MAC Matte Eyeshadow - Brown Script

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
MAC Matte Eyeshadow - Brown Script
Matte Eyeshadow - Brown Scriptscript

on 1/6/2017 6:48:00 PM

Wow this is a beautiful, smooth, pigmented very matte warm chestnut brown. I have a cool, fair complexion and blonde hair but still pulled this off nicely. Looking at it in the pan it's not very appealing but when it's on it seems just to blend into your skintone. Pairs nicely with other warm browns like saddle, soft brown and swiss chocolate. Keep in mind if you are fair with red/pink in your complexion DO lay down a good layer of foundation/concealer because it can bring out redness. Also looks very nice with green/blue eyes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

How on earth does this shadow not have more reviews when Makeup Geek cocoa bear is so popular? This is the original and the best. It's been duped by mug cocoa bear and Anastasia sienna and Morocco (who are they kidding, they are the same shadow). But Brown Script is the best. The matte2 formula is phenomenal. It's a gorgeous rich red brown. Jaclyn Hill has an old tutorial using this for a warm smokey eye and it's beautiful. Brown Script on the lid with Red Brick and Rule in the crease. I also love Brown Script in the crease with anything very cool or yellow on the lid. For example Makeup geek preppy (yellow baby poop color) or Anastasia Mustard on the lid with this in the crease. Or Urban Decay verve on the lid with this in the crease. I also love it with pinks like expensive pink or naked lunch.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this colour! I actually use it for my brows, since I have changed my hair to red, and it's the perfect colour! It applies beautifully and is perfectly matte. I'm sure this would be beautiful as a liner and a shadow as well. Also, it has amazing colour payoff! I barely need to use any. I am sure I will l have this one container for a long time. This will be a staple in my routine for a long time to come.

on 11/16/2007 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

i love the mac matte brown script shadow. it actually seems like a terricotta but it's great on my nw43 skin. it's listed as a warm chesnut brown on the mac site. i love the shade paired with arena or woodwinked and it's just a perfect "natural" eye. i got this in the pro palette which i'm a total fan of. check it out next time you're at the mac counter.

Video Reviews & Tutorials