MAC Matte Eyeshadow - Brown Script

MAC Matte Eyeshadow - Brown Script
Matte Eyeshadow - Brown Scriptscript

4.8

This shadow is pigmented and is more of a brick-red. Unfortunately, blending it can be a bit of a chore... and I really struggle to blend it evenly. Not something I would repurchase.

on 9/24/2013 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

imo, this has a bit too much red pigment, which will make you look tired I usually try to stay away from shades for that reason, but I love mac cosmetics all around, just not this shade.

on 3/24/2010 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love the matte2 texture, but sadly this eyeshadow looks to orange against my skin tone. But it looks amazing on other people. Highly highly pigmented.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Perhaps the most used brown e/s in my collection, works amazing on WOC. I normally use it as a transition color but I've also used it for cheek contour. The thing that I really like about this particular shade is that its undertones can vary due to the person's skin undertones. I've found that while it has a tendency to go red on me (NW43) I'll use it on an NC42 and it goes orange. Great pigmentation with various uses!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Brownscript is a highly pigmented satin like eye shadow that has brown, orange, brick red shades. I use it in the crease or as a transitional shade and it is so multidimensional and looks like a beautiful sunset.

on 11/2/2013 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This used to be one of my (go to eye shadows) but I don't use anymore because I switched it up for fun.

I love that it is matte and really really pigmented. I will be rebuying again sometime down the road

on 9/3/2013 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love this as a crease color! It is a buttery, blendable warm brown-leaning copper with not one speck of glitter. Brings out the green in my hazel eyes. This had been in my eyeshadow ho-hum drawer for well over a year before I gave it another try. I am so glad I did not give this one up. Nice to have going into the fall season. I like how a prior reviewer suggested pairing with turquoise. Keep the reviews coming Mua's, you just rescued this little guy from near solitary confinement.

on 5/27/2013 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Brown script is a matte, reddish-brown shadow. It works great both as a transition and crease color (I'm NW 50 for reference). I used this shadow a lot for the first few months I had it, but after a while I started to feel that it was just too red for an everyday color. I got Embark, which is more of a muted brown, so I ended up swapping this. Overall, this is a fabulous and versatile eyeshadow, but I guess it was just too red-based for me.

on 7/22/2010 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm really surprised there arent more reviews for brown script. This is a terracota brown colour which looks beautiful in the crease. Its not OTT brown so I can wear it to work and it looks classy. It is very pigmented so I can build it up for a glamour look as well. I like to pair this with woodwinked, goldmine or expensive pink. The matte 2 formula is so blendable! This colour is really unique...I'm glad I came across it and if its discontinued like other MUA users have said than I got lucky!

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I brought this because I was trying to duplicate a look I saw on youtube. It's a great color it showed up without a base which is unheard of on my eyes due to heavy discoloration. It's a matte2 or matte squared. It blends beautifully.