Maybelline New York Hi-Shine Lip Polish in Clearly Pink

No Image

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Oh how I have missed this lipgloss! Thank goodness it appears to be in some stores -- I finally found it again at a Rite-Aid after running out of both of my tubes a few months ago! I came across this lipgloss 3 years ago on MUA and think this is the most beautiful product for my lips. I have very little pigment to my lips yet this gloss does something very amazing, it looks shiny but natural and the feel on the lips is not too sticky. Looks really good over my favorite lip liners. Very pleasant and definitely my HG gloss. I would pay four or five times the price I paid at $5.59 for this gloss, it is just that good.

Updated: 10/17/08
Dumped this. Gorgeous look, but same effect with natural glosses on the market that I picked up at Whole Foods and online. Not worth ingesting a chemical-laden gloss over the course of my life and risking any health consequences.

**I reserve a 5-lippie rating for products that shine above the rest in terms of efficacy, and based on toxicity and comedogenicity. I have a strong interest in consumer health and setting higher standards for the beauty industry. I extensively research products developed with consumer health in mind. This is my personal quest to find the best-quality products. We shouldn't have to choose between beauty and health.**

You can get it at CVS, Sav-On, Walgreens, I thought it was discontinued also but the fact is, it's just popular & always sold out

on 6/14/2006 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff!! Really shiny, no fruity or plastic-y smell (or taste!), not sticky at all, and drugstore-cheap!!!

I wear this over whatever lip color I've selected for the day and get a punch of shine. I will definitely re-purchase.

on 6/9/2006 12:39:00 PM

Lately, I spotted someone putting on a JuicyTube and realized how pretty a super-glossy lip can be. So I've been looking around for a very shiny lip gloss with a hint of a true pink tint to brighten up my pigmented mauve-rose lips. I'd always avoided these particular glosses; I had one a long time ago that was like a liquid lipstick: bad texture, frosty as hell and the packaging looked cheap. But "Clearly Pink" is awesome! It is exactly what I was looking for--it brings out the pinker tones in my lips and makes them look plump, full and attractively shiny. For some reason, this seems fresh to me rather than tacky (I guess because this is missing the shimmer or sparkles that other super-shiny glosses tend to have), as long as I keep the rest of my makeup neutral and natural (i.e., glowing skin, rosy cheeks, slightly darkened lids and lots of mascara). This has the perfect texture: thick, smooth and gel-like, and is just sticky enough to stay on your lips for awhile. There is zero scent or taste, which is amazing for a drugstore lippie and a big plus if you're after the Juicy Tubes look but are not a fan of the scents/flavors that are added to them. It comes in a round, clear tube with a doefoot wand, not the best packaging, but not awful either. Very affordable too. Definite repurchase.

continued >>

on 4/9/2006 8:41:00 PM

I don't know what I was thinking when I bought this because it's basically just an average clear gloss, the only reason I won't repurchase is because there's better stuff out there but this is ok for days when you don't feel like getting made up.

on 4/6/2006 6:46:00 AM

I bought this lipgloss based on the good reviews and was highly disapointed. I actually threw it out, which I never do, but it was so cheap. It was sticky, and had no lasting quality to it at all. There was no detectable smell or taste, which IMO would have helped. The biggest problem was that it ran into all the creases around my mouth, and was impossible to layer over other lippies, as it would migrite those underneath into my lip wrinkles as well. I tried and tried, but finally gave up and tossed 3/4 of the tube. I'll stick with Revlon, BB, Chanel and Sugar.

on 1/31/2006 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

this is a clear gloss, not too sticky, people who arent used to wearing glosses will say this is sticky, but its pretty watery to be honest(compare to revlon, loreal, sally hansen). if u want sticky--- sally hansen glosses are sticky, this is just right. i'd recommend this to beginners with lipgloss =)

the staying power isnt great, but only super sticky glosses stay well anyway, so no complaints. this is a good buy for the price, scent free, it might run if u perspire too much.

be sure to cap this on tightly, my first tube of this leaked~

on 6/3/2005 11:18:00 AM

Clearly Pink is misleading...it is good for a clear gloss.

A little too thick and gloopy feeling for my tastes and rubs off quickly but hey it is a lip gloss....

Otherwise it gives great shine, a little unnatural if you go crazy but shows up great in pictures haha

Bought this b/c of the recs here! I needed a new gloss (well I never *need* a new gloss- but I sure *want* new ones!!) and it was inexpensive!! (buy one get one- can't go wrong there!!) Anyways, it is a great gloss that gives incredible shine.. the color is absolutely perfect and lasts long.. not sticky either! I think I am going to explore this Hi-Shine Lip Polish in some more colors!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE IT!!! This lasts so well for a gloss (I'm a gloss junkie so I'd know) and even after drinking water it doesn't wash or rub off! Not to mention I love the container it comes in. It's so cute with the little stars on it.