Guerlain L'OR Radiance Concentrate with Pure Gold

Guerlain L'OR Radiance Concentrate with Pure Gold

3.7

AQUA (WATER), GLYCERIN, ALCOHOL, BUTYLE-NE GLYCOL, POLYSORBATE 20, PEG-8, SORBITOL, PHENOXY-ETHANOL, GLYCERYL ACRYLATE / ACRYLIC ACID COPOLYMER, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE / VP COPOLYMER, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), POLYVINYL ALCOHOL, METHYLPARABEN, IMPERATA CYLINDRICA ROOT EXTRACT, CELLULOSE GUM, GOLD, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, PROPYLPARABEN, LINALOOL, CITRONELLOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, BENZYL BENZOATE, GERANIOL, CARBOMER, ROSA CENTIFOLIA FLOWER EXTRACT, HYDROLYZED RICE PROTEIN, ASCORBIC ACID, SODIUM BENZOATE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, BHT, BUTYLPARABEN, ETHYL-PARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Make-up holds up just a bit better since I have been using this primer but I never had complaints about how my make-up stays on unless I use bad products.
What I really love about this primer is how my face feels and how it looks after daily use. My skin is more clean, more radiant, more hydrated . Simply put... prettier than ever.
It also smells super pretty and although I thought that the gold flakes were a bit gaudy at first, I just like to consider it like a little treat for my skin.

on 7/27/2016 11:47:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I tried out a deluxe sample from Sephora after watching Tati try it out and love it.

I was disappointed! I felt like maybe it did give a firming effect... which was exciting... but I don't think it was a great match for my oily/combo skin. Make up went on normal, and aside from the slight firming feeling I didn't notice any other difference. It didn't make my make up last longer and my skin texture looked exactly the same on both sides. I blotted at one point during the day and my oiliness was normal!

The gold flakes disappeared into my skin, which is good. The formula is a very liquidy gel that is a little sticky prior to you applying your makeup. It goes away once your makeup is on.

I think for the summer months I need something a little better for oily/combo skin. This might be better for dry skin.

To Read all 46 Reviews, Login or Join

I'm starting to think Tati (YouTube) is full of sh*t. She reviewed this primer and went insane with claims that is was so firming, blah blah blah. Well let me tell you, it is not. Is it a nice primer? Yeah, sure. Although I would fully agree with the other reviewer (sterlingK), I found it just ok. Felt kind of sticky/tacky on my skin and not nearly as smooth and silky as the Guerlain Meteorites (one of my top 3 primers) which is more my preference. I'm wondering if the gold flecks are gimmicky and that is what draws people in? Regardless, the primer performs like other similar ones that leave skin tacky and I guess that's a good thing if you prefer heavier coverage from your foundation which has been my experience when trying these types of primers out. I personally prefer a lighter coverage and a primer that gives my skin a smooth feel so I will be sticking with Guerlain's Meteorites primer.

Pros - beautiful packaging, pleasant scent, serum-like quality, good base for foundation
Cons - PRICE, sticky/tacky residue

on 7/25/2016 9:38:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I tried this because I really like Guerlain's other primer with the pink beads in it. This was not a fav of mine, the packaging is gorgeous but the product itself didn't do much for me. It didn't make my makeup last longer or fill in lines/pores. It mostly just made my skin feel rather tacky and that feeling didn't ever go away. Would not repurchase but I do highly recommend Guerlain's meteorites base perfecting pearls which is amazing.

