boring poopy brown to a pretty bright brown, no joke.

When I first got it, I only got it because a lot of MUA on IG would use it & recommend. I was new to makeup at that time but I wanted to explore. I found it hard to use/like at first being one of the first eye-shadows I ever bought from MAC. But now there isn't one look I don't use it in. Sometimes I just use it alone.

I am medium skin, about NC35 & this goes super well on me. Easy to blend. It's like a coppery brown that is very rich in color. I tend to stick to neutral colors like golds, beige's, & browns. I lovelovelove this eyeshadow.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

out of all of my eyeshadows I hit pan with Brown Script more than every other color. I use it as a transition and it allows me to wear any color I want without looking crazy.

on 10/20/2014 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'm shade NC50 and use it in the creases of my eyes. It's the only eye shadow brand I use as other brands give me an allergic eye reaction. I bought it because it compliments FORMAT blush.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Perhaps the most used brown e/s in my collection, works amazing on WOC. I normally use it as a transition color but I've also used it for cheek contour. The thing that I really like about this particular shade is that its undertones can vary due to the person's skin undertones. I've found that while it has a tendency to go red on me (NW43) I'll use it on an NC42 and it goes orange. Great pigmentation with various uses!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Brownscript is a highly pigmented satin like eye shadow that has brown, orange, brick red shades. I use it in the crease or as a transitional shade and it is so multidimensional and looks like a beautiful sunset.