MAC Matte Eyeshadow - Brown Script

Matte Eyeshadow - Brown Scriptscript

4.7

on 12/22/2017 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

OMG! I dont know why I havent bought it till now, I must have lived in a cage or something :) That has been a holy grail of mine. I recommend all human beings. Easy to blend, carves out your eyelids and great color payoff

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Brown Script is a super pigmented orangey brown shade. I absolutely love this in the crease or built up a bit more in the outer corner of my eye. I only take a little bit on my brush at a time as it's super pigmented and it's quite easy to go over the top with it. The texture is buttery and it blends like a dream. Gorgeous.

This is my holy grail eyeshadow!!! I have brown eyes & this makes them go from boring poopy brown to a pretty bright brown, no joke.

When I first got it, I only got it because a lot of MUA on IG would use it & recommend. I was new to makeup at that time but I wanted to explore. I found it hard to use/like at first being one of the first eye-shadows I ever bought from MAC. But now there isn't one look I don't use it in. Sometimes I just use it alone.

I am medium skin, about NC35 & this goes super well on me. Easy to blend. It's like a coppery brown that is very rich in color. I tend to stick to neutral colors like golds, beige's, & browns. I lovelovelove this eyeshadow.

on 1/27/2015 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Love love love love looove this. I really can't stress enough what a perfect shade this is for us tanner (warmer) girls looking for a reddish brown shadow. Very pigmented

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

out of all of my eyeshadows I hit pan with Brown Script more than every other color. I use it as a transition and it allows me to wear any color I want without looking crazy.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Perhaps the most used brown e/s in my collection, works amazing on WOC. I normally use it as a transition color but I've also used it for cheek contour. The thing that I really like about this particular shade is that its undertones can vary due to the person's skin undertones. I've found that while it has a tendency to go red on me (NW43) I'll use it on an NC42 and it goes orange. Great pigmentation with various uses!

on 7/17/2013 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Brown script is an amazing warm-toned brown(duh) eyeshadow that is one of the few colors that shows up vividly on my NC40-42 brown skin.

I usually blend it into my crease with all my looks. Or, if I am doing a Kim Kardashian smokey dark eye, I also pack it on to my entire lid and it looks gorgeous. It can be combined with a variety of different colors both cool toned and warm toned.

It is a must-have for your collection. I will always make sure I have this in my kit. I have a makeup tutorial linked below where I have used it in combination with other MAC eyeshadows so you can get an idea of how to use it. Hope it helps :)

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Just the most amazing and versatile eyeshadow I have in my collection. Honestly, looks like a whole lot of nothing in the pan and I have skipped over many a times, choosing more vibrant colors over this, which I rarely end up using.

The perfect everyday crease color for my olive-tan skin tone (NC37), I use this with a large fluffy brush and blend it into my crease for almost every eye look. Whether it be brown script by itself with a winged cat eye, or to warm up any smokey eye look for nighttime.

It's a reddish brown shade and I would recommend everyone to give it a try, especially those with warm skin tones. And, the matte2 texture is simply divine!

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

A terracotta brown that I plain adore!

Smooth texture that blends and goes on like a dream. Wonderful wonderful wonderful color payoff.

Bought this to bring out the blue in my lenses, if you read other reviews of mine you'll know I've been trying to hunt down some eyeshadows that will do this :D Really looking to make my eye color pop, and this baby does it certainly <3

I've mainly used this as a crease color as well as on my LLL. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Am in lov! But I will try it as a lid color and update you.

Probably my second most fav shade by MAC, Brun being the first.

Suggested Look:
Brun on lid and outer V
Carbon over Brun on the outer V
Brown Script in the crease, blended with Texture
Blanc Type as a highlight and inner corner color
Brun on entire LLL, with Carbon on the outer third of LLL and Brown Script on entire LLL blended a bit further down beneath the Brun and Carbon (so I apply Brown Script first).

Love it, love it, love it forever and ever ;)

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

There isnít really a day that goes by when I don't use this eye shadow. I use this in the crease to add extra warmth to my skin toned transition colors (saddle, texture or swiss chocolate). Itís incredibly pigmented with a matte squared finish so even a light soft touch could give you too much product. Brown script isnít brown at all itís an antiqued reddish, orangey terracotta clay pot shade every DDD should own this.