on 5/25/2016 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily combo skin and got a massive sample of this after watching Tati YouTuber test it out with significant results.
Being a primer I expect almost instant results. Feels like a gel moisturizing formula and leaves the skin tacky. Gold flakes disappear. Skins tone is evened out, fine expression lines on forehead were "filled" in and less noticeable and pore size seemed to minimize as well. So all good so far!
Then I applied my foundation. I used the guerlain parure gold foundation which I had purchased same day as this sample was given. Foundation went on easy. No issues. Looked lovely. Although that's a lovely foundation too! Throughout the day I did have oil breakthrough at my usual times but as the day progressed I felt my bronzer got a bit patchy and eventually by the end of an 8hour day it didn't look pretty. Skin looked hydrated and healthy but the makeup was melting away. After I removed my make up though my skin looked really nice. Just seemed and felt soft and even. So I guess that's the skincare benefits from the primer because I don't get that after I remove my make up other days.
I've since tried this primer with my other foundations and found the same issue. The foundation and bronzer blush etc just doesn't wear as long. Seems to really hydrate the skin and be healthy for it but nothing special as a primer to increase longevity. I don't think I'll repurchase because I'll just get a serum that does the same thing instead and then put my hourglass mineral primer on top because that does a better job for my oily combo skin

I bought this product after watching Tati on YouTube do a full review on it. On her, there was a beautiful and noticeable difference in her skin after using it so I made the splurge to purchase it.

I have very normal to oily skin, and not much breakouts or wrinkles so I was looking more towards the brightening aspect of this product. The packaging is BEAUTIFUL. The price is way too much, however.

I first used the product and didn't think it did too much, but continued using it daily regardless (I paid so much for it I had to), and over time I did notice my face was more firm, and more plump than before I had started using it. My makeup goes on my skin just beautifully and helps to make my skin look more smooth and bright overall.

Because of the crazy price, however, I'll probably skip on buying it a second time. I think investing in a nice skincare mask will help with your skin overall, and be more cost effective than this primer.

I too, figured this was a gimmick...gold flakes? Anyway...I had heard very good things about it, and decided to try it, and if I didn't like it, I could return it. Well....I used it a few times with different foundations...full coverage, BB cream..the Lumi Compact. powder...you name it. It took me wearing it a few times to realize, that with each of the products I used...I had the best day ever with them...then it dawned in me...it was this primer! I'm serious...no matter what type of foundation you use, this primer makes it look almost perfect. I didn't think it would actually work...but it does something to the pores that makes them almost invisible. Makeup goes on smoothly, and lasts until you take it off. As for application, I just smooth on a couple of small pumps. It's very wet, but dries down almost immediately. I didn't notice any moisturization, but there was no dryness, either. I didn't notice any flakes of gold, so I don't think it's a problem. I have to say, I'm thinking this is worth the money., The product lasts a long time, and only takes a half pea sized amount to do your entire face...plus it smells good. For me, with large pores and fine lines, this works much better than say, Benefit's PoreFessional , or even the NYX pore filling primer. I don't know whether it actually lifts and firms..I haven't used it long enough, but that would just be a cherry on top. It's awesome as a primer. Worth a try if you're struggling to find an HG foundation. You may already have it.

on 3/4/2016 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ok. I didn't want to like this primer. I wanted it to be awful and be done with it. But....that's not the case. For whatever reason, this keeps my makeup FLAWLESS all day. It doesn't even feel like a "primer". It's very liquid-y and dries completely and quickly. It seems to fill my pores.

For as expensive as it is, it's not very elegant in it's application, as it just kind of feels like your putting a clear, wet gel on your face. BUT, there's something in this that makes my makeup last all day. And by all day, I mean from 6am until I take it off. Even if it's midnight. Given how little I have to use, it should last for a long time. I've been using it for about a month and it doesn't look like I've used very much.

I said I would repurchase it, but I'm undecided. It's good, there's no doubt. I just hope I find something less expensive. They need to get their heart right about the price. $70+ for a primer is a bit steep.

on 10/15/2015 11:09:00 AM

It's a really good primer but not worth the price.

After using a sample for 3 days I noticed my make up remained flawless ALL DAY and it didn't hurt my very esensitive/rosacea skin which is great.

It also helped me with the dry patches, my face looked a bit more hydratated.

Too bad is so expensive.

on 5/5/2015 3:46:00 PM

This was the worst primer I've ever used. Also the most expensive, but seriously, the worst. It stayed sticky and left little pieces of gold foil all over my face. Not a sheen, or glow, and larger chunks than glitter. I can't believe that they still make this, or that people actually like it.