Guerlain L'OR Radiance Concentrate with Pure Gold

Guerlain L'OR Radiance Concentrate with Pure Gold
L'OR Radiance Concentrate with Pure GoldL'OR Radiance Concentrate with Pure Gold

3.7

AQUA (WATER), GLYCERIN, ALCOHOL, BUTYLE-NE GLYCOL, POLYSORBATE 20, PEG-8, SORBITOL, PHENOXY-ETHANOL, GLYCERYL ACRYLATE / ACRYLIC ACID COPOLYMER, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE / VP COPOLYMER, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), POLYVINYL ALCOHOL, METHYLPARABEN, IMPERATA CYLINDRICA ROOT EXTRACT, CELLULOSE GUM, GOLD, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, PROPYLPARABEN, LINALOOL, CITRONELLOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, BENZYL BENZOATE, GERANIOL, CARBOMER, ROSA CENTIFOLIA FLOWER EXTRACT, HYDROLYZED RICE PROTEIN, ASCORBIC ACID, SODIUM BENZOATE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, BHT, BUTYLPARABEN, ETHYL-PARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

OK, I admit it. I love the real gold flecks!...It just brings me joy. But aside from the presentation & packaging which is excellent, this primer does an fabulous job. It doesn't feel greasy, sticky, or too thick and the pump dispensers just the right amount, so there's no waste. High price, perfect packaging, great product.

on 2/23/2017 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I received a deluxe sample to try, This product is straight out rubbish.. firstly the pump clogs with the gold flecks.

The amount of product you need is unbelievable, it sucks right into your skin (my skin is Normal). makeup then pulls when being applied, the makeup also never adheres properly to the skin and within 3 hours I'm an oxidized mess!

I also tested multiple foundations!

If your in the market for a primer, look at Laura Mercier, half the price and a far inferior product.

on 12/2/2016 3:21:00 AM

A beautiful primer. The scent is light but luxurious, and whilst others have said this is not going to be good for oily skin, I disagree. It works perfectly on my skin and keeps my makeup fresh all day. Love L'Or!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got a sample of this from Nordstrom, and to my reluctance I love it. I have combo skin, and usually make up melts or breaks apart on me within a few hours. However, this stuff really keeps it on all day..and then the fact that it has a nice cooling/lifting effect and looks gorgeous product/package wise is a major bonus. Obviously the biggest flaw is the insane price tag. I will definitely only buy during VIB sales etc.

The only thing that is good is its packaging with the gold-infusion look.

It gave me a terrifying finish, does not smoothen out the pores nor giving a luminous glow. I highly NOT recommend this primer to combination and oily skin type (s) especially with acne prone!

During my first 15 minutes after application, I tried to wait till the product really absorb and works out, but it didn't and turns out very oily and greasy yet heavy (also highlight my blemishes and marks crazily) on my skin.

I thought this product could be a new substitute to my SPF Primer because I want to find something lighter and no pore clogging. I was wrong (+ it's expensive!!)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Make-up holds up just a bit better since I have been using this primer but I never had complaints about how my make-up stays on unless I use bad products.
What I really love about this primer is how my face feels and how it looks after daily use. My skin is more clean, more radiant, more hydrated . Simply put... prettier than ever.
It also smells super pretty and although I thought that the gold flakes were a bit gaudy at first, I just like to consider it like a little treat for my skin.

on 7/27/2016 11:47:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I tried out a deluxe sample from Sephora after watching Tati try it out and love it.

I was disappointed! I felt like maybe it did give a firming effect... which was exciting... but I don't think it was a great match for my oily/combo skin. Make up went on normal, and aside from the slight firming feeling I didn't notice any other difference. It didn't make my make up last longer and my skin texture looked exactly the same on both sides. I blotted at one point during the day and my oiliness was normal!

The gold flakes disappeared into my skin, which is good. The formula is a very liquidy gel that is a little sticky prior to you applying your makeup. It goes away once your makeup is on.

I think for the summer months I need something a little better for oily/combo skin. This might be better for dry skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm starting to think Tati (YouTube) is full of sh*t. She reviewed this primer and went insane with claims that is was so firming, blah blah blah. Well let me tell you, it is not. Is it a nice primer? Yeah, sure. Although I would fully agree with the other reviewer (sterlingK), I found it just ok. Felt kind of sticky/tacky on my skin and not nearly as smooth and silky as the Guerlain Meteorites (one of my top 3 primers) which is more my preference. I'm wondering if the gold flecks are gimmicky and that is what draws people in? Regardless, the primer performs like other similar ones that leave skin tacky and I guess that's a good thing if you prefer heavier coverage from your foundation which has been my experience when trying these types of primers out. I personally prefer a lighter coverage and a primer that gives my skin a smooth feel so I will be sticking with Guerlain's Meteorites primer.

Pros - beautiful packaging, pleasant scent, serum-like quality, good base for foundation
Cons - PRICE, sticky/tacky residue

on 7/25/2016 9:38:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I tried this because I really like Guerlain's other primer with the pink beads in it. This was not a fav of mine, the packaging is gorgeous but the product itself didn't do much for me. It didn't make my makeup last longer or fill in lines/pores. It mostly just made my skin feel rather tacky and that feeling didn't ever go away. Would not repurchase but I do highly recommend Guerlain's meteorites base perfecting pearls which is amazing.

on 5/25/2016 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily combo skin and got a massive sample of this after watching Tati YouTuber test it out with significant results.
Being a primer I expect almost instant results. Feels like a gel moisturizing formula and leaves the skin tacky. Gold flakes disappear. Skins tone is evened out, fine expression lines on forehead were "filled" in and less noticeable and pore size seemed to minimize as well. So all good so far!
Then I applied my foundation. I used the guerlain parure gold foundation which I had purchased same day as this sample was given. Foundation went on easy. No issues. Looked lovely. Although that's a lovely foundation too! Throughout the day I did have oil breakthrough at my usual times but as the day progressed I felt my bronzer got a bit patchy and eventually by the end of an 8hour day it didn't look pretty. Skin looked hydrated and healthy but the makeup was melting away. After I removed my make up though my skin looked really nice. Just seemed and felt soft and even. So I guess that's the skincare benefits from the primer because I don't get that after I remove my make up other days.
I've since tried this primer with my other foundations and found the same issue. The foundation and bronzer blush etc just doesn't wear as long. Seems to really hydrate the skin and be healthy for it but nothing special as a primer to increase longevity. I don't think I'll repurchase because I'll just get a serum that does the same thing instead and then put my hourglass mineral primer on top because that does a better job for my oily combo skin