MAC Cosmetics Matte Eyeshadow - Brown Script

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
MAC Cosmetics Matte Eyeshadow - Brown Script
Matte Eyeshadow - Brown Scriptscript

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I just bought this yesterday and I already love it. Bad timing, huh? It's being discontinued and I can't figure out why. This color is absolutely stunning as a crease color or "v" color on brown eyes. It literally makes brown eyes look richer. I put this with in the "v" and crease with All That Glitters, but I bet this would look gorgeous with golds, greens, blues and even purples. I used a small fluffy brush and had no problems with blending. It is very pigmented, so, as many have said, a little goes a long way. This is a unique brown in Mac's collection. It is not Swiss Chocolate, nor Embark. It is warm and rich. For WOCs, like myself, this is our Soft Brown. Hey, Mac! Bring it back!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This color has become a true staple in my eye shadow collection. It works with so many different eye looks. I love how this red brown brings out my green eyes. I also love that it has absolutely no shine or sparkle at all. It's just the perfect matte. I tend to gravitate more toward matte shades as I have gotten older. I will still mix in a few shimmery shades on my lids here and there, but I love my mattes at this stage in my life.

I will start with Saddle and Texture and then blend this shade in the crease along with them. I love to use this shade with Antiqued on the lid. I think it's a beautiful color combination that makes my green eyes pop. But there are so many ways in which I use this color. I have used it on the lid, used it on my lower lids to smoke out and blend with kohl black eyeliner in the waterline. It's just an all around outstanding color that can be the base for any number of different looks.

I know that Jaclyn Hill has used this shade in her you tube videos. I already had the shade, but she showed me even more ways to wear it. A very versatile shade that just lights up my eyes. This one's a keeper.

Video Reviews & Tutorials