GUERLAIN L'OR Radiance Concentrate with Pure Gold

GUERLAIN L'OR Radiance Concentrate with Pure Gold
L'OR Radiance Concentrate with Pure GoldL'OR Radiance Concentrate with Pure Gold

3.8

AQUA (WATER), GLYCERIN, ALCOHOL, BUTYLE-NE GLYCOL, POLYSORBATE 20, PEG-8, SORBITOL, PHENOXY-ETHANOL, GLYCERYL ACRYLATE / ACRYLIC ACID COPOLYMER, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE / VP COPOLYMER, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), POLYVINYL ALCOHOL, METHYLPARABEN, IMPERATA CYLINDRICA ROOT EXTRACT, CELLULOSE GUM, GOLD, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, PROPYLPARABEN, LINALOOL, CITRONELLOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, BENZYL BENZOATE, GERANIOL, CARBOMER, ROSA CENTIFOLIA FLOWER EXTRACT, HYDROLYZED RICE PROTEIN, ASCORBIC ACID, SODIUM BENZOATE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, BHT, BUTYLPARABEN, ETHYL-PARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

As a woman with combination to oily skin this product is amazing. That being said, the ridiculous price of this does not seem to tempt me to purchase this again. I do know there are some possible dupes or close to it BUT this is amazing without a doubt. I gives you a glow from within in a way no other product has.

The unfortunate issue with this amazing product is that for a primer to be almost $100.00; it isn't realistic for a working person to justify this cost. I could buy a great alternative primer and a foundation as well as maybe a couple more things for the same price.

If you have the money to spare; then YES! For all of us mere mortals it just does not make financial sense for the amount of product you get!

on 8/22/2018 11:41:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My biggest disappointment of all time.I rarely say this about a product as most things happen to work for me, but this one was a complete letdown.

Let me share the positive first:

It leaves a tacky texture on the skin so foundation goes on and adheres to skin a little better.
The pump is sealed shut so there's no way the gel will evaporate slowly. The packaging is solid, I'll give it that.
The bottle is very pretty to look at.

The good ends here. Now's the negative:

It makes no difference in the finish of foundation. In my experience, it also did not make any difference in longevity on oily areas of my face.

The ingredients list soooo crappy I don't even know where to begin. Before I bought this primer I was thinking to myself "If this doesn't work out, I'll just use it as a night treatment. It's so pricey and it's Guerlain so it should have some skincare benefits, right?" WRONG. First three items on the list are water, glycerin and alcohol. You read it right, ALCOHOL. The rest of the list isn't impressive either: gold is listed somewhere in the middle and there's rose extract further down the list; the rest are fillers, polymers and preservatives.

This brings us to the next problem: polymers. The booklet that comes in the box talks about high-tech polymers creating a "mesh" on the face... Polymers are the active ingredient in most hair styling products out there; it is also what gives that tacky texture on the skin. Although it's been around for a long time, this is one of the selling points of this product. By applying this product we're simply rubbing expensive hair gel all over our faces...

The gel has a very strong scent. If you don't like fragrance in products you will hate this.

I did not get that "firming" effect youtubers are talking about. Maybe what they felt was alcohol drying and tightening their skin?

Do I need to talk about the price? :(

Overall, this is a complete FAIL for me. If you have money to spend on high-priced items, go for a good quality moisturizer with lots of beneficial ingredients in it; like peptides, hyaluronic acid, sunscreen etc.

When I do wear make up this primer helps a great deal and is an amazing product.

on 2/26/2018 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

The best primer that I have ever used. My foundation doesn't crease, I thought that I would spend the rest of my life with my foundations creasing on my face, but this primer changed my life! It's very expensive to me, but It worths the money. For a second option, I love the Primerizer from Smashbox.

on 12/10/2017 5:40:00 PM

Don’t use it as a primer, mix only two drops (drops! Not pumps) in the day cream and let set before foundation. Lasts forever and looks amazing!

on 12/10/2017 5:26:00 AM

This primer is everything to me! It makes a huge difference in how my skin looks, I've been using it for nearly a year now, and I feel like it's even improved the texture of my skin. It makes any foundation I use look amazing, gives me that red-carpet ready glow that celebs seem to sport. I don't use it in summer because my skin gets oily, but it's a must every other time of the year. Highly recommend for dull/dry and/or aging skin. Avoid if you are oily or acne-prone. I have had the Meteorites primer as well, but I prefer this one for my combo-dry skin. Extremely pricy, but I notice the difference when I go without it, and a little goes a long way. I've had my bottle for almost a year, been using it almost daily (save for summer days), and it's 2/3rds full. I use half a pump mixed with my foundation rather than using it as a base.

on 12/4/2017 7:44:00 PM

A girl friend bought this for me, otherwise I would never buy a "primer" for $70. It has a nice scent and lots of gold flakes in it. Not sure if it actually works as a primer or a moisturizer. Probably not necessary but good to have if you are a freelance makeup artist that needs a quick moisturizer that doubles as a primer in a kit.

UPDATE: I started using this by mixing it into my foundation and it makes my foundation glide on the skin very nicely and dries quickly without giving you that heavy, pore clogging feeling.

on 7/6/2017 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Beautiful packaging but it is not worth the hefty price; the gold flecks look pretty but disappear when you rub the primer into your skin. It is light and moisturizing but many other primers do the same thing for a lower price; the dewiness goes away once other makeup products are applied on top. It has a nice fresh fragrance but nothing about this product justifies the price.

This stuff is pricey, but it lasts a very long time. It's not a silicone primer like Smashbox and such. It goes on wet and then dries down very quickly. I'm on my second bottle and the first one lasted over a year. So I think you get what you pay for. Sometimes I think...is this doing anything? And then I go a day without it and, YEP, it's doing something to keep my foundation looking great all day, even in a humid heat.

on 4/27/2017 2:13:00 AM

Oh my WOW. I love this. I have samples of this one and the Meteorites primer. I really like the Meteorites primer (have used it a few times), but I am trying this one for the first time today and I have to say I LOVE it. I have dry-combo skin that's prone to dry/flaky patches. This primer is more hydrating than Meteorites on my face, and gives more of a dewy look, plus my face feels super silky to the touch. The way I use both primers is I mix it with my CC cream (Bourjois) and then apply the mixture to my face, I don't use it as a 'base' like I'm supposed to. I need this in my life! Even at the end of the day after washing my face, my skin still looks pretty. If you are the kind of person who is afflicted with stubborn dry/flaky patches, give this one a try! Honestly, I love Guerlain's 'Gold' line, the Parure Gold foundation is a solid love for me as well, and this particular product is great when I'm skipping foundation and going sheer (most days). Again, if you know the pain of having to moisturize like a maniac pre-make-up, only to end up with a greasy face in the middle of the day (and worst of all, still with those darn flaky patches popping up!), you need to try this, try the whole line infact.