MAC Cosmetics Matte Eyeshadow - Brown Script

Matte Eyeshadow - Brown Scriptscript

4.5

on 12/22/2017 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

OMG! I dont know why I havent bought it till now, I must have lived in a cage or something :) That has been a holy grail of mine. I recommend all human beings. Easy to blend, carves out your eyelids and great color payoff

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Perhaps the most used brown e/s in my collection, works amazing on WOC. I normally use it as a transition color but I've also used it for cheek contour. The thing that I really like about this particular shade is that its undertones can vary due to the person's skin undertones. I've found that while it has a tendency to go red on me (NW43) I'll use it on an NC42 and it goes orange. Great pigmentation with various uses!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This color has become a true staple in my eye shadow collection. It works with so many different eye looks. I love how this red brown brings out my green eyes. I also love that it has absolutely no shine or sparkle at all. It's just the perfect matte. I tend to gravitate more toward matte shades as I have gotten older. I will still mix in a few shimmery shades on my lids here and there, but I love my mattes at this stage in my life.

I will start with Saddle and Texture and then blend this shade in the crease along with them. I love to use this shade with Antiqued on the lid. I think it's a beautiful color combination that makes my green eyes pop. But there are so many ways in which I use this color. I have used it on the lid, used it on my lower lids to smoke out and blend with kohl black eyeliner in the waterline. It's just an all around outstanding color that can be the base for any number of different looks.

I know that Jaclyn Hill has used this shade in her you tube videos. I already had the shade, but she showed me even more ways to wear it. A very versatile shade that just lights up my eyes. This one's a keeper.

on 10/21/2013 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My skin and hair are very cool-toned, so colors like this normally look awful on me. It's true that concealer and foundation are *mandatory* when I wear this, but it makes my eyes really blue. It may be tied with Uninterrupted (my beloved ugly ducking) and Copperplate (my all-time favorite eyeshadow) for my favorite smoky eye.

Incidentally, white liner in my waterline gets rid of the red eye effect. For stubborn cases, I'll also put a brown, gray, or black right next to my lashline and use the problem color to smoke it out. Helps a lot, but concealer is still mandatory.

on 9/24/2013 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

imo, this has a bit too much red pigment, which will make you look tired I usually try to stay away from shades for that reason, but I love mac cosmetics all around, just not this shade.

on 9/3/2013 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love this as a crease color! It is a buttery, blendable warm brown-leaning copper with not one speck of glitter. Brings out the green in my hazel eyes. This had been in my eyeshadow ho-hum drawer for well over a year before I gave it another try. I am so glad I did not give this one up. Nice to have going into the fall season. I like how a prior reviewer suggested pairing with turquoise. Keep the reviews coming Mua's, you just rescued this little guy from near solitary confinement.

on 7/17/2013 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Brown script is an amazing warm-toned brown(duh) eyeshadow that is one of the few colors that shows up vividly on my NC40-42 brown skin.

I usually blend it into my crease with all my looks. Or, if I am doing a Kim Kardashian smokey dark eye, I also pack it on to my entire lid and it looks gorgeous. It can be combined with a variety of different colors both cool toned and warm toned.

It is a must-have for your collection. I will always make sure I have this in my kit. I have a makeup tutorial linked below where I have used it in combination with other MAC eyeshadows so you can get an idea of how to use it. Hope it helps :)

on 5/27/2013 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Brown script is a matte, reddish-brown shadow. It works great both as a transition and crease color (I'm NW 50 for reference). I used this shadow a lot for the first few months I had it, but after a while I started to feel that it was just too red for an everyday color. I got Embark, which is more of a muted brown, so I ended up swapping this. Overall, this is a fabulous and versatile eyeshadow, but I guess it was just too red-based for me.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this color!!! It's an awesome all over lid shade or crease color. "Brown script" is a medium matte terracotta reddish orange brown color. I love using this with golds, bronzes and browns. Plus this color looks great by itself all over the lid with the edges blended. Also, I love layering this color over mac's quite natural paint pot. Def would repurchase! :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this colour! I actually use it for my brows, since I have changed my hair to red, and it's the perfect colour! It applies beautifully and is perfectly matte. I'm sure this would be beautiful as a liner and a shadow as well. Also, it has amazing colour payoff! I barely need to use any. I am sure I will l have this one container for a long time. This will be a staple in my routine for a long time to come.